Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maddie_2010

Ideas for Granite with Medium/Warm Cherry Cabinets?

maddie_2010
13 years ago

I am remodeling my kitchen with cherry cabinets. They are medium in color. I am having a difficult time picking a granite color and would be so grateful for any pictures people could post or color recommendations. Thank you and I look forward to seeing your kitchen!!!!!

Comments (14)

• cpartist
    13 years ago

I too am having cherry cabinets with a medium finish. What colors are you thinking of using for the rest of the kitchen? With the cherry your options are really wide open.

I am using a very patterned granite with movement called typhoon bordeaux. I've included a picture of my granite.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• riverspots
    13 years ago

I went with Solarius but any cream and rust colored granite would have done well. I wasn't fond of granites with yellow or pink. Or gray-but I'm not a big "gray" fan. Try marble.com for some ideas. If you'd prefer a darker counter, maybe Magma or Mascarello would work. Best plan is to go to a granite yard where you can wander and look at the slabs. The colors can be very different in person compared to a photo.

• cpartist
    13 years ago

Absolutely go to the yard. I had no idea what I wanted for a granite until I saw it and fell in love. I then based my LR/DR/kitchen colors on the granite.

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

oooooooh Maddie,
    You are so lucky to have Cherry. Cherry goes with
    everything. Definitley visit the granite yard but before
    you do, search on Google or FKB (finished kitchen blog)
    and see what you like. That way when you visit the granite
    yard you can zone into the slabs that you think you will
    love more. Do you like dark? Light? warm? Cool? Movement?
    Pattern? Solid? Plain? Speckled?

And then there is the edge to think about. What kind of
    edge to your chosen rock do you want? What about the seams
    where should they go... So much to plan.
    Meanwhile here are some images that might help you
    narrow down your search.

Enjoy the process, it is so exciting. New counters!!!
    ~boxerpups

Cream bordeux

Verniz Tropical

Green Butterfly (looks almost black )

Yellow River Granite

Vyara Granite

Lapidus Granite

Emerald Pearl Granite

Bianco Romano
    {{gwi:1575413}}

Golden Beaches Granite

Juparana Florence

Azul Aran (Yes this is not cherry but notice the stone)

Brazillian Black

• marcydc
    13 years ago

What riverspots said!

I didn't want anything pink, grey, or yellow. I kind of wanted green but my family nixed that idea. Probably a good thing ;)

Solarius was high on my list too! I went with Golden Crema which seems to have all the same colors in it as Solarius, just arranged a little differently.

From Bathroom and more remodel

• Jodi_SoCal
    13 years ago

Medium Cherry cabinets and Impala Black (actually dark and med grays). I love the combo as I feel the black cools down all the red in the Cherry. I think the kitchen would look parched if I had gone with a brown granite.

Jodi-

• marcydc
    13 years ago

Jodi, that's beautiful! You're backsplash really ties the cabs to the granite nicely.

• Buehl
    13 years ago

Jodi's kitchen is one of my inspirations! It is gorgeous!

I have polished Absolute Black Premium... We love it!

• Jodi_SoCal
    13 years ago

Thanks Marcy and Buehl.

Jodi-

• gina032811
    13 years ago

Jodi...
    i love your back splash...do you know the name of it?

• Jodi_SoCal
    13 years ago

Gina, the backsplash is Jeffrey Court's Chapter 9, Pietra Opus, Quartz Brick, Fire & Ice. Fire & Ice for short.

Jodi-

• doonie
    13 years ago

I wanted the calmer look of quartz in my kitchen, so I chose Yellow Nile Silestone in the leathered finish. It has irregular splotches in it that pick up the color of the cherry. I wanted a creamy kitchen.

{{!gwi}}

• sue36
    13 years ago

I have Coast Green, it is quite green with flecks and white and ivory. Costa Esmerelda is nice as well, but more expensive and less "green" with more gray.

• red_eared_slider86
    13 years ago

Yes, cherry goes with almost anything. We chose a dark Kashmir Gold to go with ours. I'm including a link to the thread that has the pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our kitchen remodel