Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cover Pricing - Help.

Posted by nypoolnovice (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 16:21

We have a free-form, about 700 SF, with an 8' spa.

I got a price for a Loop-Loc cover from an online dealer, about $3,400 for the solid cover, delivered, no installation.

Can anyone offer any info that might help me determine if this is a decent deal? I wasn't expecting it to cost this much, but I can't really say what I'm basing my expectations on.

Any decent alternatives that might save me some money?

Here's a link to our pool.

TIA

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Pool

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cover Pricing - Help.

You have a raised spa and need anchor in pipe and UndrCovr padding. I would add 2' long #5 rebar in the main anchor in pipe assemblies too.

That pool, as far as the cover makers pricing is concerned, is longest length + 30" x widest + 30". The additional 30" accounts for overlap. Also add in treatments and anti-wear padding.

Your link was very helpful.It told me you will need the pipes, rebar, and raised spa treatments, and your planned travertine deck will REQUIRE core drilling. Hammer drills will chip and crack the tiles.

This is NOT a DIY job. The net is great for the DIYer. A cover like this needs a VAR, Value Added Reseller that knows what to do, has done them before, and will be there for you should it need attention. Try getting on site support from the online dealer.

How costly a mistake would a miss measurement be? It's relatively easy to screw it up.

Scott

o
RE: Cover Pricing - Help.

There are several brands of safety covers and several that are cheaper and rated just as well as loop loc. I found the best price on safety covers at poolsupplyworld.com. If you definately have to have loop loc look at poolwarehouse.com.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here