Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Your favorite burger recipe.......

Posted by msprettyky (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 07 at 12:37

I love burgers! I use different kinds of meats like ground pork, lamb and chicken. I try to experiement with different toppings and spices. I am always on the lookout for different ideas, so I thought I would ask....What's your favorite burger recipe?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Your favorite burger recipe.......

Recipe for a burger?
Buy ground chuck...make into a patty...grill to medium, plop into a bun with your choice of toppings and eat.
But...I do make a mean blue burger.
2 oz Maytag blue cheese
1 tsp worchestershire
1/4 tsp garlic powder ( NOT garlic salt!!)
Mash together.
Make 8 very thin meat patties out of 1 1/2 pounds of ground chuck. place 1/4 of the blue cheese mix on one patty, top with another, seal the edges and repeat with the rest of the meat patties.
Place on a cookie sheet and tent with waxed paper and refrigerate for an hour or up to 4 hours.
Grill and place in a seeded bun and serve with the following topping
1/2 cup finely chopped Kosher garlic dill pickle
1/2 cup sweet yellow onion, chopped...
Mix and serve with burgers.
Linda C

o

I'm sure there will be lots of neat burger ideas posted and I look forward to them all...love a good burger!

FYI, here is a recent thread from the CF on burgers. It was fun and had lots of great burger ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Burgers on parade!

o

Best I've ever made were two thinner patties with your choice of cheese in the center (Pepper Jack is good), press the patties together & wrap the whole thing with a piece of bacon secured with toothpicks to make it like a filet mignon & cook over charcoal. You can season the meat as you like with garlic, salt & pepper or if you use a milder cheese, mix a bit of hot sauce in the meat or sambal oelek if you have it.

Some sauteed onions in the middle with the cheese is also good. You might get some ideas too from the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamburger recipes

o

We have a new restaurant called Baha Burgers!

Favorite there is Angus burgers with a hint of tobasco and grilled pineapple on onion buns.

OUTSTANDING!

Last week had their grilled pork tenderloin burger with lime aloi and provolone cheese.

o
meant.

Meant lime aioli

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here