Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Derelict Garage..Crosspost from GardenForums

Posted by moccasinlanding (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 9, 10 at 13:54

Ok, Jey_L, here is the crosspost from the Greenhouses and Garden Structures forum re my derelict garage. Maybe we can continue this discussion here instead of there.

If that is okay with the rest of you guys? I feel more at home among like spirits here.

Here is a link that might be useful: DerelictGarage into Greenhouse/Shed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Derelict Garage..Crosspost from GardenForums

Moccasin- Don't you dare tear down that building! I'm glad you're not listening to those negative Ned's LOL. That is a beautiful building and I'm sure you'll find a way to make it into a wonderful greenhouse :)

Sorry, I don't have much in the idea of how to put on a roof, but I like your initial idea about making it something that would bring in the sun. How much slope do you need? Just enough for rain to run off? Here, we have high slopes, because of all the snow, but I'll bet you'd have a lot more options.

o

I do not have any ideas I just know there has to be a way to do something wonderful with your garage. What a great space to work with. I know you will come up with something.

Chris

o

The greenhouse forum is very complex. I wish they just had a separate shed forum. When I put my second shed in I wanted a greenhouse, always have. But after reading about all the necessities of doing it right, the concept became too large for me to consider and take care of.

My neighbor bought a greenhouse and have to admit that everything on the forum they discuss regarding greenhouses is certainly right. It is science of it's own. Neighbor either had frozen or fried plants, she really didn't have a clue what was needed.

That said, I agree. Do not tear the garage down. Jey has made some great suggestions. And what you have done now is creative and the type of lifestyle many of us have here. Not all, but I think we honor all available in our small surroundings. Sometimes others do not understme of the Link:

A copy of further followups will be emailed to this poster.

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum