Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kpasso_gw

finished pics: 1928 bungalow. hope this post works...

kpasso
12 years ago

Comments (16)

• prospect711
    12 years ago

I'm only seeing the one photo - but that sink wall is super nice!

• hsw_sc
    12 years ago

I love how it turned out! I think it's awesome that you got to keep so much of the original tile.

• Circus Peanut
    12 years ago

hi Katie,

I couldn't find your album from the thread you linked, so I hunted a little, and here's the link to your Brick Bungalow photos, below. Absolutely lovely! As a cedar-shingle bungalow owner, I approve heartily. :-) Gorgeous kitchen, wonderful use of the space, and yummy materials, all while preserving the original feel of the home. Your aluminum cake keeper and open shelving are to die for. The green paint color is perfect for highlighting the colors of trim and cabinetry. Delicious!

Aren't you just utterly LOVING cooking in there now?!

Here's one shot from the album:

Here is a link that might be useful: Katie's Brick Bungalow Kitchen

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Very, very nice!!!!

• pondlily
    12 years ago

I love it! Great displays in your glass front and open cabinets!

• blfenton
    12 years ago

Wow - your home and kitchen are stunning. Really nice.

• laurielou177
    12 years ago

Love the mix of open shelves and cabinets as well as the tile walls.

• shelayne
    12 years ago

Beautiful!

• bigjim24
    12 years ago

I just completely love your cabs. And of course all the rest. It is so warm and inviting. Enjoy every minute!

• boylanite2
    12 years ago

WOW......great job! Enjoy it.

P.S. can you share info on the knobs and pulls?

• herbflavor
    12 years ago

In regards to soffit-I have one which I don't really want to bother to take out, yet you know"everyone is removing"-guess not all are heeding the call-did you get 24 or 27 in hi cabs-I see they are dropped down a few inches-or is the backsplash just 15 in with normal 30 in hi cabs?? It looks good and love the angle atop where you cut across to the wall without the soffitt...Strike your path in the way which works for you and your space!!

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

W O W!!!

I remember your before images and your plans but I missed your reveal. Thanks, circuspeanut for embedding an image and fixing that link. This is a kitchen not to be missed.

I like so much about it but the one unique thing that caught my eye (besides the tile walls, that is) is the stained wood trim next to the painted molding around each stained wood door. Is that original? That is a very cool detail.

Detail, please!!!

• kpasso
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks everyone!

i'm not sure about the trim on the wood/doors. i want it to be original, but it looks really nice, so might be a replacement.

the knobs and pulls are ORB from Rejuvenation - which also match the light fixtures, from the same place. I didn't want too many metals/finishes going on.

• InteriorStylist
    12 years ago

FABULOUS!!!

~Jeana

• aliris19
    12 years ago

It's so consistent with the year and style - dark but really mellow and not musty at all. Well done. Very calming.

Please tell me it's not that perfectly cleaned and set every day?! I'm thinking these finished kitchens need to have a code for with-kids and without! (she says so sheepishly, ruing the mess out there I need to clean up).

• dalmadarling
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!!!! Please share your pics here so I can add them to my Ideabook :) Would love to show my contractor what you did!

http://www.houzz.com/