Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Paint

Posted by diyguyjr (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 17:49

Ok. Painters are here this week. We have a dilemma.

Cabinets will be painted Vermont Cream or Swiss Coffee (pretty close in color)

However, my wife and I conflict on which color for our walls. She wants Caramel Swirl (brownish) and I want Graham Cracker Crust (orangy/rust color).

She thinks the Caramel matches the couch better and is in the palette of some of the ancillary colors of our green granite.

I like the Graham as I think it matches the slate floor better, will contrast better with the cabinets (will be painted Vermont Cream or Swiss Coffee.). Also mixes in well with the ancillary colors of the granite. Not sure about the couch - guess it's ok-I'm not sure either color works that well with the couch. I also think the Graham Cracker is a little more bold and will not get old.

Attached is a photobucket link to pictures of the colors side by side next to the couch, floor and granite.

http://s199.photobucket.com/user/elfreedman/library/Kitchen?sort=4&page=1

What do you guys think?? Let me know. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Paint

Sorry, I double posted. See my other post. Pics are embedded in the other post here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0718111828956.html?1

o

I hope by posting the links so they are clickable, you will get responses. Here is the first link you posted. Attached is a photobucket link to pictures of the colors side by side next to the couch, floor and granite.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket link to pictures of the colors side by side next to the couch, floor and granite

o
Pictures are embedded in this click-able link below.Kitchen Paint

Pictures are embedded in this click-able link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures embedded in this clicable link.

o

Hi Linda,

I get the examples, thank you. However, being a bit of a novice at this, what are the keystrokes or commands to actually make a link clickable.

o

Personally I would like the Caramel Swirl. The more brown color. The orange color would wear on me.

o

Caramel Swirl is my pick. But also, perhaps a bit more brick in it. Not the bright brick shown, just a bit more color so not to exactly match the counter. And also closer to your couch colors. A bit more expansion on color options are needed.

o

diyguyjr, When you reply to an email (think they improved it also and on reviewing the message during a preview there is now a space for the URL Link), there is a space for the Optional Link URL and Name of the Link that will make the Internet Address Click-able so others can easily click it without copying and pasting it to more easily help you in your decision. Hope this helps.

o

I like the graham cracker crust. It is a fresh look, not a safe neutral, that is pushes the envelope a bit, and has some nice energy. It might be a bit intense for the whole room, though, and I can't say I like either one with the sofa much.

o

I like the caramel swirl, it's softer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here