Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Redoing patio furniture

Posted by pamelad1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 26, 08 at 12:29

I have a great set of patio furniture that I bought at Walmart several years ago. The fabric has started to tear and the seat padding has gone flat. I would love to recover them, but I am unsure of what type of padding and fabric to use. The set sits under a covered porch, but they are used daily. Any ideas or suggestions?

There is a picture in the gallery of what the set looked like new.

Thanks,
Pam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Redoing patio furniture

Hopefully this will link to the picture in the gallery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Patio Furniture

o

Cushions are on sale now at all the major stores: Target, WalMart, Pier One, Fleet Farm....Usually they go on sale after the fourth of July but I've been seeing sales everywhere. Going to pick some up myself!

o

Joann's and other fabric stores have indoor/outdoor fabric that does now mold or mildew. I found some for about $9/yd on sale at a local fabric store. You can find foam at Joann's too. Then you need to wrap the foam with bonded batting. If you don't use bonded batting, the batting will shift around. I found batting at a local upholstery shop. It was about $2/yd cheaper than at a fabric store. Hope this helps.

o

hi, if anyone lives near ft. wayne in. there is a place called aldens near the baer field airport that makes outdoor cushions for brands like martha stewart,lowes,etc. they have a great sale every year that is going on now mon-thurs. until the 20th.2 piece chair cushions start at$3.00 and chaise loungeat $5.00dj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here