Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Did I get ripped off by Overstock on my sink? I feel sick!

beekeeperswife
14 years ago

I ordered a Ticor sink from Overstock. You can see the link to my post below.

I think that there are a lot of pieces falling in to place right now and I feel just sick about it.

Sink description, model number, matches up exactly to the Ticor 6503. The specs,etc. Even the box says Ticor with the model #. My sink has an "emblem" engraved in it.

The problem is that the granite has been cut. Overstock is "escalating" the problem and they will call me in 1-2 days..I told them that this is unacceptable since the Ticor sink I ordered needs to be here by Monday afternoon for the install on Tuesday morning. They say that no where on their site does it indicate that it is a Ticor. I said the product description matches Ticor's exact description as well as the box being labeled Ticor.

I will check with my fabricator tomorrow and see if he thinks I should order the Ticor from Galaxy. As long as it fits in the hole I think it will be ok, right? This faux Ticor that was delivered to me is lighter than what I thought it would be. My fabricator also mentioned that it wasn't as heavy as some Ticors.....it's a 32"sink. It isn't a prep sink!

So, does anybody else have an emblem in their Ticor sink? This is what made me start thinking about all this.....

Here is a link that might be useful: My original link

Comments (15)

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    14 years ago

In addition, Overstock uses the exact photo in its description that is on Galaxy's website.

• haileysuper
    14 years ago

I am sorry you are going through this stress! I have a Ticor sink ordered from Galaxy and there is no emblem on it. If it isn't a Ticor sink then I wonder why they have it in a Ticor box? What brand is it? Did it come with the grids? I hope you get this figured out. I think I'd want my money back from Overstock and get a sink from Galaxy. Keep us posted .

• paintpanther
    14 years ago

hi beekeeperswife, i can imagine how stressed this can be for you, we all have been there. But i am confused, when you made the purchase at overstock, the description does not say ticor or does it? do you have a link to what you purchased?

it may just be a simple mistake, hope you can have it all sort out, good luck.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is the link to Overstock's description. I figured they don't mention the brand name because they aren't allowed to do that sometimes..? I don't know how to post two links, if it is possible. So I will link the Galaxy one also in a second post.

Notice that Overstock's is exactly the same description, even the same photo. Perhaps if it didn't come in the Ticor box with the model # on the outside ----

Here is a link that might be useful: Overstock's link

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    14 years ago

the link to Galaxy's description

Here is a link that might be useful: Galaxy's description

• jb1176
    14 years ago

Looks like the same sink to me. The square sinks are Italian design and perhaps the manufacturer is different than the standard Ticor sinks which I believe are manufactured in China. Only a guage tool would specifically answer whether the sink is truly 16 guage or not. I have read that the thickness varies in sinks because in the stamping process the metal is bent to form a shape and the guage changes in places. The 16 guage is the flat steel thickness before it is formed.

Galaxy has an excellent reputation. For the $40 difference in the price I would have been tempted to go with Galaxy just because of their reputation of excellent customer service. Sorry you are having second thoughts.

• svwillow1
    14 years ago

Sometimes manufactures make two different quality levels of the same product. Can't say if this is true in your case, however Overstock never did mention the name of the brand you were buying. When we purchased our sink, there was no question it was an Artisan, which is what the Overstock listing said it was. I noticed that in your link, Overstock does mention other sinks by brand name.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I know, but the description, item number, box, and photo all indicate that it is a different sink than what is being delivered. Geez, I could have bought the $199 one on eBay if I knew I wasn't getting a Ticor. Wonder if they use Kohler, Bianco, Artisan, and Franke boxes too? grrrr

• kateskouros
    14 years ago

i'm sorry you're going through this ...but i wouldn't presume it was the ticor. there are knock offs on everything. if it doesn't say it's a ticor, then it doesn't have to be. i'd purchase from another vendor and send the overstock purchase back. good luck, please let us know how it turns out.

• cawfeegirl
    14 years ago

After reading your first post about it yesterday, I went to Overstock to check out sinks, etc. for my renovation. But I was leary that some of the items didn't state a specific name while others did. Is there someone at Overstock you can speak to and ask why no name was listed? Maybe it's like buying those faux Coach bags in New York City--they look exactly like the real thing, but they're not.
    Hope you can work it out.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think all is okay. I am going to just "release". Thanks for all your support.

Here is the response I just got back from Ticor:

Overstock does sell our sinks, and there were a few models that did have emblems if that helps.
    We do have a good workign relationship with overstock so I dont think they would do something like that...
    But if you have any other questions please feel free to email us
    sincerely
    Andrea
    The Ticor Support Team

• kateskouros
    14 years ago

well that's a relief! i'm so glad it all worked out for you. i guess it wouldn't make the new kitchen all that special if everything ran too smoothly?

• the_eth
    14 years ago

We got our Ticor sink from Overstock too.

Waited to get it with grids from Galaxy and they were out of stock of the sink when the grids arrived - we should have secured the order. We were desperate as we only had 2 weeks before the granite was to be cut.

I search for the Ticor sink S3560 and eventually found it on Overstock. We did the same thing - reviewed the model number, photos etc. and ordered through Overstock. The sink arrived in the Ticor box, appears very solid and is insulated. Our installer said it was a solid sink, they noted that some square sinks can be flimsy - ours isn't.

I am glad that Ticor confirmed that Overstock sells their sinks - there was always that question in my mind.

We would have preferred to order with Galaxy - they are very good to deal with, but timing became the issue.

• gsciencechick
    14 years ago

Wow, this looks like a great deal. I'm definitely going to consider Overstock. Thanks.

• flyinghigh
    14 years ago

Just throwing in my $0.02 about Overstock.com - I tried them once and that will be it for me. Horrible customer service coupled with a horror story when the box arrived damaged. That wasn't their fault, but their lack of support and follow up was. ...never again... There are too many other great vendors and sometimes trying to save a few pennies ends up costing a lot of dollars.