Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelina_gw

Oasis Dryer model # 67082 ( flashing repair code)

angelina
18 years ago

I have had two Oasis dryers in the past month and a half. Both of them have flashed the same error code F45. The dryer will start working again after it is turned off and restarted, however for its hefty price tag it should not have error/repair codes so soon. I called the 800 service line and even the Sears technical dept. does not know what the code is. I was told today that they have not yet been given that information from the manufacturer. Great ..I just love that. I am thinking about returning it and getting a cheaper dryer. Any suggestions??

So far so good with the Oasis washer ( 27082). I hope I did not just jinx myself.

Anyone else have any problems with the dryer so far??

Comments (75)

• plumorchard
    18 years ago

Dryer #3 flashed F45 yesterday (Sat). It was installed 6 days ago - Sun.

Yes, we had service come out and they said the blower motor controller needed to be replaced. Followed by "something is triggering this thing to go off". At his suggestion, the unit was swapped out. He said "you spent too much money to have this serviced already, I would have them send a new machine".

So now we are facing our 3rd faulty dryer since late March.

Don't think we should just hit the reset button and live with it since it costs so much. Plus, without really knowing what F45 means....

• justtraci
    18 years ago

Good evening all. I just wanted to add myself as another problem Oasis owner. I also am experiencing the F43 and F45 codes. Our second set was delivered on Wednesday and they're acting up again. Something I would be curious about... of those of you who have the dryer, do you have the washer and are you having problems with it as well? I'm about to check the forums for this next as my washer isn't problem-free either!!!

• yzfmik
    18 years ago

I used mine twice tonight, no probs. Are people having the codes with all 3 Oasis dryers or just the dual moter ones?

• plumorchard
    18 years ago

Mine is the dual motor...anyone else?

• mutta
    18 years ago

It seems a shame that Sears does not have an on line spot where they can catch all this infor and solve the problems instead of giving out new dryers. It may be as simple as some of the items above. All their techs should have a site to go see what is going on. Guess that would be to easy??? Yep, our top of the line Oasis dryer flashed the F45 twice now. Listen to you dryer when it is running, does it sound as if the drum is rolling right? Or do you hear a thump thump like a roller is bad(even when it is hot)? This one is suppose to have six rollers instead of four. I went to Sears.com and tried to look up the illustrations but they are too large to zero in on.
    Washer working great. That is it folks.

• justtraci
    18 years ago

Mine is the dual blower model. Mine has a whine when the second blower starts but I'm not having any thumping noise. I'm on my second set. Mutta - do you have/use the delay start option on your washer? Mine doesn't work.

• laundrytech
    18 years ago

f45 is motor control speed sensor error. it should be in the tech sheet located inside your dryer. What cycle are you running and what type of load: heavy, medium, light, what fabrics?

the tech should be able to access it. f43 is undervoltage warning. this error appears if the motor control detects a low voltage condition. The dryer will will continue to run at a set blower speed. Check voltage supply connection. The tech can also check your voltage in service diagnostic rountine which will be displayed in dual 7 -segment display.

• laundrytech
    18 years ago

F41, F42,F43,F44,F45,F46, and F47 are error codes for dual motor models only

• plumorchard
    18 years ago

F45 - No noises, it just stops. Cycle setting is "normal" (the default when you power on) and usually light - medium loads....you can power back on and then it will continue the new cycle.

Here is a fun one - Sears is now calling us for the part (for dryer #2) that the tech rep ordered. This was before the 3rd unit was ordered to swap out. Anyway, the part was never delivered, and we cancelled with service to let them know we were swapping out. Well, got two nasty messages yesterday from Sears to bring them their part. ??? I am becoming less and less impressed.....

• justtraci
    18 years ago

How long do you suppose it will be before we are notified of the class-action lawsuit on this dryer? This is ridiculous. I'm with all of you who have stated, "this is not what you expect from a $1000 dryer!"

• ayuppie
    18 years ago

For those of you who think of contacting Sears customer service about the problem, here is what to expect. My email:

"I recently purchased a Kenmore Oasis washer and dryer (26 67086). The dryer has displayed "Error Code F45" three times. When I called 8004myhome I was told that error code was not listed in the service technical data and that I should keep using the machine. After visiting a popular internet forum (see -http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/laundry/msg041300039680.html?35) it is obvious this is not just an isolated problem. I would like a straight answer regarding this problem and what Sears is going to do about it. Thanks."

Sear's response: "Thank you for contacting Sears.We regret that you are experiencing difficulty. There are a number of possible causes for the symptoms you describe. Repairclinic.com and applianceaid.com offer some excellent online troubleshooting guides at:
    http://www.repairclinic.com/0003.asp
    http://www.applianceaid.com/repair-help.html";

Don't bother with the two links. They have no information relating to the Oasis dryer or it's problem. I appreciate the posts here that provided the answer to the meaning of the F45 code. Sears certainly isn't any help.

• dross
    18 years ago

What? You have a new Kenmore appliance, you contacted them for help, and they referred you to external appliance repair web sites??
    yzfmik and hisalterego are always saying you should contact your salesperson in this kind of situation. So, I suggest you do that. Let us know whether that is at all useful. - DR

• mrb627
    18 years ago

I am sure that someone at Sears is aware of this problem. Sears is probably at the mercy of Whirlpool in waiting for a resolution. Please be patient. As it is an inconvenience, it really isn't a showstopper as the machine is still usable. It might help if everyone that was having this problem would begin to log the conditions in which it occurred. Like load size, cycle selected, approximate running time before the error occurred.

MRB

• plumorchard
    18 years ago

"It really isn't a showstopper" - true, but it isn't what I expect from a dryer that cost over $1000 either. Not once during the numerous calls to service, our salesman or his manager, has anyone acknowledged the problem with more than a hmmmmm - at the swap outs were at their suggestion. No one has said, "we are aware and waiting on Whirlpool" - we are considering a return and that puts us back in the shopping mode to try to figure out what to get again.

• ayuppie
    18 years ago

Patience is my not strong suit. However, I'm on the record with Sears about the problem and I have no desire to start trading dryers since it appears this is a production problem. Sooner or later they will come up with a fix. As long as the dryer doesn't Code any more frequently than it has so far it is not a big deal, just an irritant. Other than the coding problem, the dryer is pretty darn good.

• robnow100
    18 years ago

I bought the first Oasis combo in Ohio. Washer works perfect..BUT the dryer continually flashes F45. Does anyone know what the fix is? Hate to replace it...just got it. Help!

• craftmomnancy
    18 years ago

I had the F45 code for the first time today. I've had my set for about 5 weeks. It happened on normal medium size load. I'd guess about halfway through drying time since the clothes were at least halfway dry. I called Sears to have it put in my record. They offered for someone to come out but I figured since it was working they wouldn't do anything.

• ncgator
    18 years ago

Just wanted to add that I also received the F45 flashing code on my Oasis dryer just one week after it was delivered. Same deal: called service to get no help. Called Sears and they suggested I keep trying it. For the past week, it keeps flashing about 1/5 loads. I just turn off and back on and it finishes drying fine, but I agree with everyone else "JUST NOT WHAT YOU EXPECT FOR $1000 DRYER!". Am considering just trading in for HE4 model...please advise if anyone else has taken this route...thanks.

• plumorchard
    18 years ago

We started this whole process with the HE4s. Shook the house to no end and the washer walked around the room and blocked the door to the closet. We are on a second floor so traded for the Oasis. We are considering trading for the Fisher Paykel. Not sure what we will do....

• justtraci
    18 years ago

***NEWS***
    We were told today that Whirlpool has stated the F-errors are a software glich. Supposedly, they have reprogrammed the board and are trying something new. We'll be contacting a Whirlpool engineer who will be bringing a new board to try! I'm hopeful this will do it!!

• starcapn_2006
    18 years ago

F-43 and F-45 codes are due to a fault in the software. It only seems to be effecting the dual-motor version of the dryer. It seems to come up when opening the door during the damp dry cycle on any setting. The F-43 code is a low line voltage warning to the dryer, but running the self-diagnostics will show that the line voltage is actually in the normal range. The Whirlpool engineers are aware of this problem, it is a glitch in the software of the dryer. They are working on correcting this and hopefully will soon be getting the part out there for the techs to replace. Replacing boards now and swapping out dryers is not going to solve the problem. Please just be patient, if you are having the problem make a service call to Sears and let them know. Most likely they will only issue a recall notice if it is a safety issue which this is not.

• laundrytech
    17 years ago

Anyone have the new software yet? justtraci, have you contact the whirlpool engineer?

• plumorchard
    17 years ago

We received the new part that was ordered for dryer #2 - that was returned and service was cancelled. There was nothing in the box whatsoever to indicate what it was and the box was not from Sears but another company. Anyway, this is the part Sears called us 2 weeks ago and was very nasty about us returning it. This gets better and better! This wasn't a repair for the current machine. We did have both Sears folks telling us we were the only ones with any problems with the dryer.

If anyone returned the set, what did you get instead?

• uninhibitedlust_yahoo_com
    17 years ago

Okay, I ran across this message board today trying to investigate what the F-40 error message on my dryer means, and why I am getting it after 1/2 day of use. Now, I wish I had found it first I would have bought soomething else. Anyone know where to find a list of what the error codes mean?

• justtraci
    17 years ago

Sorry for no follow-up folks. Our six kids have us running absolutely NUTS right now. I believe the whirlpool service tech will be coming this week to load a new board with the new software. I promise I'll update as soon as I have more information!!

• laundrytech
    17 years ago

F40 is a error that appears between the machine control and the motor control when communication becomes lost. Check the connection between the two. The error codes whould be on the tech sheet beneath your console panel along with how to check for this error. Contact service they should be able to give you more information

• storall
    17 years ago

I'm in the process of receiving my FOURTH Oasis dryer. The first one had the F45 code that the tech guy didn't know what it was. I got the second one and after it was installed I lifted the manual the delivery guy put on top of dryer and there was silver dollar sized chip in the blue porcelan. They offered me a $200 gift certificate if I kept the damaged one. I said no and they sent me another one. It took the third one about a week before F45 started flashing. That same day the dryer timer stuck on 9 minutes and I didn't know it. It must of run like this for quite a while because when I opened the door the towels were almost too hot to touch. So the fourth Oasis dryer will be here in a couple days. In case you wanna complain at the top, here is the address for Sears CEO...
    Aylwin Lewis
    3333 Beverly Rd.
    Hofsman Estate, IL 60179
    I printed out all of the posts in the Oasis dryer model #67082 postings and will include those with a letter of complaint to him.

• plumorchard
    17 years ago

Storall - thanks for sending that on...I had been thinking the same thing! Great!
    We are on our third dryer and are going to try the replacement piece. Good luck - let us know.

• storall
    17 years ago

Sorry by last post gave the wrong name of the town to mail the CEO of Sears. It should be Hoffman Estates, IL.

• industrialcanine
    17 years ago

Fire up another F45 Code on a new drier as well as the forever running condition.

Tech was onsite for two hours, and the timer never crashed, regardless of cycle, drum light, etc.

He replaced a themosensor, for whatever reason, which of course has nothing to do with the above issues.

I'll just wait a year or so to get it swapped :) got to love that 5 y/r service contract.

• mbrush
    17 years ago

I've been following the postings on this site for several weeks and decided to jump in with my experience:

After months of research and shopping, two weeks ago we took delivery on the top-of-the-line Oasis washer (with glass lid) and the dual motor dryer. It replaces our 17 year-old Kenmore because we needed a larger capacity to wash the dirty uniforms, etc. our kids generate. The large capacity and high-efficiency technology were the main selling points.

We too have gotten the F-45 code--three times in two weeks. Each time, the dryer runs fine after canceling and restarting the cycle. On the phone, Sears advised unplugging and restarting, but since the plug is in such an awkward location, I haven't done that yet.

When the repairman came to deal with the washer (I'll post my experiences with that on the other thread currently dealing with the Oasis washer) he said they are aware of problems with sensors triggering the F-45 and other error codes. Sears and Whirlpool are working on a solution and he advised keeping track and contacting them if the dryer quits completely. He said they'd contact customers if a recall became necessary. But like many of you, I'll simply keep restarting and wait until the repair is available.

Apparently F-45 indicates a venting issue, and he ran a test which determined there was no restriction in airflow. So the issue was clearly not related to my vent, and I think he knew that before he ran the test. . .He said the code seems to be coming up when there is a miscommunication in the sensors. The test also showed F-43 held in the memory, but we haven't actually seen that code pop up.

The dryer dries a HUGE load very quickly and there are numerous settings for drying a variety of loads. When things are working correctly, I'm very happy. I've been able to condense two loads into one with this new set. That's a significant savings in time and energy--electrical and human.

The Oasis washer does twist clothes more than with my traditional washer so I have to shake out some items, particularly pant legs. Otherwise, they stay balled up in the dryer, creating wrinkles.

I'm willing to hang on to the dryer and hope the wrinkles (pun intended) in the computer shake out soon.

• dross
    17 years ago

the plug is in such an awkward location

The dryer probably has its own circuit breaker or fuse, you can just turn it on/off at the breaker box. (We do this with our old Gaggenau dishwasher that gets confused every so often and needs a reboot.) - DR

• mbrush
    17 years ago

Another, "Why didn't I think of that?" moment. Thanks!

• linkay42
    17 years ago

I have had my Oasis W&D and have had nothing but problems with the sensor..Replaced it.Took 3 weeks for the part as was on back order..Worked fine for 2 loads then stuck again at 29 minutes for over an hour with just light delicate clothes..Enough of the Oasis dryer for me..They are switching it out for the Maytag 9700..As I have the whole set on my back porch and it is a great dryer..Am keeping the Oasis washer though as the MT washer vibrates bad and that is why we put it on closed in porch..

• katabalu
    17 years ago

For those of you who are tired of waiting on the software fix, you might look at the Oasis flatback dryer, one motor, model 6703/6704, mine has worked fine since March 06. It did have an initial minor front panel rattling which was easily stopped. Lisa

• dwillemarck_manhard_com
    17 years ago

We're on our third dryer, just started receiving the F45 errors again, two in one day.

Also, we're getting a SD error on the washer, techs looking at it now and doesnt know what to do. The SD is a "suds detected", your supposed to run the rinse thru it to flush the lines. Didnt work. With the SD error the washer wont spin the cloths, we have to wring them out by hand and it takes an hour and a half to dry them.

This is really getting frustrating.

• storall
    17 years ago

Whirlpool will be coming out with their version of the Oasis washer and dryer. It is called the Cabrio. Should be out by July or August. I'll bet a dollar to a dime that all of these software/sensor problems occuring on the Oasis will not occur on the Whirlpool set. I'd say the folks at Whirpool certainly aren't sitting on their bottoms not noticing what is occuring with the Oasis set. We like the Oasis set and concept. We've had no trouble with the washer. But we have had problems with the dryer (see my earlier posts). I have sent a letter and a print out of all of the posts in this forum to the CEO of Sears and their National Customer Relations Dept. We will see how they respond. At this point I'm just going to wait till the Cabrio set comes out and take it from there. The Cabrio dryer has the let screen on the top of the dryer (for whatever that piece of information is worth).

• laundrytech
    17 years ago

F45 will not be solved by swapping units at Sears. Have the service tech replace the main control board (ccu), not the motor control board (mcu). Also if venting is clean, have the service tech check the exhaust on the blower, cause it could be blocked. this is a blower motor error, it may not be the venting from the back of the unit or the house.

• justtraci
    17 years ago

***UPDATE***
    Sorry for the late report - here's the scoop. THREE weeks ago, a whirlpool tech came to our residence and replaced my dryer board with a new one. I haven't had another error!!! I was told that there is no problem with the dryer itself, only the software in the board. For those of you still battling with the errors - demand a newly programmed board because they HAVE fixed the problem!!! Good luck to all! Traci

• uncle_phil
    17 years ago

I just received my first F45 code tonight (6/29/06). I purchased my gas dryer (77092) back in April. I called Sears to schedule a tech, and thanks to laundrytech, I asked for a new ccu board. The Sears person indicated that I was the 4th person tonight to request one. I hope that the new board (with a new level of firmware) fixes the problem!

• bighoof
    17 years ago

I have the 032 model W & D, since March and not have had any problems, except I have notice the same thing happening as storall stated. That the time seems to get stuck, happen to go inthe laundry room it would say 9 minutes left, go in again about a half an hour later and it still say it had 5 minutes left. The clothes would be way dry. Maybe a moisture sensor problem?

• mutta
    17 years ago

Hello justtraci-------can you please look at the repair sheet and post the part number for the new ccu board they put in your dryer? It would help the rest of us know that we were getting the correct board. Thank you!!!

• disappointedoasisown
    17 years ago

We have also had both the F45 and F43 codes. We have had problems with both the washer and dryer since the first week. :( I really love them, I just wish they would work right. For that amount of money, I expect them to run smoothly and not have so many problems. We were concerned enough to return them both, even though we had the protection plans, and purchase something with better reviews. I will really miss them, but not the problems that comes with them. When we went to pick out something else, we saw 5 used/returned Oasis dryers and washers on the floor. The service man told us to return them now while we still could. He said there were four sets back at the wharehouse that had been returned, and the service calls on them were non-stop. Very disappointing. :(

• johnbrush
    17 years ago

My new Oasis dryer also displays the dreaded F45 error code. But after two service calls I still have the problem. The first Service Tech knew of the problem and ordered the new-improved control board, but the Parts Department sent me the old board. The second Service Tech again ordered the new board, and hopefully the Parts Department won't screw up again. The part number for the new-improved control board is W10074280.

• f14tomcat
    17 years ago

We have had our Oasis dryer since earlier this spring as well. Last night we got an F44 error code - this is the second time we've gotten that. Does anybody know what this means, and will the new board fix this error as well?

Thanks,

-Greg

• ponyta6_gmail_com
    17 years ago

I just had the new Oasis washer and dryer (dual blower model) delivered to my house yesterday. The dryer showed error F44 right after the first load. Today I dried another load and saw the same error.

I didn't buy the extended warranty and am having second thoughts. This is rediculous that the manual says to call tech support if you get any errors and they have no idea what the error codes mean.

Does anyone know what F44 means?

• laundrytech
    17 years ago

Motor Control Failure - Check motor control board (MCU). Make sure all harness connections are good. If good harness connections are in place and error is still present, change motor control board. BTW this is the other control board (not the one replaced for the F45/F43). The motor control board is small. Located to the left of the Main Control Board (CCU).

Failure codes are located beneath your control panel. Loosen 3 screws in the rear (do not have to remove completely), push control panel forward (towards front of unit), and fold back. Voila! Tech Sheet w/Error Codes

• poor_oasis_owner
    17 years ago

For the people that have watched the technician replace the board to fix the F45 code; was the board on the top left or top right?

The board that was replaced on my Oasis dryer was on the top left and it was about 10 inches long by 6 inches tall. Our F45 code has re-turned. Please verify, thanks

• disappointed
    17 years ago

My Oasis dryer started with the dreaded F45 code after I had it a month. Only occasionally it would stop and flash the code. I'd restart it and it would be OK. Worse than that it began running on without stopping until you turned it off and so you had to watch it very carefully so as not to fry your clothes. The absolute worst thing about the experience was (a) actually getting a Sears technician to my door and (b) the fact that they knew nothing at all about the Oasis machines. When they couldn't fix the machine we replaced it with another that did the same thing. Eventually one of the many techs, after replacing the timer twice and eventually the main control board, blew the whole control panel. He said I might have ANOTHER 2 month wait for replacement parts. At this point I had my local Sears store replace it with an LG. I've kept my Oasis washer which has been terrific. The clothes do end up twisted but they're almost dry when they come out and so the drying cycle is short. I hope my story helps someone.

• poor_oasis_owner
    17 years ago

After replacing the MCU and CCU we have not had any problems with our dryer. (knock on wood)