Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kashmir White - quartzite or granite?

Posted by aimskitchen (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 13:51

Is Kashmir white a quartzite, or a granite? If we go with a granite (still trying to decide), I need a bulletproof stone that's not prone to staining, so have ruled out the gorgeous Super White quartzite I originally fell in love with. Does anyone know where Kashmir White stands?
Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kashmir White - quartzite or granite?

I believe it's granite, and I've heard that it's fussier than most as many "white" granites tend to be. Have you investigated white/light quartz?

o

I have been looking at the lighter quartz and there are some I really liked. I did hear that some of them are way backlogged, looking at something like April for delivery, and that won't work for me. I need to ask around locally to find out what's the norm with quartz and the waiting period. I'd also be interested in other light or gray granites that would be durable. Thanks!

o

It's granite, without a doubt.

Suzanne - what have you heard about its fussiness? My Mom just decided on Kashmir White today for her kitchen, so I'd be keen to know if there are issues with it.

thanks!
Karin

o

My Mom just decided on Kashmir White, too :)

I have a friend who's had it for about 3 years. She has 3 young boys and they've had no staining.

Here are a couple of GW threads on it:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg021837581106.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0718581422311.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here