Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sag1_gw

Cat threw up in washing machine

SAG1
21 years ago

Will some bleach get this out? I want to be on the safe side.

Comments (140)

• jel48
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Shall we bring this one up top again?

• QsilvQ
    12 years ago

...ROFL! omigosh thank you thank you thank you all!

Partly for the practical reminder that double-sided sticky tape can make warm machinery less comfie.

Best though, for the reminder that even if there's no fix, there's a funny side to it all. My cat's just spewed all over my tv AND router, and now the tv's doing its own hissing and spitting.

I'm sure at least one of the machines will have to be replaced... but after almost 9 years this thread's still a keeper!

• paige16
    12 years ago

We had a cat but my husband was much more trouble when he decided to change the car oil and put it in a laundry detergent bottle and leave that bottle right near the washing machine and YES the inevitable happened. My daughter was a teenager then and most of her clothes were in the machine. His life was made miserable for days. I would have preferred your cat!

• junebug20
    12 years ago

I can't tell you ho comforted I am to read that I am not the only one with a cat that likes to throw up. I only wish I had found this thread years ago when I posted on the pet forum regarding my cat. Instead of support or humor, I got berated by some woman who thought I fell off the turnip truck or something because there MUST be something wrong with my cat - "cats don't throw up for no reason," she said. Despite having had cats all my life and having taken said cat to the vet and had a battery of tests run, she still thought I was an idiot and didn't know what I was talking about.

I knew my cat was a vindictive up-chucker when he was about 5 years old and started doing it when I took care of a family member's cat now and then. He didn't throw up for the entire three days the cat was in our home, but did manage to throw up in the 10 minutes we were gone to take the cat back to its home. Then the next time the other cat came for me to watch him, MY cat vomited three times in an hour - he didn't even wait for the cat to go home that time.

And if THAT was not enough to convince me that he was being vindictive then there was the time when my husband was working very late hours. I would come home every night for a week to find, in the same spot, vomit on our flokati rug. He did it because my husband, the love of his life, was not around much. My cat loves him so much that he likes to lick his hair.

But my kitty, as much as I love him, is a big dummy. He loves to go outside, eat grass, then go through the vomit dance. He can also never throw up in one spot - it always has to be a minimum of three! I can't keep flowers in the house because he will try to eat them and forget about Easter grass!!

In the morning he will look for a dust bunny to eat if I take too long in getting him some milk or a snack. He knows it ticks me off, but he does it anyway.

My cat once urinated in my husband's shoe (we were coming back from a vacation and had clothes in the back) in a moving car (I would have loved to have witnessed his acrobatics in straddling that shoe. Nevertheless, my cat has NEVER (knock on wood) thrown up on or in a TV - thank goodness!

• cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
    12 years ago

One of my three kittie boys threw up into the washing machine not two weeks ago and managed to get vomit inside the drum, between the drum and the outside wall, as well as down the bleach dispenser.
    A trifecta.

• rockybird
    11 years ago

When I was 14 yrs. old, I went to France on a school trip. Since there is no drinking age in France, you can guess what we did one night - sneak out of the hotel to go to the local bars in Paris. The next day, I was too sick to participate in the tours. Feeling better in the afternoon, some friends and I went to Champs Elysees for late lunch. I asked the waitress for water, as I was severely dehydrated. She was a TERRIBLE waitress and obviously did not like us. She never brought the water. She DID bring me an empty glass at the end of the meal (?!). I promptly vomited into the glass (my friends were impressed at my skill in not spilling a drop), handed it back to her, and walked out of the restaurant (leaving money for the bill of course). Needless to say, I did not drink anymore for the rest of that trip!

• rustico_2009
    11 years ago

Dog adoption story...no worries it ends in a big mess.
    I took on a rescue dog many years ago. For days....maybe weeks the poor thing was constipated. I probably should have taken him to a vet.

Anyway, you understand that dogs do not like the ruckus of Fourth or July fireworks, so as I was ready to go out, I put the dog and my other dog in the kitchen and shut both doors. All I can say is good thing both dogs had not been constipated. Needless to say I do not have a strong stomach.

I almost cried it was that bad. The Fourth of July is my birthday too.

Luckily, the place, which I was renting had linoleum and was not very nice. After a while, and several bottles of bleach, you couldn't really tell that, at midnight on my birthday, trembling and gagging, I opened the back door and drug a hose through the front of the house and at full flow and pressure blasted out the worst of it...

• jane__ny
    9 years ago

My cat. Loves the washer.

Jane

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I love this thread! Thanks for bumping it, Jane :D

• rmtdoug
    9 years ago

Jane - Your cat is a spitting image of our beloved Pumpkin. Brought a tear to my eye. She died last year at 23.

We switched our cats to wet food exclusively. They hardly ever throw up anymore. Plus, we brush them at least once a week. No more hair balls.

• SaltiDawg
    9 years ago

"Ginger is very good for nausea, give him a spoonful of powdered ginger, it's great as a tea too!"

I wonder if this poster EVER did "get it?"

• toxcrusadr
    9 years ago

Yikes! Sounds like the Cinnamon Challenge.

• beekeeperswife
    9 years ago

this thread is almost 12 years old! Love that it is featured on the sidebar on GW! This is one of the GW classics for sure!

I'm now cat-free and happy about it, so no good stories to share. Although we also did have a dog that with proper warning we could get her to the toilet in time. She was the perfect dog!

• jane__ny
    9 years ago

rmtdoug, 23 years. I love the orange cats, they are very quirky. We had one who died at 18 and we so sad. My niece found this kitty and decided it was time for us to get a kitten. He's now 1 yr old.

He can open almost any door without a door knob. Loves hiding places and love the washer because the stainless tub is cool (that's my guess). When I took this shot I had laundry to do and he wouldn't get out so I started throwing my clothes in the machine. He wouldn't get out. Eventually, I had to drag him out.

So far he hasn't thrown up despite the long hair. I do give him hairball treats.

Jane

• jane__ny
    9 years ago

I never noticed the date! That is so funny. I saw the cat in the washer on the side panel and clicked on it.

Sorry, I am shocked this is so old.

Jane

• patricianat
    9 years ago

These are just too cute. It is a fun thread to bring up especially when there has been so much real life drama in our lives. Cute, cute kitties. Kitties are the best.

• lavendarlookup
    9 years ago

Thank you to all who have posted here.
    I was wanting to look up the best methods and varieties for growing lavender, to hide the fragrant evidence of pet evacuation (dog peeing on steps) and somehow I magically ended up on this thread.

I really needed a good laugh and this thread gave me all of that along with tears, snorts, and a quick dash to the toilet!

A side note - Great literature stands the test of time.
    This thread will never not be funny ;) and therefor is great litter-ature!

• frankielynnsie
    9 years ago

I saw this thread in most recent posts and started reading it. I laughed until I cried. We have cats and dogs who have had their share of tummy problems. Our Yorkie will start out standing on your chest and if that doesn't get you up she proceeds to 'dancing on your head' waking you up with plenty of warning that she needs to barf so we can get her over the toilet.

Our cat has had only one bad carpet staining episode-she was using her litter box and had an attack of ??? She screamed and then came flying out of the litter box and streaking thru the house with nasty smelling diarrhea shooting out of her butt everywhere. When she was finished she scrubbed her butt on the carpet, leaving a long dark brown line of diarrhea. DH has always had a sensitive stomach so I sent him away before there was another mess to clean up.

• toxcrusadr
    9 years ago

Good Lord frankie, a streaking poop bazooka!

• highcountry21
    9 years ago

I just came across this thread by accident - 12 years (!) from the original posting. I have to say it's the best accident I've ever had because I have been laughing, crying and trying desperately to catch my breath at some of the comments I've been reading - you all are freaking hysterical!

I have 2 insane cats (our flying monkeys) a cunning Senegal parrot who is always out for blood (and gets it more often then not) and a much older, small rescue dog, literally grabbed after being tossed from a car in the middle of the road. We also have an ivory carpet - well, it used to be ivory at one point in time - and let's just say we now have a very close relationship with Mike, our carpet cleaning man whom we now have on auto schedule 3 times a year. No matter which end it came out of, we've stepped in it all - barefoot - in the middle of the night (creating new and interesting expletives) - you name it, we've squished it, stepped in it and once it actually caused me to puke (my Lab, now since passed, once vomited and had diarrhea in at least 10 spots on my wood floors during the day. I came home from work, opened the door, took one look (and smell) and headed straight for the toilet. Even changing baby diapers was never that bad but God bless our beautiful Sammi. We still miss her.)

We've had some pretty funny situations - way too many to go into - over many different cats & dogs - but recently my curious cat got her neck caught in a plastic grocery bag handle (more than once) and raced around the house like a maniac trying to get away from it as IT chased HER until we caught her on her 2nd or 3rd circle around the house), then the dog puking ON me and the sheets in the middle of the night (stripped the bed and my clothes, crated the dog and slept on the bare mattress - bare) and once when one of my monkey's (cat) was a little chit, I was unloading laundry from the washer to the dryer. I reached into the washer for more clothes and came up with a handful of small cat hiding under wet sheets. No, he didn't go thru the cycle but had quietly jumped in while I was loading the dryer. I've also had one of the cats hide in a larger paper shopping bag from a major department store - I went to go pick it up from the floor (clothing still in it) when he jumped out vertically and scared the living chit out of ME! Also had a dead and dismembered mouse lovingly smeared from living room thru dining room to the kitchen - yeah, that was a good one - and once my cat brought me a LIVE mouse (indoor cat - house mouse). He brought it to me and held it in his mouth but wouldn't let go for me to grab it. So I grabbed a cat treat and just waved it in front of his nose - viola! Release! Now I had a squirming live mouse in my hand - ran to the door and flung it into the next zip code. Sweet boy. Needless to say some days I'd like to swing them by the tail but they are our loves and they are endlessly amusing.

The best is when my girlfriend (she is blind) had one of those Roomba type (imitation brand) things sweeping her floor. She also had a doberman puppy who was set to go to training as her guide dog. What she didn't know is that the puppy pooped on the floor, the Roomba thingy got caught up in it and slowly and carefully deposited it everywhere it went to "clean." I got a panicked call and went to help her clean the place up but cleaning that floor cleaner? I was all for just tossing it but she actually took it apart and cleaned it herself!

Lots of cute (and nauseating) stuff but nowhere near as hysterical as up-chunks in the washer and some other things posted.

This thread has to be the best I have ever read - and like others have said, I hope it NEVER goes away - it's absolutely timeless! THANKS for the laughter and tears!!

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Highcountry, I'm sitting here picturing the mess that "Roomba" must have made!!!

We have 3 cats, Maine Coon, another medium haired and a short haired. The short-haired has a cast-iron constitution and has never horked a fur-ball.

The other two, are a whole different story. They will always walk over a bare floor to the carpet and leave their gifts there. I just love getting out of bed and stepping on a cold, wet lump. Why do cats do that? :~(

• Lynninmass
    9 years ago

I used to come home from school often to find that our dog had pooped not on the floor or carpet, but on the fringe of the carpet. This was no chihuahua, it was a huge Great Dane. She loved the fringe. Sometimes breakfast didn't agree with her. Babies were easy after that.

• pumpkineater2
    9 years ago

I find it very amusing that this was posted in the home disasters forum!

• pumpkineater2
    9 years ago

Just for fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

That is exactly the visual I was thinking pumpkin! Oh!
    Gorgeous home and carpet too.

• kmarissa
    9 years ago

We had had our two cats for a couple of years before getting a dog, and although the cats have gotten used to our dog and are pretty comfortable with him, I'm sure they'd be happier if he weren't around. So although they're both very good about using the litterbox, when they do go rogue, they like to do it...

right in the middle of the dog's bed.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

And people actually believe that animals don't reason!!!
    They are thinking all the time!

• Coggie
    9 years ago

When my first cat was approaching the end of her days, she was incontinent and losing the use of her hind legs. As she still loved living life, we decided to keep her till the end of the summer before putting her down. This meant that she had to wear diapers and spent much of her time scooting around on her butt, pulling herself with her front legs.

I came home from school one day to find diarrhea puddled across the kitchen floor and into the foyer. Eventually realized that it had not come from either of the dogs or the four younger cats, but had leaked from Figgy's diaper. She came scooting out from her corner to greet me, with her usual nonstop senile "talking," and scooted right through the mess. I grabbed the diaper off her and tossed it in a plastic bag, and set her outside the back door while I cleaned up the floor, leaving the door open to help with the smell and to assure her that I could still hear her.

I eventually got to the foyer with my back to the back door, when I heard hooves behind me on the kitchen floor. Inky the goat had let himself out of the pen and come in for a visit… and stepped right in some fresh mess Figgy made outside as he walked into the house, tracking it back over the floor I just cleaned. I jumped up to chase him out… and he decided to grab the dirty diaper on the way, spilling it all over the floor again.

Out I run after the goat, leaping over the mess and babbling cat. I eventually managed to wrestle the diaper away from him and throw it away in the outdoor trash. I returned to the back door to find that Figgy had managed to haul herself back up the steps and in through the door, looking for someone to keep listening to her. And she scooted right through the mess Inky had tracked/dumped inside. So out goes Figgy again, with the door barely cracked this time while I cleaned. Got it all cleaned up and noticed Inky back on the patio, munching a container of play dough that he found God knows where. As I ran to take it away from him, I didn't close the door all the way behind me. After I finally recovered the play dough, I came back to the back door, and guess who I found cheerfully scooting her still-messy butt across the floor yet again?

I nearly died laughing by this point and hardly cared that several hours of my day ended up being wasted scrubbing the floor and the goat and the cat.

• jespere40
    9 years ago

I have so enjoyed reading ths thread! I've had my share of yaking cats but none of them compares to the morning that I was getting ready to go to work. I go to put on my heels and a couple of cats are sitting nearby, looking intently at one of the shoes. I didn't think anything about it but when I put my foot in the shoe, there was something in the toe. I figured it was a paperwad, their favorite toy at the time. So I pick up the shoe, stick my finger in the toe to flip out the paper and it's furry! I yelp, toss the shoe and the cats go running. I can't get the cats to come and get the mouse, cowering on the carpet. So I swat it with my shoe and throw it out the front door ... while they look disappointed that I took away their toy!

• Cissy810
    9 years ago

It’s official. I can no longer use the internet without highly qualified adult supervision.

Honestly, I sat down for 30 seconds to look up a plant and verify its proper name.

I wound up here, somehow ��" and I simply couldn’t stop until I’d read every single comment. And I don’t even HAVE a cat anymore. (R.I.P. Sheba)

Is there some kind of treatment program available for people like me, who actually read random internet c*rap like this?

I hope so, otherwise I’m completely done for! Kaput . . . Fin . . . Just get the padded room ready . . . LOL!

Note that the first post was made here on 31 Oct 2002 ��" and the last was posted on Friday, 25 Jul 2014.

Dear Lord, it must be an epidemic!!!

PS: No laughing, either ��" and this means YOU!

• Rudebekia
    9 years ago

Such a hilarious thread!

As a long-time cat owner, I am highly adept at catching the cats in the middle of a retch and moving them from the oriental carpet to a hard surface for easy cleanup! It is second nature to me by now.

• gailr42
    9 years ago

I came on here looking for a discussion of ice machines. The sidebar showed a Tuxedo cat looking in the washer. I finished the ice machine discussion and couldn't resist clicking on the pretty kitty...I was, like, OMG, what if I can't remember my password so I can post, but I did.

Although I haven't spent a lot of time on this site, I always find something useful or interesting. This thread just made my day! I have a couple of cats, so I know whereof you all speak.

I got one of those "top loading" litter boxes called CleverCat. I don't know if it will be totally satisfactory, but last night, unknown to me, one of the cats was using it. Her striped tail was hanging over the side of the box and I thought it was a snake. I yelped and the cat came flying out of the box like a rocket ship. Scared us both pretty well.

• morganne13
    9 years ago

We have two cats, orange brothers named Sprocket and Widget. They are afraid of the vacuum cleaner. Very very afraid. One day while I was at work not too long after we got them, my SO was vacuuming and he thought the cats had gone into the bedroom so he heads down the stairs to vacuum the short downstairs hallway, steps down off the stairs, and finds the cats cowering at the end of the very short hallway...

So Widget decides that the best way to stop the evil vacuum is to stop my SO and leaps up and bites his hand. Sprocket just wants to be AWAY so he runs to the other end of the very short hallway, tries to jump over the door frame (where there is only wall) and comes down on a spin panic pooping the whole time. My SO has by this time turned off the vacuum cleaner. Now Widget is covered in my SO's blood and Sprocket is covered in poop, so he wraps Sprocket in a towel and shoves both of them in the kitty carrier.

He and my son clean up the mess in the carpeted hallway. Unfortunately there were shoes there some of which also had to be cleaned in addition to the floor, the walls, and the door. Next, Sprocket (who is my cat and does not like my SO) gets a bath which involves a lot of unhappy yowling. Widget in the meantime cleans himself while still in the carrier. Rough day all around. I find out all the proceedings when I get home from work.

The saga does not end because my SO cleaned his hand after cleaning downstairs. So it gets infected to the point of red lines of death starting to creep up his hand. Next involves a rather expensive Urgent care visit and a round of antibiotics....if he'd waited even a day more before realizing that it was infected he would have been headed to the ER instead...

Cat vacuum protocol involving making sure the cats were in a room with a closed door away from the vacuum was instituted until they figured out that the vacuum, while still evil, was not coming for them and learned to hide in one of their "safe" places while the vacuum was in use....

• rainydecember
    9 years ago

I don't think I have ever laughed at anything as much as this. Thanks for making my day. I will now not worry as much about my cat who also throws up all over my couch, bed, throw pillows, table, floor and anywhere else it has a chance to. Luckily he only eats dry food so the cleaning is easy.

No as bad as the puppy we got as kids who was given a worm treatment and then chose to do his thing in front of my mom's book club ladies with worms curling all over it. The puppy ended up being called "Meat pie" after that.

• linda_tx8
    9 years ago

Great thread! My long-haired black cat does a lot of throwing up. Currently, her favorite place is my bed. So I get up in the morning, turn my mattress up against the wall and get the pillow and covers out of the way. That usually discourages her from being on the bed. I recently bought something called a Furminator, which should help remove some of the excess fur. Better than paying for grooming, I think!

• hottubjoe
    9 years ago

I, too, found this thread most amusing. I was looking for natural herbicide, and couldn't resist clicking on the pic of an adorable cat. I have 4 cats, and have had several cats over the decades. I used to have dogs, but, when I moved into condos, I didn't think that was an appropriate setting for dogs. Cats adopt to being indoors more easily. But now, 2 of my beloved babies (both Maine coons) have a penchant for throwing up, and most often, this is not caused by a hairball. But they have gotten clean bills of health from the doctor, so I figure it must be emotional. Jaxon will throw up if he eats more-then-just-a-few bits of kibble, so we limit all the hard food for all the kitties. They rarely throw up soft food. Mother Nature is telling us something! My other two cats hardly ever throw up. One can eat ANYthing, and he doesn't even take the time to chew or taste, just inhales the food. I have learned that dog vomit on a carpet is forever, no matter how-often you clean it up, and cat vomit does not stain. Just clean it up and you're good to go till the next time. And yes, both species prefer to do their thing on a soft surface. We've developed a great clean-up system, so it doesn't even really bother me anymore. It's one of the facts of life if you have pets (and, apparently from this thread, children). I would not give up my animal companions for the world, nor would I ever want to be without them. My cats have become my world, now that I am retired. They are great companionship, so-much fun to watch, and offer unconditional love.

One last note: A few years ago, I bought some cat treats that had been basted with something red. When the treats reached their stomachs, they immediately came back up, and the red dye (or whatever the coloring was) DID stain the carpet--permanently. I have since learned that these treats came from China, and that the color which was "basted" on was actually red beetles that had been ground up. The US has since banned the import of any products with this type of coloring. BEWARE OF FOOD PRODUCTS IMPORTED FROM CHINA, whether for children or pets. Those folks don't seem to care if they poison us!

• Frankie63
    9 years ago

I have always been told once it is on the internet it is there forever and it looks like this thread has definitely proved that fact...
    I laughed so hard I cried because I can totally relate to this post and everything listed here has happened more than once in my house...Ya see I have a soft spot for animals in stress and have rescued many through the years at the moment I have six cats and let me tell you not a day goes by that I am not laughing hysterically at their antics or cleaning up their messes...
    But the story I am sharing tonight is about my Black Lab who crossed the rainbow bridge last Dec. He was a chicken dog although he was big(98 lbs) but was afraid of his own shadow...we fed him a good diet which of course included vegetables yea he reacted to them the same way most humans do!!! so anyway he would lay down and silently gas us to death until we had to open a window or go outside to get relief then one evening he was laying in his regular spot when he passed gas but not so quietly he jumped up and started barking and whining and running to his favorite hiding spot under the bed he had scared himself so bad that he stayed under the bed for almost 2 hours...LOL...My DH and I just laughed and laughed at him...it was just hilarious that great big dog running away from his own butt and making noise all the way down the hall...he thought it was a monster chasing after him!!!

• jomorgan
    9 years ago

OMG I've been laughing and crying through every post. Never thought puke was so funny. This is about a human though. I had a good friend, much older than I, and very heavy. She could hardly walk and lived in an assisted home. The bus would take them here and there and when it was to go to KMart, she decided she needed some potting soil, so after her lunch, went along. Well, she said that the potting soil was wayyyy in the back so she took a cart to help hold her up for the walk. By the time she got up to the checkout lane she was exhausted. She was behind a man who was standing sideways looking at a magazine. All of a sudden, she said, she felt like she'd swallowed a baseball and she threw up her lunch of chicken and rice, and it just COVERED his shoes. He looked down and said JESUS CHRIST.
    All she said to him was, Gosh, I didn't even feel sick. Then she walked out the door and left her potting soil there.

• jfk66
    9 years ago

I can only repeat what others have said. I went to look at pantry shelf sizes and I ended up here. After laughing out loud and admiring the 12 year thread, I can note that cat vomit does NOT come out of light colored berber carpet even if cleaned up immediately. It does leave a residue. I just had an episode, which I always link to dry food that our cat loves a bit too much. He wolfs it down and throws it back up. One vet just said, "older cats vomit" and recommended hairball formula food, which is dry. After I stopped giving him that he didn't vomit as much. He did vomit on top of a breakfront in a rental apartment we lived in overseas and we didn't find it until it was petrified. Also on top of the kitchen cabinets, same kind of deal, different country. Our other cat who has many other physical issues luckily does not vomit. That would be the limit.
    That cat washing machine would be handy but it was obviously very cruel. I've thought about something like that but you can see the cat is terrified.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Hottubjoe, your post reminded me of Smudge who is a 14 yr old Maine Coon. He throws up fairly regularly, usually a hairball, but not always. Roxie, another medium-haired cat also throws up, but Bud, a DSH has a cast-iron constitution and never upchucks.

Our cats love Temptations treats, and I bought a different flavour/kind, natural or something.

Smudge ate them, and vomited for a full day.....bright green bile, the colour of the treats. He wouldn't eat or anything. I finally got him to eat and he was back to normal in a couple of days.

I wrote to Temptations and told them about Smudge but they just send a form letter saying that their products are tested.

• Tim
    9 years ago

Yeah, rides that spin do that to me too. LOL

• growthemseeds
    9 years ago

Lol poor kitty >.

• SquirrelCrusher
    9 years ago

My cat is an over eater. If his belly will hold X amount of food and there is X+X food in the dish, he is going to try and fit it all in. That leads the the 3 foot long projectile vomit disaster I woke up to the other day in my kitchen. He is pretty good about not being picky about his puke spots.

He managed to puke off this cat tree and land the puke directly into my work boot. Luckily I saw it before putting my foot into a pile of puke.

• Mittens12
    9 years ago

I just found this site today. I came from the "building a home" section and I have no idea how I ended up here. I was reading for 45 minutes before I realize everyone is writing from 2002. Glad to see the forum is still alive!

Coggie your story about the cat diaper and goat fiasco was absolutely hilarious. I'm glad you, Figgy and Inky got to enjoy life together.

• lynardskynardfan
    9 years ago

OMG! I am laughing so hard, I can't breathe and am coughing! I can't even read all of the comments. Having 3 dogs,one who loves to upchuck everything, anywhere, I can empathize. But I must say wait til you have a dead frog in your drier! I did, couldn't figure out where the smell was, kept rewashing stinky clothes. Then I got out my flashlight and stuck in the lint trap was this poor flattened frog. I don't know how he got in there unless my son, at that time around 6, had it in a pocket. What a stench. I think I used a few boxes of fabric softner sheets before it finally smelled okay.

I hope you wiped the chunks up before you ran the machine!

• blizzardddding
    7 years ago

OMG this is the funniest thing I've ever read. I found this when I was trying to find out how to get cat puke stains out of the carpet. Wow, I'm in great shape compared to some of these stories. SO SO funny.

• jemdandy
    5 years ago

At least your laundry was not in the machine when the cat hurled, ... or was it?

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    4 years ago

I usually take the cat out before the spin cycle. Those spin cycle are hard on them, unless they are able to outrun it like a horizontal gerbil wheel.

I love these old threads.

• toxcrusadr
    4 years ago

Horizontal Gerbil Wheel is a great name for an album by a 60s psychedelic garage band.