Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Seagull LED lights 2700 or 3000 k temp???

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

I have to decide tonight!!!

They showed me 2700 and 3000 although the 2700 was actually halogen but they said it would be the same temperature. �I preferred the warmth of the 2700 but the salesman said 3000 is better for task lighting in kitchen.

Thoughts?

He also said you can do 2700 in the glass uppers and do 3000 for task UCL but to me that wouldn't seem to work well together.

If we do LED in the recessed lights should that temperature match as well?

We are doing light yellow lower cabs with creamy white upper cabs and am trying to see what will work best. �White marble countertops.

Those of u with LED what temp do u prefer?

Comments (9)

• willtv
    11 years ago

Here's a shot of our kitchen.

The recessed cans are MR16 50W Halogen.
    They have a color temperature of about 3000 degrees.
    The undercab lights are LED and have a color temp of about 6500 degrees which is why they appear to be much more blue.
    Probably too blue for most.
    We like the look of the higher color temp with our cabs, backsplash and countertop.
    It also feels like the light is much brighter.
    Just as a point of reference, incandescent lamps have a color temp of about 2600K.
    Halogen is about 3000K
    The difference of a few hundred degrees of color temp won't be all that noticable unless the lamps are next to each other.
    I would, though, consider what effect the 2700K lamps will have on your white marble countertops.

• camphappy
    11 years ago

I have 2700 LED's throughout my home. I prefer the warmer color but if I had the 3000 not sure how much I would notice the difference.
    HD has good pricing on Ecosmart LED's that are made by Cree. When I looked at Cree lights at a lighting store they were more than twice the price.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much-- very helpful!

willtv- What do you mean about "I would, though, consider what effect the 2700K lamps will have on your white marble countertops".

I don't know enough about lighting to draw a conclusion here : )

ps- my cab guy is going to do my upper corner like yours! Thanks!

• willtv
    11 years ago

What I mean is that 2700K lights are somewhat yellow when compared to 6500K light which are very blue.
    If your countertops are dark, like mine, it doesn't make too much of a difference.
    But your countertops are white which will make the color temp more noticeable.
    I'm glad the cab thing worked out.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So you think the 3000 may look better with the white countertops?

• willtv
    11 years ago

I think so, but everyones' color perception is different.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Fishies- the 2700 look very similar to traditional lights. I wanted 2700 but DH said light should be white and not yellow.
    So we have 3000 led ights for uc and cans but traditional decorative lights.
    All are on dimmers.
    If you have any cans in your current kitchen, might want to plop in 2700 and 3000 to see the look.
    3000 take some getting used to but liking them.
    I think I would definitely go with the 3000 for uc but since you like yellow hard to say for the rest of the kitchen

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks-
    Maybe being we have a lot of yellow in the kitchen the 2700 lights would be overkill. Perhaps the 3000 would balance that out and make our contrasting whites (upper cabs and countertop) look better.

• enduring
    11 years ago

Have you posted this on the lighting forum? Or done a search there?

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz