Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marg143

Sink color/style with white cabs/light counters - opinions please

marg143
9 years ago

Hi,

Thanks again to everyone for help over the months! I'm getting back to finalizing my finishes in the kitchen. I've read and heard so much good about silgranit sinks, and black (anthracite) seems to be the most problem-free.

How would that color look in this kitchen? The granite I've got a deposit on does have some black in it, but nothing else is black I think going with a neutral color would be harder to match with granite and tile - so I'm thinking, either anthracite or go with stainless.

I'm also considering chrome for the faucet, and possibly handles. What do you think?

Important to me are looks, and budget. SS Sink has the waterspot issue, thus the silgranit appeal. I can find a decent 18 gauge SS sink cheaper, though..

Here's the kitchen (there will be more lighting - undercab, and at least two recessed cans):

Here's the granite on hold (note: I'd love to find a little more cream- vs. gray- based but couldn't find after much looking. If I would, then I know black is out):

And at the link below (scroll to the first photo in the post) is a GW post with a light granite and anthracite sink (though cabinet color is unknown).

The style at the link is one I'm considering (Diamond), as well as the Performa.

Backsplash is TBD; will decide later but have a couple tile options (taupe or off-white) that did look good with this granite.

If you have a light Ceasarstone option you think would look good instead, for counters - LMK!

Here is a link that might be useful: GW Silgranit Link

Comments (9)

• Sms
    9 years ago

Marg we went with the truffle silgranite. It was perfect with taupe bits in the caesarstone nougat counters, and with the grey/taupe b/s and creamy white cabinets. Reveal link is below.

SS works well too but we wanted easy cleaning, no scratching and fewer waterspots. I think we made the right choice aesthetically but the sink is amazing too love it

Here is a link that might be useful: White cab, light counter and silgranite

• deickhoff0
    9 years ago

I think SS or the black would look good. I would also look at the dark gray, not sure what its called.

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

You can order samples from Blanco so that you can see the colors alongside your granite, etc.

I have white shaker cabinets and a light granite with some black and grey markings, although not as consistent as yours. I chose Cider, and some days I think I like it more than others ;-)

• thepeppermintleaf
    9 years ago

The metallic gray silgranite is also really pretty, it looks like your stone has gray tones to it so they might look nice together.

• marg143
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, folks!

Zeitgast, your kitchen is so lovely! I had seen it earlier too and had perused it more than once, admiring many things about it! I had/have thought of using the Ceasarstone Nougat - do you have any regrets/what do you like about it? And the tile goes so nicely! You probably had to ensure tile and sink color went together - that is one thing I'm hoping to avoid having to match, but may have to.

deickhoff, thank you!

Purpleeyes, love your kitchen too - what is the granite? What is it about your sink color that you don't like - that it is too dark, or doesn't blend color-wise?

thpeppermnt, I bet the gray would look good with the stone - I don't love gray, though, which is why I'm still not certain of the stone and don't want to overemphasize that color.

Thanks!

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

Marg143, my granite is Bianco Romano. Unfortunately, there isn't that much grey/black in the part of the countertop where the sink cutout is. So some days I wonder if I should have gone with truffle or even white.

And it may only be the Cinder color, but I have a random white speck that I cannot get off and I've already managed to get a light colored scratch on it. I've only had it since June. But you are right, there are tons of great reviews of the Anthracite color!

• Sms
    9 years ago

Marg CS is really easy to clean so that part is great. Two things I don't like as much

1) there is a translucent inclusion on the front edge of the sink (and elsewhere) that looks like a chip. Freaked me out several times until I stopped noticing.

2) I don't like having to use trivets for hot plates b/c I never had to think about it before with any other counter I've had. If you don't already know hot and CS don't mix-- that's what CS says anyway and I certainly haven't tried to invalidate their advice in my kitchen.

Yes we had to coordinate the sink, counters and backsplash and the grout and paint color for that matter. Floor stain came later but wood floors and SS are kinda like a pair of jeans-- seem to work well with lots of other elements.

As was suggested, you should order samples from Blanco website. We tried lots of combinations of sink/tile/counters in many different lighting conditions to get the right match.

• marg143
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks again!

PurpleEyes, that is interesting about the white speck/light scratch. They have said that silgranit is the same color throughout , hmmm...

zeitgast, your preparatory work for coordinating elements really shows - so well done on that kitchen! I have not yet had granite; sounds like it may not be as easy to clean. I am going to check out the chip samples. I don't want to decide on tile now, but I don't necessarily want sink to determine my tile color. Thus - anthracite color or SS seemed best, but it won't hurt to compare.

• amykath
    9 years ago

I am a fan of stainless or white for sinks. However, that is just me. Seeing some of these silgranite sinks in photos might be changing my mind.

Purpleeyes, you kitchen is gorgeous!!!!