Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite Threads Thread

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 19:13

This forum is such a wonderful place. It's a place where we can ask for advice on our kitchen design, whether it's a reno or a new build. It's a place we can freak out when we need to be calmed after nearly killing a contractor. It's a place where we share our joyful news. And sometimes it's a place we turn when we are very sad.

There have been some threads here that are hysterical and cause me to laugh. You know the ones, they go to 150 postings within a day or two.

So what is your favorite, or most memorable thread? If you can't find it through GW's search engine (really a big surprise) use Google, you will find it.

When you find your favorite thread, post the link so that it is a direct link. Sometimes that option doesn't appear right below the box where you type your reply, but rather it appears when you do the preview.

I hope we can find some fun memories to share with some of the newer members.

Just want to say Thank You to all of you for all the hand holding over the years. And please get ready...I will need a lot of support as we get ready to leave the famous Beekeeperswife kitchen and build something new.

My choice is towel pig thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Towel Pig

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite Threads Thread

Of course, there was the one from Marcolo too.

Here is a link that might be useful: I Poured Milk in My Salad

o

These are great I look forward to seeing more!

o
RE:Oh, I've got one:

Oh, I've got one:

Here is a link that might be useful: favorite thread

o
Forget the plain old Bump

enduring...who knew? How did I miss that?

o

How about this one....well, the link anyway... (the link at the bottom of the page works)

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread: What a Mom Says in a Day-Condensed Version

o

It has to be I Poured Milk in my Salad, which was before my time but I saw it in reruns.

I think that is the one where the contractors are asked to show they understanding by copying in crayon?

o

That mom one is hilarious. (you have to scroll to the bottom of the post to get a link that works)

I had recently joined GW when Marcolo posted his "I poured milk in my salad" thread and knew that I had found a cyber-home.

o

The "I poured milk in my salad" may be my favourite too. One of the few I had to read immediately to my husband.

I can't find the thread to my favourite line, but the line went something like this: "OMG - Palimpsest is a DUDE???"

o

I've been a power-lurker and have recently come out of hiding :)
I loved this one from March of this year.

Here is a link that might be useful: How is remodeling a kitchen like having a baby?

o

I think the "Recognizing Trendy" discussions were great. Not belly-laughing hysterical like "Milk in Salad," but I learned a lot.

Part I:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg082144156645.html?150

Part II:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0923250530786.html

Part III:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0920265212465.html

(I don't think there was a Part IV. Anyone know?)

Here is a link that might be useful: Trendy, Part I

o

califreckles, I'm so glad you found the "Having a baby" thread. I was searching for it too but couldn't remember the exact title.

Another favorite:

Here is a link that might be useful: Describe your slippery slope experiences.

o

And then there's the "widget" thread...

Please, do not take offense, we've ALL done these at some time...plus it's all in fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread: Don't read this, I'm just whining about a pet peeve

o

Oh my, I needed a good laugh. Love perusing those threads! Though now I want a towel pig...

I'm a bit newer but this somewhat recent thread had me laughing like crazy.

Here is a link that might be useful: my sister in law ... I could just smack her thread

o

It's nice to take a trip down memory lane and also read some threads that I missed. Buehl, I thought of the widget thread too. It's a good one.

Here's one that's OT, but still funny.

Here is a link that might be useful: Raising Boys.... a chuckle

o

ah! the widget thread, a classic and my all time favorite !

o

ahhh, widgets. Hysterical. That thread was from late March....how much snow was falling I have to wonder...sounds like a lot of punchy people suffering from cabin fever.

Anybody remember the thread where the poster wanted to strangle her GC (I know, so many of those) but she actually had a screaming match with him, and we all were casting actors who would play them in the movie version of this made for TV movie? I don't want to guess who it was, I have an idea...

o

OMG - I got as far as the I Poured Milk on My Salad thread and thought I would not recover...so many hilarious tales within the tale (BKW's pouring cat food in the cereal bowl should have had its own thread!). I was amazaed that the milk/salad thread ran only a short 13 days!

o

Thanks for this post, bee. I can't believe I thought I was really living back before I read "I Poured Milk On My Salad."

o

This one had so many heart-warming stories :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Meaning behind User Names

o

OMG! These are such a hoot!! I barely got through the Towel Pig, and then went to the Widgets!!
Thanks for the laughs!!

o

Here's another thread I love where GWers show the rest of their houses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seen your kitchen...what's the rest of the house look like?

o

If you have pets, you will not be able to stop laughing. It is from the Home Disasters Forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cat threw up in washing machine

o

Bee: That was me who had the screaming fight with the GC. I can't locate the thread and can't recall who we wound up casting as him...someone sufficiently appealing to reel me in as a customer, but ultimately smarmy. Harvey Keitel? I do recall that I wanted someone like Julia Roberts or Scarlett Johannsen to play me, but sadly had to realize Kathy Bates was more realistic. Even more sadly, the saga isn't over yet.

o

YES!!! It WAS you! I knew it was a 2 syllable username! lol

I wanted Danny Devito to be the GC.

I just tried to find that thread and I can't. :(

o

Bee...and it was Danny DeVito, I was remembering as an appropriate person for the GC (assuming I was drunk when I signed the contract with him, that is....)

o

Bee, Thank you for this thread... "I poured milk in my salad" is a definite keeper!!!! Still laughing!
Beachpea

o

Power tools and French manicures was fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: Belts, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here