Thank You gwTamara!!!!

This is great!

Comments (20)

• ellendi
    11 years ago

What does STICKY mean exactly?

• lazy_gardens
    11 years ago

ellendi - it means that the post is "sticky" It is "stuck" to the top of the forum, instead of moving down the page when people reply.

We've only been asking for stickies since Spike was here.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Thank you gwTamara!!! It's a very comprehensive "how-to" for newbies, and not-so-newbies!

• gwtamara
    11 years ago

You're most welcome! I'm glad we could finally make it happen. I know it will make life easier for all you 'bumpers' out there. ;)

cat_mom -- It IS very comprehensive and so well done, but all the credit goes to Buehl and other members of the forum who've put it together over the years.

• ellendi
    11 years ago

Yes, perfect!

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Well, this is going to change my GW daily habits! Whenever I went to GW, the first thing I always checked was the position of the "New to Kitchens" thread, bumping if necessary. Breezy, enduring, buehl, Aliris, Bee, darbuka, etc., I'll miss you fellow bumpers! (Sorry if I missed anyone...)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Yeah!!!!
    Thanks!!!
    But have to get over opening it every time I go into GW

• sarahhomeremodel
    11 years ago

cool sticky post!!

• jenswrens
    11 years ago

Yay! But wait... we have lost all the other links that were attached to Buehl's original thread. The How to post a link, how to post pictures, the storage links, pantry links, layout links, etc.

Those are not in the FKB FAQ page that is a link in the beginning of the new sticky. Surely, surely, GW is going to save all those links as our own FAQs, preferable inside the sticky, like Buehl has them inside the "Keep on page 1" thread.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Well, I did a search to see if there were any more threads about the sticky, and of course posted to the wrong one that no one else is using, LOL.

So, this is a repeat ... WOW, a sticky !! Color me amazed. That has been a looong time coming !

Tamara, will changes be able to be made to the sticky in the future, kinda like a sticky/FAQ, or is this the way it will always read ? I am thinking as links get broken.

Also, the links to all the great (recurrent questions) threads that Buehl had on the main thread are no longer there. : (

• gwtamara
    11 years ago

Ooopsie -- my bad. I only grabbed info from the first post and assumed the rest of the posts were just bumps. I'm going to blame that on the neighbor's baying beagle who kept me awake half the night. Yeah...yeah...that's the ticket! :P

I can delete and add a new sticky -- no problem. But, I think it might be a good idea to maybe do a bit of reorganization and divide the information into two stickies. I really don't want to do more than two as it takes up valuable real estate, but I think trying to cram everything into one might be overwhelming. But, that's up to you. Let me know what you'd like and I shall make it happen.

Tamara

• enduring
    11 years ago

Oh I'm going to miss "bumpin" the thread!

Buehl has been very dedicated to this thread. THANK YOU BUEHL!

Angie deserves a hand for all her creative bumps, which included song lyrics :) You're crazy girl.

gwtamara, I think everything should be included like Buehl had it. It you reorganize, but keep the information, that would be fine too.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Yea!! A sticky! Its been too long in coming. Thank you, Tamara. But I'm like Angie. I will miss the old bumping thread (and the recent musical hijinx! :) ).

Hey, how about we start a musical thread over on the Conversations side of the forum?? We could pop over once a day or so and post something fun or just check-in. Anybody up for that? (I must admit it's selfish on my part as I really enjoy music and was starting to feel some therapeutic value from my recent musical postings.) Yes? No?

• enduring
    11 years ago

YES I love the idea Breezy. I just now got into the groove and posted a few songs on the old new to kitchens...thread. Angie's Townes van Zandt link inspired me to post Poncho and Lefty, check it out before the thread dies.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Enduring: Thanks, but I think most of the musical bumpin' credit goes to Breezy. I was just following suit. Now I am going to pop over to listen to Poncho and Lefty!

Oh, right, song lyrics. I did do that some months ago, didn't I? I managed to get through all of Subterranean Homesick Blues in one thread! I tried to get others to chime in on some Carole King, but it didn't catch on.

But I agree -- Buehl deserves a big hand for her stewardship. Hear hear!

• angela12345
    11 years ago

I liked it the way Buehl used to have the links with the title of the thread / what it was about and the link to the right on the same line. It was harder for me to read when she changed it to a different reply post for each link.

example ...
    Planning your storage, including where items are commonly stored http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg010523449014.html
    Getting Emails Sent To You...3-step Process http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0105243228880.html
    Steps to sealing a stone surface, if it needs it http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0105254810134.html

Of course, these are 3 random examples. It would be better if all of the links were organized into an order that makes sense, not like I have above where the 3 links are unrelated.

Personally, I would like all of the FAQ info in one thread. I am all about less clicking ! It could have a couple different replies to the top post to cover what you would have put into a second or third FAQ thread in order to keep it more organized into sections.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Also, I liked it when ahe used to have more info in the FAQ thread, less clicking to other threads to go to the info. Not necessarily "all" of the info, but a synopsis for the person who is looking for the basic answer and not the full detailed answer.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

LOL, she has the links like I like them in ...
    Useful Links/Misc Info http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0105344116836.html

Buehl is Good !!!

• Buehl
    11 years ago

Angela - the reason I changed it was that others told me it was too difficult to find things when they were all together. So I split them out - each with their own "subject" so they would be easy to find.

It's tough trying to please everyone!

Tamara - have the developers figured out why I can't edit several of the FAQs? (Text & associated formatting missing when I'm in "edit" mode for a thread.)

• angela12345
    11 years ago

LOL, it is tough pleasing everybody !!

The part I found difficult was the changing font styles and sizes from subject line to link, coupled with trying to filter out all of the extraneous stuff in between the links, like "posted by buehl my page" etc. Plus it was so spread out vertically that it was tough to quickly scan.

But, I so appreciate and have used those threads you put together for years !!