Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeitgast

Reveal white beach house kitchen

Sms
9 years ago

First of all I want to thank so many of you for all the help and guidance along the way. This was my first ever renovation project and I can honestly say that I have GW to thank for this fantastic kitchen!!

So here is the before...
{{gwi:1903222}}

{{gwi:1903223}}

{{gwi:1903224}}

The during...

{{gwi:1903225}}

{{gwi:1903226}}

And the after...

{{gwi:1903227}}

{{gwi:1903228}}

{{gwi:1903229}}

{{gwi:1903230}}

{{gwi:1903231}}

{{gwi:1903232}}

And some details...
{{gwi:1903233}}

{{gwi:1903234}}

{{gwi:1903235}}

{{gwi:1903236}}

{{gwi:1903237}}

{{gwi:1903238}}

{{gwi:1903239}}

{{gwi:1903240}}

{{gwi:1903241}}

{{gwi:1903242}}

{{gwi:1903243}}

{{gwi:1903244}}

{{gwi:1903245}}

{{gwi:1903246}}

{{gwi:1903239}}

Cabinets are Starmark Fairhaven inset in Marshmallow Cream
Counters are Caesarstone Nougat
Backsplash Sonoma Tilemakers Star Tribeca Bossy Gray
Floors are red oak to match existing and then stained Provincial and matte finished (LOVE them)
Sink is Blanco Silgranite Supersingle
Faucet is Rohl Perrin & Rowe triflo filter faucet (left is filter)
Undersink trash is Rev-a-shelf (mounted it to the left so i could tuck in the dishwasher soap and rinse aid, trash bags are behind the can)
Pendants are from Hammers & Heels
Oversink light is from Rejuvination
UCL is Phillips eW Powercore LED (nice low profile so no need for a light rail)
Appliances are Thermador 36" fridge, Thermador 30" induction cooktop, Bosch d/w, Bosch oven on the island and Advantium 240 (really wanted double ovens but no room so went with the dreaded OTR microwave/speed oven/convection/toaster option)

I think that's everything. Thanks again for all the help and advice!!!

This post was edited by zeitgast on Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 20:21

Comments (66)

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I love it! It's so bright and fresh. Your backsplash is terrific, great choice of tile.

• jaynes123_gw
    9 years ago

Loving this, also doing a white coastal kitchen now too.

Got the offset blanco too - whats the interesting rolled up thing across it?

SO jealous of your cooktop - I didnt even know these smooth tops came without knobs, never got that far. BF had to have gas and since Im picking out everything, conceded but had I seen this photo I'd have fought long and hard for it. LOVE the minimal look and ironically our stove went opposite, big monster stove. Was happy to find bluestar so could pick blue for navy white plans but would be happier if I didnt know this exist. Much envy to you!

• feisty68
    9 years ago

Zeitgast, what a stunning kitchen. I love how the tiled walls soften the blissful white cabinets and counters, while the floors ground the space without being too dark. So many details to admire - my favourite being the cute fixture over the sink. The window-blessed space is of course a wonderful starting point.

Thanks for sharing with us.

• badgergal
    9 years ago

Fabulous kitchen and it is in a beach house no less. Way to make us all feel jealous! Wishing you lots of great times in your beautiful new kitchen.

• crl_
    9 years ago

Gorgeous!

• patricianat
    9 years ago

What a beautiful room! It is so pretty I would just sit and look at it. I think I would almost be afraid to use it. You did a magnificent job.

• meddam
    9 years ago

Beautiful!!! Makes me wish I had the budget to remove my gigantic soffits & move the plumbing!

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

Wow, love it! I especially love the cab knobs and the expanse of windows. And I'm delighted to see that your trash is under the sink. That's where mine is going to go, too. Can't see giving up a cab to this when cab real estate is limited in my kitchen.

annettacm, I'm digging the roll-up sink mat, too, so thanks for posting a link about it.

Thanks, Zietgast, for posting a reveal! And thanks, EMA44, for giving the nudge that got this lovely kitchen posted!

• Sms
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thx for all the kind words everyone-- was a little nervous about posting b/c i see so many great kitchens and i was hoping i wouldn't get chastised for doing yet another white kitchen with an OTR microwave no less : )

MGMum thanks actually picked that little dresser thing up at a consignment shop just a couple of days ago it works well there

renov8r we did put a small addition on for a stairwell. Allowed us to remove the interior stairs and create more space up and down stairs but no space added for the windows

annettacm feisty68 posted that roll up thing-- i love that thing!! might be my favorite gadget ever

Jaynes123 funny we were really disappointed that we couldn't get natural gas and propane just wasn't gonna fly. Learned all about induction here on GW and I have to say that while i miss peeking at the flame induction is really great and doesn't seem to throw off too much heat. Good luck with your kitchen and be sure to post

feisty68 thx again for the roll up drain board tip. Really wasn't sure about that little fixture but wanted to tie in the black barn door hardware so that's how it came to be. I love it too-- put a 900 lumen LED in there and it provides just the right task lighting for washing dishes

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

So, so pretty! Down to the little touches, like the glass knobs and the subtle colors. Love that corner cabinet.

• westsider40
    9 years ago

So bright, so white, perfect for the beach. You will love your induction. You know how long it takes to clean the cooktop? 35 seconds. Spray with non ammonia windex and wipe. You will love everything. I love everything. I love your timeless floors and yes, for me your kitchen is pretty timeless. Just good taste. Enjoy

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful tile! You did a great job. Who would ever 'chastise' you for your OTR?

• CTN30
    9 years ago

It's lovely - you now have me thinking about glass knobs, and wishing that I was totally replacing my cabinets, rather than just painting. But I actually think my favorite thing about the whole space is the expansion of the windows above the sink.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

Congratulations! You had me at "beach house" Love the barn door and the sink.

• jaynes123_gw
    9 years ago

Im not letting you off that easy - confess, CONFESS!

What is that roll bar item on the sink?

My confession - I always jump to photos first on reveals, then read and funny, those bars so caught my eyes, i didnt notice the rest of the sink. Just thought darn - where was this sink when with the bars when I was looking as I scrolled up to see who made it to discover it was same as mine.

Seeing the beauty of the white makes me more excited for my cabinets but got weeks to go. Forget how stunning a statement they can make.

• firstmmo
    9 years ago

So many things to love about this kitchen!
    My favs so far: backsplash, black and white ceiling light fixture, Caesarstone Nougat. I do love a white kitchen!

Fabulous job!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Lovely kitchen!

• mdln
    9 years ago

Awesome, absolutely beautiful transformation! Love the corner cabinet that goes down to the countertop (so often I see those corners filled with clutter). Great handling of the under-sink trash bin - wish I'd thought of that. Your pulls are the same type I picked out, so love those too! Love the tile up to ceiling; I have been pondering if I want to do that - your pic convinced me to do so. Thank you for posting!

• romy718
    9 years ago

So fresh & pretty. I love the style of the white window casing against that beautiful backsplash & how you contrasted paint colors on the barn door. I love the whole kitchen.
    I don't remember seeing your paint color?

Sigh....I wish I had a beach house.

• Mags438
    9 years ago

A very lovely space and you did a fantastic job! Love the bs! Magazine-worthy! Very nice

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

What a lovely kitchen! The colors and choices you've made are beautiful together. I especially love the backsplash.

• julie1973
    9 years ago

It looks fantastic! Everything! What color silgranit sink is that?

• onedogedie
    9 years ago

Such a pretty beach kitchen and house for that matter. I especially like the counter and backsplash. I would take the whole lot turn-key, except for the clear glass pendants, but I have sensitive eyes.

Questions:
    -how does the LED light over the sink do for illumination? Love the fixture and like the idea of the LED bulb.
    -how do new users adapt to the triflow faucet?

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Looking at the before pic and then the after, it's like a breath of fresh air. Even a calming effect.

• Sms
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thx nosoccermom and mdln took a chance on that corner cabinet and its just perfect. Hate dead corners and really needed some pantry space close to the cooktop. Was concerned about being able to reach in there but its not a problem (except for the upper cabinet that is)

Jaynes123 that roll up thing is a portable drain board that feisty68 posted here is the URL http://www.amazon.com/Over-Sink-Roll-Up-Drying-1434/dp/B00HET3GEW LOVE IT BTW!!

lisa_a be sure you get an offset drain if you want to put trash under your sink. I had to shave the back of the can down a bit so that it wouldn't interfere with the bottom of the silgranit sink

westsider40 you are right the clean up for induction is amazing-- put a paper towel under there for spaghetti sauce the other day. quartz counters and silgranite sink are also really great for easy cleaning

romy718 paint colors are BM Chantilly Lace (window and walls) and BM Natural Cream for the trim and barn door. The color is actually a lot closer to the tile color than it appears on my monitor

julie1973 the silgranit sink color is truffle which is kinda taupe colored. it really matches the taupe speckles in the counter top.

onedogedie the LED over the sink is working great but I think I should have gone for a whiter and more powerful light (like 1000 lumens). I have a stronger and brighter one at home and do notice that it is a bit better as a task light. The triflow learning curve was pretty quick-- kids still get mixed up sometimes but otherwise no prob. We did have to cut back the quartz window sill after it was already installed b/c the right lever knocked into it preventing the ability to have very hot water-- it looks a bit stubby but I hardly notice anymore.

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

That is a beautiful kitchen! Congrats on the job well done! I especially love the pendants, myself.

• dccurlygirl
    9 years ago

Beautiful kitchen and overall space! Would you share the dimensions of each of the rooms? Thanks!

• dccurlygirl
    9 years ago

It looks so very open and airy, zeitgast. Can you share the floor plan of the entire space?

• Sms
    Original Author
    9 years ago

dccurlygirl hope layout pic this shows up well enough its the best I have

• Lisa
    9 years ago

Sometimes you see a kitchen and don't know where to begin...yours is one of those. I love your backsplash, your pulls, that sink color is perfect, your cabinets, the fridge panel, and that DOOR!!!!

• dccurlygirl
    9 years ago

That helped a lot, zeitgast! Now I understand the flow. Thank you.

• jennifer132
    9 years ago

Lovely space. Congrats!

• dgormish
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! So many fantastic details! Love the sink/counter/backsplash color combo. Pretty lights.

• lmsparkie
    9 years ago

Beautiful job, beautiful kitchen! Doing mine now. Can you tell me the what type of undercabinet lighting you used?

• Sms
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thx Jennifer and dgormish

Imaparkie the UCLs are Phillips eW Profile Powercore LEDs. They have two options for brightness 3000 or 4000 k-- I went with 3000 k b/c it's warmer light. They are dimmable with the right dimmer. Link is below. Good luck with your renovation!

Here is a link that might be useful: eW Profile Powercore

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous kitchen! Congratulations!

• lmsparkie
    9 years ago

Wow, that was quick zeitgast - thanks!!!

• JEN_CABINETGEEK
    9 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! I would love to be able to post these pictures on StarMark's website for homeowners, and on Facebook. If you're interested, just pop an email to me: jthom@smihq.com.

THanks, Jenn at StarMark

• fatherdowling
    9 years ago

wow. WOW. I love everything about this!

• pschr
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Beautiful! Does your tile look more gray or more neutral/taupe color?

Sms thanked pschr
  • Sms
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Definitely more taupe or greige. Wanted a warmer color to complement the creamy cabinets.

• pschr
    8 years ago

Thank you! That is color I am picking up from by very small sample that I have in my kitchen.

• Jessica Pelletier
    8 years ago

what color grout did you use with your bossy gray tile backsplash?

• Lynn McCarron
    7 years ago

Love your kitchen, especially your choice of cabinets. It's now been a couple of years since your cabinets were installed. How has the finish on the cabinets held up? Starmark makes great cabinets, but my family is tough on finishes, so this is my greatest concern. I am hoping to have my kitchen reno completed no later than thanksgiving, hopefully sooner, and am in love with Starmark Fairhaven cabinets...I think in marshmallow cream (from the same dealer/different designer...I believe I live in your town). BTW, my carpenter has had to repair many well known brands of cabinets as he is installing them, but says he only has had good experiences with Starmark. They are well built.

• Sms
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The finish and cabinets are holding up great. Have had site painted kitchen cabinets too and there is no comparison on finish durability. No chipping or cracks so far. biggest issue we had was a spaghetti sauce explosion from a guest cook who couldn't figure out the convection cooktop. Everything cleaned up great and there were no residual stains. Glad I sealed the time grout : ) I was worried about inset cabinets being near the water but there hasn't been any issues with expansion/sticking etc

good luck with with your renovation. We worked with Ernie at Coventry Lumber-- he was meticulous about the details, measurements etc. I did the basic design work on SketchUp and he made sure it all worked. We were able to save some money by using standard sizes and avoiding custom colors.

• kelleg69
    7 years ago

Love this kitchen. Great choices.

• ishop19
    6 years ago

Super!!

What color are the cabinets? I see window and walls and trim colors. Are the cabinets a stock color from the cabinet company? If so do you know the BM paint match?

• sunfeather
    6 years ago

I wish I could see the photos :-(. I'm looking at Bossy Gray but don't think the Start Tribeca is still being made...?

• Sherri Morse Cordelli
    2 years ago

What color grout did you use with Bossy Gray?