Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your corner sinks, please!

Posted by tiskers (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 23, 08 at 14:01

The recent thread on the corner sink set back about 6" from the front got me thinking (and fretting a little!) ;o)

Our new kitchen design calls for a corner sink AND a corner cabinet above it. I am hoping the corner cabinet is not "in my way" while washing dishes or cleaning up.

In our design drawings, the sink looks nice and close to the edge of the granite. If our fabricators do anything funky there, I will not be happy!

Sooooooo -- tell me about your corner sinks. Do you love them? Hate them?! And what about cabinets above them -- any problems?

And oh yes, of course all photos WELCOME!

Thank you!

Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your corner sinks, please!

Lynn -- I have lived with a corner sink for 28 years and love it and no corner cabinet above. With the new kitchen that we are planning, I don't want a cabinet over the sink, but do want a "wow" factor.
I've seen a wonderful arrangement for a corner and am considering it--it's two shelves at 90 degree right angles and two sets of apothecary (3 on each side) drawers under the bottom shelf. This allows you to decorate with pretty pottery, or plants, teapots, etc. The little aporthecary drawers are very attractive, but not cheap. In not putting a cabinet above your sink, you also gain a nice amount of room behind your sink and don't have to worry about your faucet, soap dispenser, sprayer, etc.

o

I love my corner sink, and I have a cabinet over it as well, though it's not as long as the side cabinets. I don't have any "headroom" problems and love the long run from the sink to the range for prep work.

o

Thank you both for your replies!

I am very excited for our corner sink... the cabinet above it has already been ordered... a lovely mullioned glass-doored corner wall cabinet. There is another wall cabinet on each side. I think it will be beautiful. I HOPE SO, anyway!!!

o

Have you seen this thread? It discusses pros and cons. I really like my corner sink. I do have a cabinet above, which is not in my way at all. In fact, I really like the cabinet above my corner sink because it's extra deep because it is in the corner.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread about Sinks in Corner

o

AKChicago,
THANKS for the link! VERY helpful!
Wow, lots of beautiful corner sinks there. I love them!
Hopefully soon I will have my own beautiful corner sink to post there! ;o)
Lynn

o

I had a corner sink for years and loved it. I didn't have a cabinet but a window. I was thinking of doing a corner sink in my new kitchen but it would be in the peninsula and I chickened out. This is not my kitchen but a photo of a corner sink with a bit of character

sink in corner

o

Any more corner sink picts? I am in quite a dilema

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here