Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zenstella

Towel Pig

zenstella
13 years ago

This damn pig deserves his own dedicated thread.

I have been trolling these boards for MONTHS now admist our kitchen renovation...and it would figure the time I finally decide to delurk, its because of a friggin PIG figurine.

I am obsessed.

I am a researcher, in my work.

And I am completely stumped. Can NOT FIND THIS PIG!!!! Ack.

Robyn. Please. For the love. I need to know:

Does your pig have ANY markings (manufacturer)?

How big is he (measurements please!)?

Is he heavy?

Any clue what he is made of (cast iron, resin, etc)?

How much did you pay for him at TJMaxx??

I don't think anything else will do now that I have seen this thing.

I have total pig envy. Someone help!

The closest I am getting to the look of this guy are the Flying Pig statues. But I don't want wings. And they arent' nearly as cute. :-( I have even considered looking for a similar cow or turtle. But no.

Need. That. TOWEL PIG!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Most Wanted Pig On The Web

Comments (189)

• nursetammi
    13 years ago

OK Bayareafrancy, that was really cute. I'm thinking you could rent your kid out to all of us until we find another PIG. He is adorable. He's much cuter than my banana stand....but I will tell you the banana stand is working out very nicely. Towel gets to dry and not touch the counter, and its always in it's place. You can even dry your hands without taking it off the stand, kind of like a towel ring.

But I have to admit, I'm always looking for my towel because I keep forgetting it's on the banana stand. Silly me!

• dutty
    13 years ago

This is ridiculous! I just spent a good hour looking for that pig... as soon as I saw it, something came over me and I HAD TO HAVE THE PIG. I don't have time to find the darn pig but yet I've been looking for an hour. The Towel Pig must have magic in it or something because it has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I'm joining in the search.

• morgne
    13 years ago

• bayareafrancy
    13 years ago

Morgne: LOL!!!!!!! I swear you could probably sell those on this forum!

Re: the magic of TowelPig
    I don't need a pig. Never have. Never will. I saw TP during the original threads several years ago. I came on here this week and saw this thread. It couldn't be, thought I. After all these years?? I had to look. I got sucked in.

TowelPig cast his porcine spell on me.

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Francy--LOL!

My kids are too big to be TowelKid. Shoot.

I am now chasing the kitties.

I have no life.

*snort*

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

Not a follower of pigs or religion and yet, here I am...having spent many hours Googling bizarre swine terms for the elusive critter and shouting out an amen to clergychick for a fabulous requiem for our dearly departed.

...and now Percy is on back order...surely there are spies here cashing in on the downtrodden!!!

• doggonegardener
    13 years ago

LOVE the requiem for a Towel Pig. He will be missed. I think we should have a moment of silence. He was so adorable. Someday, someone will find him on a sale rack in the back of a kitchen or garden store and he will be redeemed.

• chocolatetruffle
    13 years ago

Bumping out of respect for The Towel Pig. He'll always be on page number one with me.

• qmarker
    13 years ago

I think he/she is this one at Amazon. The trick is to search for pig with head up. Good luck !!

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon.com

• grlwprls
    13 years ago

And qmarker's offering "looks like brass" but is "less expensive than brass"! :-)

• shelayne
    13 years ago

He looks similar, but I'm not quite feeling the Towel Pig vibe. Maybe it's the color and angle?

But if this will do for, THERE IS ONLY ONE LEFT!

HURRY!!!!

• User
    8 years ago

Well I guess this is one thread I won't unsubscribe from. I remember this so well- and this definitely brought a smile to my face. (and what else have I got to do today with the blizzarding?)

• cpartist
    8 years ago

That's him!!!

• pupwhipped
    8 years ago

Hmmm, think I will have breakfast at Cracker Barrel tomorrow.....just got a craving for some bacon. Ha!

• shelayne
    8 years ago

Wuh oh.... here we go again! :D

• clergychick
    8 years ago

I'm back on the Kitchen Forum for five minutes and the blasted Towel Pig is back on page one!!! I LOVE it!

• irmaly
    8 years ago

OMG. Is that T.H.E. Pig? It looks like T.H.E. Pig. It's just gotta be T.H.E. Pig!

• shelayne
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

it does look like him, only he is painted black and is cast iron. How big was THE Towel Pig, do we know? This one has dimensions of 7.5 X 3.75 X 5.6. I don't want to get taken in by an imposter. ;)

Clergychick! Good to "see" you! :)

• Jodi_SoCal
    8 years ago

I loved seeing the Towel Pig post come back. Such fun!

• clergychick
    8 years ago

Looking back in the thread, there is a pic of the OTP, and I'd guess he's at least 12", Shelayne (Hi Shelayne! Good to see you too! I think I owe you many many compliments on your beautiful kitchen!)

• shelayne
    8 years ago

Just what I figured... an imposter. ;) Those dimensions do seem small to keep even a folded towel off the countertop. A dishrag or washcloth, maybe. Hey, is anybody looking for "Dishrag Pig"? Hee Hee!

(Aww, thank you, Amy. You are too kind!)

• Jancy
    8 years ago

I found a small one that holds a microfiber cloth! He's cute

• clergychick
    8 years ago

Holy moly! That pig costs $111.99! I'll hold your towel for half that! ;)

Also, is resin a metal? It is described as "solid metal" but the material is "resin".

Alas...the search continues...

• Brenda Hagel
    7 years ago

Holy Hannah. I was doing a search on how to store dish cloths, and this has got to be the funniest thread ever! :D

• MizLizzie
    7 years ago

Towel pig! I have been waiting and waiting for someone to resurrect this thread. I have a new candidate! Palmer the Pig from Grandin Road.

• Brenda Hagel
    7 years ago

Aww, he's pretty cute lol

• cece673
    7 years ago

Has anyone ever brought up the Areaware Pig? She's technically a piggy-bank but I just bought one off of ebay and intend to use her as a towel pig. :)

• kiwi_bird
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Get thee to Home Goods!

I'll put it on hold under "GW"in case anyone wants it.

• kiwi_bird
    7 years ago

Ps I love the idea of a hedgehog!

• CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
    7 years ago

ROTFL!
    I haven't read through this thread since its inception.
    I haven't laughed really, out loud, in a long while.
    The off spring. The Rottie Rape, the child punishment. Oh, my I laughed.

Now I'm going to bed with a smile on my face.

• clergychick
    6 years ago

So I'm scrolling through Facebook this morning and come across this. Obviously this is not a cat being a superhero -- I've never owned a cat, but from what I hear they are not the type to be superheroes -- it's a Towel Cat. Fess up, TKOs -- who did this to their cat?

• kiwi_bird
    6 years ago

Ha! That's priceless. Towel Cat to the rescue!

• pravemarlee
    6 years ago

Perhaps the towel pigs live across the pond.
    Could it be?

• shelayne
    6 years ago

LOL, Amy! That kitty doesn't look very happy with the duty he has been assigned. Hahahaha! Honest, it wasn't me. I tried to put a little Halloween costume on one of my kitties once, and let's just say it didn't go well. :P

Oh my goodness, pravemarlee, you may have found him! Oh, Towel Pig.... Could this be true? The dimensions even work! Great job, Scooby!! ;)

• clergychick
    6 years ago

pravelmarlee, THAT IS HIM!!! Wow! Towel Pig LIVES! and he's in the UK!

• Olivia Bucks
    6 years ago
    Hilarious. I am looking for towel solutions... thanks for the inspiration! I will be hunting for the perfect towel animal!
  • User
    6 years ago

I would say this thread has to be a contender for one of the VERY best threads, and certainly longevity winning!! love it.

• MizLizzie
    6 years ago

A while back, I started a “Towel Pig - The Saga Continues” thread just to introduce Pierre the Pig from Ballard. He’s cute.

• KD
    6 years ago

I kind of want a towel pig now...

• sunfeather
    5 years ago

I'm in search of something to hold hand towels in bath. This is inspiring.

• Jodi_SoCal
    4 years ago

I think I found the Towel Pig on Etsy!

Jodi

• schoolhouse_gwagain
    4 years ago

!!!!!!!!!! Jodi - by gosh I think she's got it!

• cat_mom
    4 years ago

😃🐷

• eld6161
    4 years ago

Yes that is very close!

• shelayne
    4 years ago

YESSSSSS! TOWEL PIG!!