Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone heard of Marbelite Pool Plaster

Posted by helou (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 19:39

Does anyone have this, or know anything about it? We're going to replaster our pool and using some people on a friend's recommendation. It seems like they they did a very good job with the tiles and the coping, but they used something called marbelite on the plaster - I'm not even sure if that's a brand name, or the style of the finish which is meant to look like marble.

I went to see my friend's pool and I found the "marble look" quite unatractive. It's not just that it's random and not uniform (as marble would be) but it doesn't look like marble at all - it looks like someone spilled paint or something here and there with no thought of how it will look.

Now I'm nervous about using these guys at all, even though the rest of the job looks good.
Any thoughts or experience to share?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone heard of Marbelite Pool Plaster

I am wondering if you are referring to Marbletite pool plaster. I believe this is a florida based company. We have the beach series Antigua and love it. Our pool builder here in Jacksonville uses it and we have seen about 6 pools that he did with this particular plaster. They make many types and colors. Our pool look is not uniform because the wife wanted it so as it gives it character. To make it look more uniform you just have to acid wash more and the pebbles will come out more uniform. No big deal because as the pool ages more pebbles will start showing giving it a more uniform look. Look at http://www.premixmarbletite.com/index.html
Hope this helps

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pool build in Jacksonville, Fl

o
RE: Anyone heard of Marbelite Pool Plaster

Your pool is really beautiful. I've been looking into it and I think your "Marbelite" is not what my friend has. He's using "Marbelite" as a generic term for 2 colors of plaster used to create a marbled effect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here