Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyndalu_gw

Another pot

lyndalu
16 years ago

Just finished another terracotta pot - same dishes I used on the last one (the Lynn's Savannah), different design. I so love these colors, and feel so lucky in finding a whole set of them at a good price.

Comments (27)

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Those dishes are so Nice! Great looking pot!!

Maria

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

Very nice. What did you use to grout? Looks like terracotta!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Another masterpc!

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Another fantastic pot! Sure love those dishes.

Barb

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Very nice. I envy you your terra cotta. EVERYTHING I've ever received or done on terra cotta has disintegrated.

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

Wow, I never knew using dishes for mosiac would look like that. Really beautiful. I have done a ton of pots using pottery from italian ware that I bought from a company. Never looked that good. Really, I'm totally not going to show any of you my shard pots!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Da-haanngg!!!
    Yep, I remember now. You are the QUEEN of the plate nippers.
    That is just so incredible to me. Great job!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

WHEW! another total BEAUTY Lyndalu! wow, that's so beautiful - Bama is right you are the Queen of plates! LOL

• shellybelly26
    16 years ago

great job those colors just seem to pop out at you

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Beautiful pot Linda!Sure it looks great with the last one ...You have a great sense of design!

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

That did turn out awesome. Your grout color matches so well I had to look to make sure you had even grouted it yet!!!

• squirrellycanadian
    16 years ago

I love your pots!! I also wondered about the grout color, you did such a nice job on grouting, it all blends together with the pot and doesn't even look grouted, BEAUTIFUL!!

• klinger
    16 years ago

Very nice, gosh you sure did a neat job lining all those pieces up, they look so tidy.I also love those colors,
    Cindy

• lyndalu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all for your very kind comments.

ronnie, chickee, squirrelly......yes, I did use terracotta colored grout. Glad to hear that you think it blends well with the pot - cause that was definitely what I was trying for. :)

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

Lyndalu, your pot is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your mosaic work. The colors are great! I like the terra cotta colored grout, it really enhances your plates.

• texaswild
    16 years ago

LYNDALU: I can't believe how precise and neat your work is. You REALLY know how to put colors together - LOVE the contrast. Just BEAUTIFUL.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Hey, Lyndalu... can you show us both pots side by side?

• lyndalu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sure! Here's both pots side by side. And I'm working on a third pot!

I'm also including the link to my album...if you have a minute and like cats - I just uploaded my fav pictures of my "babies"...see the sub-album "Sidney and Sophie". These pictures were all taken when they were "little" and we were still living in California. They are all taken in the back yard - I miss the gardening there - it was sooo much easier to grow things...just about anything would grow.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lyndalu's album

• lyndalu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oh, and I forgot to say, Debbi, Slow....thank you so very much for the very generous compliments. It means a lot to me.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Oh, Those pots are gorgeousriffic. (I just made that up)
    The pictures of your cats are beautiful. Looks like you had a wonderful garden there.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Oh they look fabulous together! That's the kind of design I like when thing share the tones and similar styles but are not the same. Very nice

• flagtruck
    16 years ago

Those pots are awesome! Such beautiful and precise work. I have a lot of plates to get cut up. I hope I can do it as well as you? Do you use a saw and nippers or just nippers? I can't seem to get a lot of tiles out of plates when I saw cut. What's the secret ? Will you share Such beautiful objects. I'm speechless.

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

I LOVE YOUR POTS! Beautiful work!!! Just love all of them!

• kelly6780
    16 years ago

Linda- Those pots look terrific next to each other (or by themselves) you are very talented! Are you going to keep going and have an entire line of these pots? You could call them, "Linda's Luxeries" What do ya think?

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

I'm partial to Sidney, yellow tomcats are my weakness. I grew up with a big guy I dubbed Rubert, now I have Butterscotch - better known as Butthead! Nothing better than watching a cat play jungle in the garden!

• lyndalu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments. You make my day!!

kelly....thanks so much for the very nice compliment. yes, I am making more of these pots. I just grouted a 3rd one tonight. I think I'd like to make 2 or 3 more. I love the name you came up with....I had actually thought about referring to them as the "Savanna Collection" (Savanna is the name of the plates)...but I thought it might sound pretentious?? :) I do think it's fun when people name their projects, tho.

flag....thank you! And it's so good to see you posting again! I just use regular nippers. I did start using my wheeled nippers (mine aren't Leps) just recently and like them on some things, and not on others, and when it comes to shaping a piece, I always go back to my regular nippers. As to what works best for me when nipping plates - I'm including the link to another thread....where I answered a similar question, and provide a link to a website that has some great directions, too (the info is about halfway through the thread). I hope this will help...if you start your project and have any questions, just give a yell - either by a post or an email! Glad to help if I can!

Here is a link that might be useful: more plate nipping info

• flagtruck
    16 years ago

Thank you soooo much. That will help me a lot. I have tons of plates to get in shape for my wall. Your pots are beautiful and so neatly cut. I will practice, I hope I can do as well. Thanks again.

Sponsored