Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

Should I use 2700k or 3000k for cream open display cabinets?

texasgal47
9 years ago

My interior designer recommends 2700k (for softer look), and the lighting consultant for the lighting store recommends 3000k (for truer color rendering). The cabinets are already "yellowed down" quite a bit (Kraft Maid Biscotti with Cocoa glaze). The stone on the top of the base cabinets is the same color. Display items will be primarily white. LED tape will go up the interior front corner as wood shelving will remain. I think I could live with either one. My gut feel tells me 2700k as I want this display to "go with the flow of the room" rather than jump out slightly as more of a highlight, if this makes sense. For example, I used 3000k with an oil painting in the family room and also for a glass display cabinet in the kitchen where these displays/art are meant to be the focal point in their respective rooms. I think that slightly whiter light given an added punch. Otherwise, 2700k is used in these rooms. Anyway, it's a very confusing business. Any thoughts or advice?
One other question, how should the tape be positioned in the corner. It can be installed on the cabinet side wall at the very front (light going toward the middle), on the inside of the front trim going up the sides (facing toward the back), of mounted on narrow batton moulding angled at a 45 degree angle? Cabinets are 12" deep and 30" wide. Thanks ever so much, and please forgive me if this is too much detail.

Comments (4)