Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Options Adding Recessed Lighting

Posted by atct86 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 11:20

I am looking to install recessed lighting in two bedrooms of my house, in the existing drywall ceiling.

I know there has been alot of progress with LED lights, but are people installing special LED cans, or just putting LED bulbs into regular cants?

What are the best brands for existing ceiling installation?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Options Adding Recessed Lighting

The following link has the answers

Here is a link that might be useful: LED recessed lights guide

o

LED bulbs are energy-savers because I have that installed in my house as one of my preferred lighting facilities. But I have a friend who keeps on telling me that since the time he had started using solar panels he had experienced a remarkable decrease of energy bills. He is recommending me this site if i want to try some solar products available.
http://www.ankaka.com/Wholesale-solar-products_c10031.

I did not take heed of him sayng that to me but I guess if my increasing electric bill would persist, I might try one.

o

"I know there has been alot of progress with LED lights, but are people installing special LED cans, or just putting LED bulbs into regular cants?"

Both ways.

If you have cans already installed, see if retrofit kits will fit.

If you're putting in the cans, just get regular cans and the LED kits. Unless you're in California then install Title 24 compliant fixtures that have a connector just for energy efficient lights. You can do this elsewhere too it's just more expensive.

o

I would recommend LED bulbs.
Florescent light bulbs cost money and electricity much more than leds.

So now i swictched to led bulbs .And they save my bill up to 80%!!!

By the way,there are many kinds of base(e27/gu10/mr16) of led bulbs just choose one suits yours.
I brought from Amazon: LOHAS-LED

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isC BA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A2X4NE86JUW3T

Hope this helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here