Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Do you have a Ticor Sink? I wonder if I do.

beekeeperswife
14 years ago

I purchased a Ticor 32" sink from Overstock. Model #SS6503. On the day of templating for my granite, I noticed that there is stamp in the back of the sink with the manufacturer's name. (I'm not one big on advertising, so I was planning on putting this on the front side of the sink so it wouldnt be visible).

However, the sink is not here because it is at the fabricator's shop--so I can't check this for sure, but I think that the stamp that is in there does not say Ticor.

If you have a Ticor sink, can you tell me if you see something similar? I'm curious if I was ripped off. I must say, the sink is NOT as heavy as I thought it would be, but that is probably just me second guessing. It is supposed to made from 16 gauge ss. The box does say Ticor, by the way.

And while we're at it, anybody else ever put the label in the front so you can't see it? The drain is perfectly centered, so no big deal.

Thanks so much.

Comments (6)

• kidshop
    14 years ago

I bought a ticor from Overstock about a year ago, and there is not a stamp on the inside of my sink. I can't remember if Ticor was stamped on the outside. It was very very heavy, compared to the same size 18 gauge sink I purchased locally (and then returned).

• Buehl
    14 years ago

There's no manufacturer's name on my sink....at least not that I remember seeing. (I'm not home right now so I can't check.) Are you saying the stamp is in the interior of the sink so you can see the name once the sink is installed (and every time you use it)?

What did the box say that the sink came in? Our box had "Ticor" in big letters on the sides.

Here are the best pics I could find that show the inside of our sink...

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, it is stamped along the back, near the top. I saw this with Artisan sinks at the granite showroom. For some reason when I noticed it for the first time (when the templator was here I didn't even read it), I just went "eww, I'll put that on the front side so you can't see it.

The box absolutely says Ticor with the model # on it.

I am not sure why all of this just dawned on me. It's too late to do anything about it, since my slab has been cut, but I certainly will go back to Overstock about this.

I just sent an email to Ticor. They have answered my previous emails about a sink grid, so hopefully I will hear from them. Maybe I'll stop by the granite shop tomorrow to visit the sink and see what it says on the inside.

• bestyears
    14 years ago

As long as you hear back from Ticor, I'd say you aren't stuck either way. If they say it isnt a genuine Ticor, then OS will most likely pay to have it shipped back. And if it is a genuine Ticor, you'll be all set.

• megradek
    14 years ago

no stamping of any names on my Ticor (I picked it up directly from galaxy tool supply). Best of luck

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Last night I was online with Customer Service at Overstock. They say that the description doesn't say it is a Ticor. Pretty funny, since it is exactly the same photo used by Galaxy, and the exact description, and oh yeah--it comes in a Ticor box!

This morning I woke up, filled out my return request, and am planning on running over to the granite fabricator's shop to see what he thinks. If he thinks I should just keep it and not run the risk involved in having Galaxy overnight one to me and then we check to see if it will fit or not.

You can see I started another link about this once I realized this is NOT a Ticor sink. ugh.

Oh, I wouldn't return this one until after the granite was installed with the other one!

Here is a link that might be useful: Follow up link

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville