Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will you PLEASE post a link to your kitchen??

Posted by susied3 (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 16:20

I have to say, I've spent the last 4 days probably over 20 hours of searching, here, google, FKB, every way possible, as to NOT bother you with this, BUT, I can't find MANY kitchens that I have notes on, with questions, and thought maybe if people would post the link to their original kitchen reveal, or progress pics, it might help others with questions as well.

I have a list of TWENTY SEVEN names that I have specific questions about your kitchen! I thought maybe the link to a thread with info might answer many without having to bug everyone personally!

In addition to those 27, I already have 32 threads saved in my favorites, some have the answers, some not, so will probably have to "bug you" for those. :)

So, if you have it, will you post it? PLEASE??

And, THANK YOU!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will you PLEASE post a link to your kitchen??

Here's a link to our before & after.
HTH.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Before & After Black & White Kitchen

o

This is the original post of our partly finished kitchen :-) Still needs the backsplash, appliances and lights over island, but who knows when that will get done !

Here is a link that might be useful: Bianco Antico with Mahogany Island

o

Here is a link to my finished reveal with before and after pictures.

Today is the day...it is finished

o

I posted too many high calorie pics, so it takes awhile to open...

Here is a link that might be useful: Final KM: Small, Quartz, Metal BS, Mixed Cab & Counter

o

took a bit of googling...but I finally found mine.

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen reveal

o

Don't know what kind of kitchen you are looking for but here is a link to my fairly contempory kitchen. Some how a few pictures were deleted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Contemporary Cherry kitchen

o

Here is a link to mine as well. Pretty modern, walnut with white.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sochi's walnut kitchen

o

Here is mine...if I figured out how to do this correctly....

Here is a link that might be useful: Nini's white kitchen

o

My kitchen is still a work in process, but we are making progress. Maple inset cabinetry with autumn stain and vanilla glaze.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dilly_ny kitchen in progress

o

Here's a link to mine, but not sure if I made the "list of 27".

Here is a link that might be useful: my finished kitchen

o

Here is my not quite finished kitchen. Still need paint and backsplash.

Here is a link that might be useful: Traditional with lots of detail

o

Here is mine at Halloween when I posted my finished kitchen.
I change out all my accessories with different seasons and holidays!
From Positano's Finished Kitchen

From Positano's Finished Kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: Positano's Finished Costa Esmeralda Kitchen

o

Probably not on the list, but here's my finished kitchen post.

Here is a link that might be useful: laxsupermom's Finished Cherry & Soapstone kitchen

o

Probably not in your 27 either, but here you go!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fivefootzero's Cozy Soapstone Kitchen

o

Mine has been here a while and may no longer be of interest, but
FWIW:
Here are three images right after completion.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can see the whole post under ''Major kitchen remodel--Long and Pic heavy''

I don't know how to post a link that takes you straight there. Sorry.

Sandra

o

Here's mine, post a comment in the thread if you like what you see ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: White kitchen in southern Spain

o

Love everybody's kitchen!
Sochi,
Everytime I see your house pics, I am impressed. I have a question about the frames you have used for the kids pictures and art.I am planning to make a gallery wall and would love to know the size you used. Is it the 20.5" X 20.5 " or 9" X 9". Please let me know. Thanks for the help ina dvance!

o

Here is a link to my original post--hope it comes through, I had to google it..

Here is a link that might be useful: Finally completed after 3 Years!

o

Here's mine:

Here is a link that might be useful: dragonfly08's SW quartzite finished kitchen

o

I don't think mine is at all difficult to find, and I think you know how to contact me... but just to add to this resource, here you go.

Here is a link that might be useful: RHome410's kitchen

o

I'm a little under the weather today so I thought I'd go through some of the last pages and see what finished kitchens I can find that are almost ready to drop off. Here's mick2's link.

BTW, I hope no one will be offended if I post their kitchen. It's just that I've experienced the same frustration as Susie and would like to save the links to as many kitchens as possible.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mick2's kitchen reveal

o

Hi vidyaram - the IKEA frames with my kids' pictures are just shy of 21" x 21" (probably advertised as 20.5", but they are ever so slightly larger than that). Hope this helps!

o

Here's a link to one of my favorites--oldhouse1's.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oldhouse1's kitchen reveal

o

Here's vsalz's kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vsalz's kitchen reveal

o

Here's pipdog's. It's really her second reveal but contains a link to the original reveal.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pipdog's kitchen reveal, part II

o

Most of the pics were taken in Feb 2008--if you go to my pb acct, you can see some of the accessories added after the original pics were taken. Also, toaster oven and coffee maker have since been replaced (Breville Compact Smart Oven and Technivorm coffee maker). Walls are still white, but repainted a year or so after pics taken using BM's Super White, in BM's Aura paint, matte finish on walls, satin finish on base molding.

Here is a link that might be useful: cat_mom's finished kitchen

o

Thank you all so much! I can't believe some of the kitchens I've not ever seen! There was a lapse of time when I was away for a few months in early 11, and late 11/early12 and it's amazing what you can miss if not here all the time! So much more inspiration, Thanks!
, Rhome, you know you are my inspiration, mentor, (even though you're MUCH younger:)!) I think it was your kitchen that crashed my computer of disk space.

Really doesn't matter if it's modern or traditional, even though mine will be very traditional, a lot of ideas have come from the most modern of all!

I hope my kitchen is lucky enough to incorporate something from every single one. HAHA Right....

Bellsmom, love your kitchen, I'm stealing your potrack!
MissyV, I think we are doing a lot of the same things, we are adding to our existing and moving some. Our doors are a lot alike.
I've got to go look at the rest!

o

Mine's available via the "In Progress Kitchens" on the FKB, so I doubt I'm one of the 27 (plus my kitchen's all over), but to add to the resource. Here's the link to the entire folder (Before, Designs, After, and all the details). The pics aren't totally up-to-date (DR has different furniture)...and still no backsplash other than paint.

Preview Pic:

Entire Kitchen, view from FR, Old DR furniture!

Here is a link that might be useful: Buehl's Kitchen

o

My Fire & Ice kitchen.

All specs are under the first photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jodi's Kitchen

o

Here's mine. Hope to do a new one WITH a backsplash and new light someday soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colorfast's Nearly Done U Kitchen w/pix (needs backsplash of course!)

o

Thank you flwrs for posting those links. I'm still in disbelief that so many finished kitchens have gone by without being seen!

I like the idea of everyone posting a link, if you just save one thread, then it's so much easier to click the link and go! I'm still going through all these!

o

Here's mine...

Here is a link that might be useful: My almost finished kitchen

o

Another semi-unfinished one from 2003 that most likely is NOT on your list:

Here is a link that might be useful: Old House Black Milk Paint Kitchen

o

Here is my mostly finished pics thread
And my house blog which has updated pics put up regularly (at least until we stop updating the house!)

o

I still have details to finish....including a backsplash. Just can't decide and now I'm working on a bathroom, office and bedroom redo.

I'll get back to the switchplates and repaint soon!

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Almost finished kitchen

o

Mine was posted a couple of months ago, so you may have seen it already, but here's the link anyway. It's a little bit more finished now, but not quite done yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Almost finished kitchen - stained cabinets

o

Here's mine - from an 1950's renovation to cherry cabinets and typhoon bordeaux granite. We've been living in it for over 2 years - still not done. With an 1825 house there are always many projects waiting in the wings...sigh...

Here is a link that might be useful: bostonpam's almost finished kitchen.

o

Here's mine!

Here is a link that might be useful: Angax's kitchen on a budget

o

And here is Clergychick's kitchen, which was my inspiration.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clergychick's kitchen- white traditional

o

I'll be mine wasn't one you wanted, but here it is anyway. I can't believe it's been more than two years now since we finished it! It's a modern Ikea kitchen with mosaic tile BS and quartz countertop, with no uppers.

Here is a link that might be useful: jakabedy's Ikea kitchen

o

I included the first thread which shows before.

But I also will put this URL below here which has much sharper photos of the kitchen...

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg03143721499.html?34

Here is a link that might be useful: Jgopp's kitchen with before photos...

o

Here is mine.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen page

o

here is the link to my timeless, inset, creamy kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: Phorbin's kitchen

o

Here a link to my kitchen reveal, maple cabs with yellow stain and chocolate stain.

Here is a link that might be useful: taggie's kitchen -- traditional yellow stained cabs

o
RE: Thynes' kitchen

And here is Thynes' finished kitchen, one of my all-time favorites -- it is a truly great kitchen -- and from which I stole the backsplash. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Thynes' Finished Kitchen

o

Thanks Sochi for the info!

o

I haven't been on here in quite a while, but here's my finished kitchen. We're contemplating moving, and I would miss my kitchen so much! : )

Here is a link that might be useful: white kitchen on a budget

o

Mine is in the FKB. I put the link below. It has been over 6 years since we finished. I haven't changed anything except to add the free-standing island. I never found anyone local to build me one from salvaged materials and I never saw one already made that I liked better than what I have now.

We have used our kitchen very hard all these years and everything has held up perfectly except the paint on the two cab doors by the sink. If we had put in a drip rail...couldn't get my cab guy to do it..sigh..it would have probably prevented the paint from peeling. Other than that everything is still like it was when we finished. In an 1890 home this kitchen looks like it came with the house and that is what I wanted.

All appliances work just like they did when new . Placement of cabs/drawers still works fine for me. I think it helps for new folks to hear and see "old" kitchens so they can benefit from the info. Thanks for posting this thread. c

mise en place on my island :

mise en place/galvanized bucket...no disposal

canning on the Caldera:

Photobucket

baking set out on soapstone to cool:

Photobucket

fireplace wall:

Fireplace wall

Here is a link that might be useful: Trailrunner's kitchen

o

Here are some pics of my kitchen (still not finished):

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

o

Here's a link to Christine40's kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christine40's reveal

o

Maryannboffey's kitchen reveal

Here is a link that might be useful: Maryannboffey's kitchen reveal

o

Here's a link to acw6455's million dollar home renovation including the kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: acw6455's home renovation

o

Here is my kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: aokat15's almost finished kitchen pics

o

Here's a link to photos of my still not done kitchen. Since posting, DH finished painting, and I bought counter stools.

Stools in kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: Breezy's pics

o

Love the stools, Breezy! What's up with the banquette part? I see you have a framed panel there... Are you still planning the bench and table?

o

I never did anything to make a "link" for my photos. So, I'll link the blurb on Cote de Texas. It has before and after photos. Of course you get Joni's kitchen too!

This would be the kitchen we are talking about:
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Bee's Kitchen as seen in Cote de Texas

o

I am glad I came back to this post, thats the first time I have seen Bee's "before and after" pics...amazing!

o

This is a great idea for a thread.

Here's mine. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: ayerg73's kitchen

o

susie, if you post the names of the 27 that haven't been linked here yet, someone else may have them bookmarked.

Also, if anyone is reading this, when I save a photo to my inspiration folder, I rename it as (name of the person)'s kitchen. I had been saving them, but then if I had a question later, I couldn't remember whose kitchen it was. And I started naming my own photos that way too.

o

Thanks, I have been able to check several off the list, and some of yours I already had bookmarked, :) but, when you think someones kitchen will be easy to find and don't bookmark it, turns out, not so easy.

I even found a few new ones in the FKB, so that's encouraging.

Here are a few I didn't have saved that I have questions written to ask, all the way from layout to sinks, bs, lights, floors, stools, you name it!

sayde, cascience chic, linelle, bratcat, azwildcats70, kateskouros (can lights) katieob, mtnrdredux, MB123, Jodi, Jeffrey court, mythreesonsnc, nutherokie, beaglesdoitbetter, cali_wendy, artemis78, yesdear, arlosmom, judydel, nancyaustin, peytonroad, laxfanmom (island) 1929spanish, j_bird, finestra.

Then, there are all who are in the process still, like Michelle16, bee, breezy, but most who are in progress are easy enough to find because they are a little more active.

Actually, there were a lot more names than I thought, I found another page full of people with "cabinet color" beside their name. LOL

If you see a name you have bookmarked, will you please share? Or anyone that is not there, or on FKB.
Thanks! I love, love, love, seeing every one's.

o

I'll share mine, a low-budget facelift, just to push an idea that I had, but doesn't seem to have caught on as I'd hoped. If you click on my username, you can find links to my kitchen threads and albums. If everyone links her/his kitchen on the user page, it will be much easier to find.

Here's a picture, too:

Photobucket

o
RE: Member page

By 'user page' I meant Member Page. And if anyone needs a tutorial in clickable links, here's an old favorite of mine:

Here is a link that might be useful: weed30's clickable links

o

I didn't add mine to your post earlier because it was finished years ago, but I see my name on your list. I'm happy to help. Here are way more links than you're probably interested in...

I posted an 80% finished version of the kitchen many moons ago, but I re-organized my photobucket account since then and all of the photo links got broken. The before photos are all still in photobucket though: http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o275/msteinen/before addition. My "finished for the FKB" kitchen post is linked below.

Also, because I love my sweet little pantry, here are the posts from when I finished that space: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0212465416233.html
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg021356163059.html

Here is a link that might be useful: arlosmom's finished kitchen

o

Here's mine. Thanks for the shout out flowers-in-col but you linked to sochi's not mine (which I absolutely love and wish were mine!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Vsalz reveal

o

Here's mine...note that the "After" pics are in the 2nd post:

Here is a link that might be useful: hlove's finished kitchen-(yellow cabs)

o

I like these pictures better than the original reveal, because I prefer the traditional matte soapstone finish after the counters were rehoned, and oiled rather than waxed.
Lynn

Here is a link that might be useful: farmgirlinky's kitchen, after soapstone was rehoned

o

Here is Sayde's kitchen:

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Gumwood Cabinet Kitchen

o

We just finished ours and posted pics. Link is below

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage looking White with Soapstone

o

I posted mine last weekend. I still need to make the curtains that will hang over the laundry area and in the windows. Ask me questions through that post so I'll get an email and know to respond:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0622254127859.html

Also, here's the link to the kitchen photos. I think you can get to the other albums from there too.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1929Spanish's Almost Finished kitchen

o

Here's mine. I like to call this my "Colorful White and Urban, Sophisticated Cottage Kitchen" :-) It's still not complete after more than three years, but I finally bit the bullet and revealed on Attic Mag this past May. (Insert big sigh of relief here). Here are a few photos:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And below is the link to the reveal on Attic Mag which contains a couple of "before" shots along with some photos of details.

Here is a link that might be useful: Marthavila's Kitchen

o

Here is my latest.

Kitchen renovation on a shoestring budget.

Here is a link that might be useful: REDRUM Ktichen Final Pics

o

Here is a picture of my finishd kitchen. I have added matching travertine receptacles in backsplash since this picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished Kitchen

o

Had to find mine through google. It's been over 2 years - but I still love visiting the forum!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cherry kitchen

o

Here is mine. We did glass uppers, madre perla quartzite with a slab BS, Kohler Karbons with the Stages sink - click on the photo and it should link to a public album -

z - architect pix

o

Here's mine - Just finished...waiting on Carpenter quote for banquette and trying to decide on a table and desk.
From Kitchen Renovation Before During After

Here is a link that might be useful: Before-During_After

o

I put a link to a short YouTube video tour of my kitchen. Everyone has such nice kitchens in this forum. Well done!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rachiele kitchen video

o

Bump

o

Just noticed this...I almost never get over to GardenWeb these days--sorry! Our kitchen is still not on the FKB because, well, it is STILL not finished...in fact we have done exactly zero on it since last fall. Yikes. (We had our first baby three days after I posted this, and have not had much time for DIY work since then!) We actually finally decided last week to hire someone to do the last bits and pieces, which is why I happened to stumble over here again--a few final decisions to make! I will post final photos on the FKB once we wrap up, though.

Feel free to send an email through the Member Page if you have specific questions about our space, though--I'm unlikely to see things posted here.

Excited to check out some of the finished kitchens in this thread that were still just getting started last year, too! :D

Here is a link that might be useful: Artemis78's mostly finished kitchen

o

Rhome--I didn't see your comments until tonight. I do love those stools! Yes, we are still planning the banquette and table. Someday....DH had just gotten drawings of the bench from the senior restaurant designer at work this spring before my Dad died. I'm having trouble getting back into thinking about all the things still not done on the house.

The way my cab maker made the island's back panel meant it had to installed across the whole back. I know he knew about the banquette as we talked about it often. I wasn't counting on that extra island depth. Oh well. At least its looked pretty without the bench during the last eight months since cab install.

o

What a great and resourceful thread! We should definitely keep this bumped up so it stays on the first couple of pages. My link to my finished kitchen reveal:

Babs711 Kitchen

o

Finished fall of 2011.

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Soapstone and cherry kitchen

o

This is so very helpful!
Thank you to all who posted.

What is the best way to ask questions regarding the appliances, finishes, etc.?
I am sure I'll have more questions, but right now I seem to need to know more about range hoods. In particular, the Thynes' Ancona Chef Range hood (now for sale on costco.com) and the range hood pictured in a post on May 23, 2012, above by Bellsmom.

o

Finally posted mine!

Here is a link that might be useful: CKGM kitchen

o

bump for newbies

o

Thanks for the bump, deedles. I've never seen this thread ... what a great idea to have all the reveals in one thread. Super helpful!!

o

I agree with jellytoast. Here is mine. Is FKB still active?

Here is a link that might be useful: kksmama reveal

o

I'll happily share my new reveal :)

Here is a link that might be useful: White kitchen - 1910 Craftsman

o

I was aware of the FKB, but not this thread. You would think this thread would have many parts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Reveal, White, Cherry, Grey and Green EIK, Long and Narrow

o

What a wonderful idea to have all the finished kitchens in one place! I hope to one day post my kitchen. Thank you for sharing.

o

Mine is now an old kitchen, finished in 2010. All DIY except countertops. Budget kitchen, two tone with mirrored doors. I will be giving another kitchen a facelift soon.

photo partoffinishedkitchen049.jpg
 photo finished022.jpg
 photo morekitchen003.jpg
BEFORE
 photo P1010004-1.jpg
 photo graniteanddogandfamily071.jpg

o

Great thread. Not sure if this poster is still looking for info, but here's my reveal for what it is worth. Happy Holidays to all. Cheers!

Here is a link that might be useful: diyguyjr kitchen reveal

o

here's ours

Here is a link that might be useful: cherry shaker contemporary

o

Here's mine. Great thread!

Here is a link that might be useful: Soapstone and Slab Cherry

o

Here's mine from when I moved in a little over a year ago.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished kitchen: Ikea, walnut, marble and glossy white

o

My kitchen...some potentially interesting features...counter behind sink bumps out into window...cabinet over fridge contains tv that is slaved to the tv in FR...MW is in oven stack behind nesting doors so it can be hidden...dish towel cabinet...cork backsplash over bar and mail station...open to breakfast nook and FR.

o

My rancher remodel:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0614293210436.html

My MCM remodel:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg121224151625.html?19

o

Thanks for bringing this back alive deedles! I've not seen this so it's wonderful to see all of the beauty that this site has helped to bring to fruition. Hopefully I can add mine on here in a few months!

Happy New Year everyone!

o

Firsthouse_mp My Rancher House. Making the link clickable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Firsthouse_mp My Rancher House

o

Firsthouse_mp My MCM remodel:

Making the link clickable.

Here is a link that might be useful: thouse_mp My MCM remodel:

o

Link to thread with pics of mine:

Here is a link that might be useful: californiagirl's kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here