Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Sink Quest

Posted by walnutcreek (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 16:08

I have looked and looked at kitchen sinks at stores and on-line. What a PITA. I have decided I want a stainless steel, 1-hole, top mount or drop in (can't tell what the difference is), a double bowls. I don't want to spend more than $500 and would rather spend a bit less. I just cannot tell what the quality of so many of the sinks I have looked at. Lots of reviews I have read on different sinks say that scratch easily.

Are any of you willing to give me some direction as to a good quality sink, please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Sink Quest

I have this sink, and I love it. I'm planning to buy a second one for my new house.

It's a higher gauge steel than most in the price range (thicker steel has a lower number), meaning it makes less noise when you drop things in it. It's also coated on the outside for more noise dampening.

Notice it has NO holes. You would mount your faucet onto the counter next to the sink rather than through the sink itself.

It's stainless steel. They scratch. After 2 years of use, it's got a tonne of little scratches, which give it more of a brushed look than bright and shiny. I don't have any large obvious scratches.

Here is a link that might be useful: Krauss 32

o

Thank you for your response, amberm. Unfortunately, I cannot use this sink because it is undermount and the faucet has to be placed on the countertop. My countertop will not accommodate that.

I am hoping that others will reply.

o

Kraus makes topmount sinks too - I have a Kraus undermount single bowl sink and the quality is very good (and the way it came packaged you'd think they were sending the crown jewels).

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus sinks

o

I'm pretty sure it can be used in either a drop in or undermount configuration. I was planning to use it as a drop in next time because I chipped the stone on the edge of my sink in this house.

o

Thanks, hockeyfan. I will look at the Kraus sinks.

And, ambern, I have searched and cannot find that the Kraus sink you listed can be used as top mount or drop in.

o

I know nothing about the quality of the Ruvati sinks but there has been some feedback that they are good quality. They have a top mount sink with one hole.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ruvati Sink

o

Hi,Walnutcreek, our company has many stainless steel kitchen sinks, including US&Canada Series sinks, hand-made sinks, hope you will have the time to visit our website or contact me directly.
I'm from China, for 1 sink, we can send it to you by express.

o

Just thought I would let you know that we finally made a decision. The sink purchased is the Houzer Bellus Series Drop In Steel 22.000 33.000 Kitchen Sink BLS-3322 Brushed Satin. I think we are going to love this sink. I got the drop in because I have read too many complaints about the marble/granite/whatever around the edge of the undermount sink getting numerous dings and chips.

o

walnutcreek:

Dings and chips around undermount sinks are predominantly the fault of improper detailing at edges, not the fault of sinks.

Stainless steel scratches easily, but the scratches are easily removed:

Here is a link that might be useful: Screaming

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here