Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vintage 1960's ceramic tile

Posted by skippy05 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 29, 08 at 19:06

Anyone know where you can purchase these old tiles????????
I cannot redo the entire bathroom & at the top corner of the shower, 2 tiles & the trim cracked off.......
Have not been able to find these tiles.

I live in Philly.

Thank you soooo much!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vintage 1960's ceramic tile

I would try architectural salvage places or a Habitat Restore in your area. They have an amazing lot of old house stuff. Maybe, if you could post a picture, someone here could come up with a more specific source for you. Good luck with it.

o

Yes, please. I live in the what was called the old "pottery capital of the world" We had several tile manufacturers here, and you see old ones often.

o

I do not have a picture, sorry.
The best I can explain is the typical 1950 -1960's tile
bathroom. 4 x 4 ceramic tiles on the walls.
Anyway, my boyfriend found a place in South Philly that will order them! He said they sell them by the square foot, $1.75 for @9 tiles!
If anyone needs the name of the place & info let me know.

THANKS

o

there's also Material Culture, who specialize in architectural salvage.

o

Does anyone have an idea where I can get these vintage tiles. My bathroom is from the 1960s and I have yellow 4x4 tiles. Some are cracked and need around 10 replacement tiles.

Please let me know
Brigitte

P.S.: I am Toronto Canada so getting something send from the states is no problem

o

Check out Daltile but go in the website through Architects and Designers heading and look at ceramic countertop and walltile.

o

elektromaus, check out the link below from the bathrooms forum. sjharris just tore out yellow tile. If it is like yours, maybe you could respond to her remodel post over on the bathrooms side and see if she has any of the old tile... It's a long shot because she seemed glad to be rid of it, but you never know...

Here is a link that might be useful: 50's bath redo post

o

Here's another place that sells tiles in original 50s colors. I believe they also match colors if you need that.

Here is a link that might be useful: BW Tile

o

Try daltile or B&W tile

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here