Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
capegirl05

Life Liner for Shelving/Drawer...good? bad?

Capegirl05
12 years ago

Has anyone used Life Liner Shelving material? I found it at Bed,Bath,& Beyond? I looked online and it got great reviews but I was wondering whether any GWers have used it personally?

TIA

capegirl

Comments (8)

• willtv
    12 years ago

Have it for about a year.
    It's easy to install, easy to clean and it looks & feels as though it will last a lifetime.
    We love it.

• EcoBuzz
    12 years ago

We've used it for 15 years and it's awesome. Easy to wipe down, lasts forever, I highly recommend it.

• plllog
    12 years ago

If you have trouble with humidity and mold, the ridges can be a lifesaver. I used to use Life Liner, when I was younger and renting, as better than paper. It's very hard to wash because of the ridges, and it wants to roll back up, so it's hard to cut exactly to fit. Otherwise, it's a very good product. Cleaning it is really a nightmare, however.

One of the GW Kitchens "secrets" is Cushy Cupboards. It's a dense, not too squishy, foam kind of product, cut into convenient lengths. There are a few bricks and mortar places where they sell it, which is great if they're near you. The closest one to me is an hour drive away, and it was a lot less than the gas (let alone my time) to have it sent from the central office.

I was skeptical. I did my "better" cupboards in cork sheeting. The cork is prettier, but the Cushy Cupboards is fantastic. It cuts well, it lays flat once it's relaxed, it doesn't wrinkle or tear, it's exceedingly easy to clean. You can sponge light dust quickly, and remove it and scrub it in the sink if something icky gets on it. I think you can even put it in the dishwasher. Additionally, I use it in my unreachable cabinet, where I put my salad spinner. I pull out the Cushy Cupboards a little and the spinner just falls into my hand. :)

I used to think the people who enthused so much over Cushy Cupboards were a little overwrought about shelf liner...until I started using it. :)

• plllog
    12 years ago

Actually, Capegirl, I realize now that my complaints about cutting and fitting the Life Liner were based on older, framed cabinets. It's fitting the stuff around the frames and getting it to lie flat long enough to do it, that made me nuts! It would be a lot easier with squares and rectangles. :)

Cushy Cupboards doesn't actually stick, but it's stiff, so it doesn't shift if you cut it to fit edge to edge.

We used to have these full threads containing nothing but raves for Cushy Cupboards. :)

• colorfast
    12 years ago

Here's one of those older posts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Older Cushy Cupboard Thread

• advanced
    12 years ago

I actually highly recommended it on a thread about 1 month ago. Have it everywhere for 6 years and it cleans easily and very easy to cut and fit. Has 2 different sizes. Love It!

• Capegirl05
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all of the confidence! I am going to use it in the kitchen but I may try to order the Cushy stuff for the lower drawers and cabinets. I find that those are the ones that the other liners won't work for....they seem to slip around if they are not thick or stiff. May initially try the Life Liners in those areas and see if it would work. We are packing this week and moving in this weekend (partially), so I am anxious to get it done!
    capegirl