Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So Calif KTers, where are you?

Posted by jodi_in_so_calif (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 14:22

I'm having a get-together for KTers at my home on Saturday, June 22nd. I started another post putting the idea out but haven't heard from too many KTers, especially locals.

Would love to meet as many as possible. Besides YogaLady and NaughtyKitty, who else might be interested/able to attend?

Don't be shy! It will be fun. I'll have a basket at the front door for everyone to leave their axes. :-)

Contact me via my GW page if you don't want to post here.

Jodi-

Here is a link that might be useful: Original post

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So Calif KTers, where are you?

I missed the original post, but I certainly would like to attend. I'm only 50 miles north -- I look forward to seeing you again and meeting other local folks.

Thanks for offering to host!

o

Cool - I didn't know you picked a date. So far, June 22 is doable.

I am in Mission Viejo :-)

NK/Meredith

o

I will be coming from Riverside;)

o

Good start! Any others?

Jodi-

o

For those who only check the KT occasionally, I'm bringing this back up.

Jodi-

o

Take lots of pictures! I'm assuming Steph will be there. Have a wonderful time!

o

Joni used to post at KTT but haven't seen her in ages ...and I know that Jehan passed away....maybe someone can check the old pictures and see who hasn't responded...

o

I didn't know Joni was still posting somewhere. Would love to see her again! I did know about Jehan though. :-(

I know there are more So Cal KTers but don't know why I'm not hearing from them. Just need to keep this post on the first page for those who don't check in every day.

Jodi-

o

I met with YogaLady1948 (AKA Jackie ... who by the way looks closer to 48 than someone born in '48!). We went over some food ideas and general brainstorming about the June 22nd KT get-together at my home in Southern California (Irvine). I took two photos of us using my timer and both were horribly blurry. :-(

Now that we are into May, can I get a show of hands of who is thinking of attending?

It will start around 10am on Saturday, June 22nd and go until we drop. I have one guest room if someone needs a place to stay. If there is more than one person in need, I'll draw names.

So far, I have on my list

Me (Jodi) :-)
YogaLady1948 (Jackie)
Petaloid (Janene)
Marie_NDCal (Marie?)
NaughtyKitty (Meredith)

Anyone else??? I know there are more KTers in this area. The more, the merrier. Please don't be shy! Even if it's just a maybe. Contact me via my GW profile page if you don't want to post on here.

There is a great train station three miles from my home. The John Wayne airport is five miles. Disneyland is 15 miles if you need another reason to come out. And of course Los Angeles, San Diego, Palm Springs are all about an hour's drive from here.

Jodi-

o

I am , hopefully, going to visit my grandkids so I won't be able to make it.
Sounds like fun and am sorry I will miss it.

o

I am , hopefully, going to visit my grandkids so I won't be able to make it.
Sounds like fun and am sorry I will miss it.

o

Carol, please try to make it if for some reason the visit with your grandkids changes. We'd love to have you.

Jodi-

o

I noticed my name, and that is my fault. My sister in law lives near you and we did visit a year ago from North Dakota but cannot get their this year due to chemo treatments. I wish I could be there but 1500 miles is a bit too far to drive.
Mariend from ND

o

Wish I could come but we are 350 miles up the coast in Monterey County. Have fun, everyone!

o

Anyone else coming to our little gathering on June 22nd?

Jodi-

o

I wish I could be there......but being with Jake and Mio win....maybe next year?

o

Well darn Carol, I keep hoping you'll change your mind.

Next year is a possibility if I don't have a job.

Jodi-

o

I want to but I am leaving on the 19th for Florida. :(

o

Chi, darn, I kept hoping your business trip would get canceled.

Jodi-

o

Lisa, I got your email and put together a response and then noticed that at the bottom of the email it states:

(PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)

Please email me directly at jodinewell at gmail dot com. Of course you need to format the address with a real at sign and dot for it to work. :-)

Jodi-

o

Just a reminder, the So Calif. KT get-together is at my home in 11 days ... Saturday, June 22nd.

If you're going to join us, please send me a message via my profile page or at the address I wrote in the post above this one.

I promise, there will be no axe murderers there and if any do show up, I'll kindly ask them to put their axe in a basket before they come in. :-)

Jodi-

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here