Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lake_girl_gw

A little greener than Revere Pewter?

Lake_Girl
10 years ago

I'm still looking for a new paint color for my kitchen. I'm wanting a color that will look nice next door to the creamy light gold-tan LR. I'd love a gray-ish shade but I'm batting zero. My neighbor painted several rooms Revere Pewter (Benjamin Moore), and it has a gray-green look at her house. She gave me the leftover paint, and it's looking quite gray (not seeing any green) in my kitchen. It's nice enough, but I'm not sure how the gray is looking next to the LR. I'm thinking I need to lean more greenish to coordinate with the warmer LR color. Can anyone suggest a gray that leans a little more green than Revere Pewter? Thanks!

Comments (22)

• peony4
    10 years ago

BM Hazy Skies will be slightly more green than Revere Pewter, but this depends upon how *much* more green you want it to go. I once sampled Hazy Skies, and it was very much a green-leaning gray.

• Lake_Girl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Funny you mention hazy skies. I bought a sample and it looks very close to Revere Pewter, almost the same. It is just slightly greener I think. Have you ever seen BM Camouflage?

• blackchamois
    10 years ago

Check out BM Camouflage. - Centsational Girl (blogger) has it in her dining room. I have it in my guest bedroom. Can look tanish in some light. Sounds like it might compliment your LR.

• blackchamois
    10 years ago

Check out BM Camouflage. - Centsational Girl (blogger) has it in her dining room. I have it in my guest bedroom. Can look tanish in some light. Sounds like it might compliment your LR.

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Here is BM Camo in my daughter's bathroom. It read fairly green....

• Lake_Girl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys, especially for the pic. I went back to my neighbor's yesterday to look at her RP. It looks so much greener than mine. Her white trim is a little creamier (mine is bright white), and her cabinets and things are all a little creamier than mine. Plus her house is shaded by more trees. What a difference light can make. My RP is showing up a true gray.
    Thanks for the pic. Camo looks nice, but does lean more toward tan. I might try a sample. I think my biggest hangup is the living room color next to kitchen. Ugh.

• localeater
    10 years ago

My kitchen island and my sunroom are SW Providence Olive. It is a greeny gray as opposed to a grayish green so it might be too green for you. However my adjoining hall is gold and they two look smashing together.

From GW Photos

I am also including a link to a Home Decorating thread about green grays

Here is a link that might be useful: More Samples thread....

• IliN
    10 years ago

Healing aloe by bm?

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

firsthouse... not to hijack, but is that glass mosaic tile in the shower (walls and floor)? If so, can you tell me how it holds up?
    Thanks,

• User
    10 years ago

I have Ben Moore's Horizon Gray beside two warm colors: Safari, a gold/ tan yellow, and Laura Ashley Taupe 3. My trim is Linen White so not bright white like you have.

Beside Safari:
    {{!gwi}}

Beside Taupe:
    {{!gwi}}

*I resized both pics to the same size before the initial post but one looks huge, sorry!

This post was edited by athomeinva on Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 9:32

• cmm6797
    10 years ago

Benjamin Moore Halo is a soft beigey, grayish with a green undertone. We just used it in our living room and it's a nice neutral that can't quite be defined as specifically green or gray or beige.

• francoise47
    10 years ago

Grant Beige by Benjamin Moore is another greige color with a bit of green you might try. It is similar to Revere Pewter.

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

Valspar Artichoke
    I painted my kitchen this color and it compliments our tan(ish) living room very well. It's a darker gray with green undertones.

• Lake_Girl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok Just got home and I've got some colors to google - Grant beige, artichoke,Halo, etc. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Sherwin Williams naturel is a grayed green. I just had my kitchen and dining area painted in it and I think it looks great!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Remodelfla: The glass tile was great. I had some fears too about having this in a young adult's bathroom and had thought it might be chipped by dropped items, but we never had a problem with it. It was super pretty! Granted I don't live there anymore, and it's now been three years since install, so I can only tell you that it cleaned up and held up great for the two years I was there.

• Pipdog
    10 years ago

Martha Stewart's Fossil is a beautiful light greenish gray. I think her line at Home Depot has been discontinued, but I was able to have it color matched at Ben Moore.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

I have BM Camouflage in my bedroom and I love it. Please understand that it is my first real venture away from creamy white, so it felt like a really bold move for me. It is very chameleon-ish, depending on the light and time of day. Sometimes I see a bit of blue in it. It reminds me of eucalyptus in the fog.

That being said, it doesn't photograph very well. It reads more green to me than these photos indicate. Guess it depends on your point of view: if you are used to color on the walls, it might look a bit tan, but to me, I see green.

Usual disclaimer, please disregard unstaged bedroom:

• dljmth
    10 years ago

I wound up using BM Gray Horse at a 50% reduction. My original plan was to use Gray Cashmere but after seeing on an entire wall I felt it read too blue. I wanted something that leaned green.

• Kathy Rivera
    10 years ago

BM Nantucket Grey (in my previous kitchen - pic below and please ignore the French's mustard half wall!). It read quite grey green there, but I tried a sample on a wall in my new home and it was too dark...

I'm also working on painting my family room and using Sherwin Williams Svelte Sage. I was looking for a greyish green and I kept seeing it come up in blogs/recs for that. But it's definitely more green than gray I think...

• Lake_Girl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm going to out of town for a day or two, so I may not get to check in too often. Arghhh! I am getting so tired of looking at paint colors. Thanks for your suggestions so far though. I have been looking at images this evening. It's kind of a pain googling images, cause so many pictures are actually other colors. Anyway.....