Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY toe kick drawer instructions

Posted by Bellsmom (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 19, 13 at 12:36

I KNOW I used to have instructions on how to build your own toe kick drawers. But now that I am ready to do it, I can't find the instructions.

Does anyone have a link to good instructions on DIY toekick drawers? i remember generally how to do it, and I know it wasn't complicated. Just don't want to have to reinvent the wheel if someone can tell me where to find it.

Thanks as always,
Sandra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Here's one site--do you know others?

This is the second time today I posted a request for info after searching for an answer through Google, and then returned to search for more and found what I was looking for. (The first time was on the cooking forum.)

If anyone has better instructions than the link I will post below, I would love to know. But the link below is the site I was looking for.

Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY toe kick drawer instructions

o
RE: DIY toe kick drawer instructions

I was thinking about these myself. Thank you for sharing the website.

o

Anyone have any insights into the IKEA Hack instructions?
http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/01/super-secret-toekick-drawer-for-kitchen-cabinet.html
and below the gardenweb thread

Here is a link that might be useful: toe kick drawers

o

I've never done it, but FWIW, here's a tutorial from ikeafans. Between the two you should be able to figure it out:

Here is a link that might be useful: toekick drawers ikeafans

o

Here are the instructions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Using IKEA drawer to make toe kick drawer for non-IKEA cabinets

o

Thanks everyone.
A question: Why buy an Ikea drawer? It can't be that hard to make a drawer that will take no more use and weight than a toekick drawer. A bit of glue, some nails or screws, 5 pieces of plywood, and you've got a drawer.

This is a serious question. Is there any reason a simple open box won't work for this kind of drawer? With a wide toe-kick compatible front, of course.

Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here