Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whiteoak7225

Oak cabinet reface to White or Cherry ?

whiteoak7225
9 years ago

Hi, Dear GW members:

I have been lurking this site for a while, searching for the answers for my kitchen refacing dilemma, and unfortunately , I am still not very sure what to pick. So finally I decide to post my issue, and hope I can get all your experts advice.

I have a builder grade oak cabinet, still in good shape/condition, so when I was doing remodeling, I only changed the floor to white ( almond white? ) , solarius granite ( yellow/white with dark brown spots) and almond tile backsplash to match the oak cabinet.

Now, after everything is done, the yellow oak cabinet become uglier by day! Now, I need to change Oak cabinets . and I know my only choice is refacing. I will order the door from internet with a better style.

I have two color preference: red cherry or white.
For cherry, I like red cherry finish furniture, hope I can get cabinet like that, but all only site cabinet door seller's color looks dull, not red enough, not semi-gloss enough. I will attach the inspiration pictures . I also understand cherry will darken with age, which scares me. I don't want a dark cherry cabinet.

For white cabinet, I like white cabinet , but most white kitchens I see have dark granite counter top and dark floor. I have light ( not close to bright white yet) floor and back splash, if I put white cabinet on, will it be too much white?

The kitchen has gets a lot of indirect sun light.

Plus, I painted the whole house with light tan, bright white trim, and will build a white built-in in the family room, which opens to the kitchen, the white kitchen seems match the white builtins well, built-ins are facing the kitchen.

Thanks so much for any comments, advice.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz