Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Need Pix of 'Quiet' Light Colored Granite

Laurie
13 years ago

I'm nearly sold on getting Ceasarstone's lighter colors in a honed finish, but I still have nagging doubts about it. My quote came in at nearly $3300, more than I wanted to spend.

I keep thinking that if I can find a light colored granite, with very little movement, a "quiet" one that perhaps I'd do that. I need it to be calm because the cabinets grain is a bit busy.

I had granite in my last kitchen and loved it. I had no problems with it, it wore very well and in the 8 years I lived with it, only had to reseal it once or twice.

My cabinets, are going to be rather dark - Quarter Sawn White Oak in what is dark brown called "Kaffe" by Kitchenmaid, Shaker style. So, I want to lighten up the effect by staying in a creme or white tone, perhaps with some other colors in it but only mildly so. My appliances are SS, no hardware, sink or faucet or backsplash chosen yet - so underlying colors are open.

If anyone has dark cabinets and light granite counters, it would be very helpful to see them.

Comments (24)

• modgirl
    13 years ago

I too had the same wish and ended up going with caesarstone blizzard! Still awaiting counter install. I did go around to several yards to search out a light granite - but I couldn't find anything quite light enough for me. But then again, I went with nearly all white quartz - so other than marble, I probably wasn't going to find it!

• Laurie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yep, that's what I think is going to happen. I priced two colors (Jerusalem Sand and Desert Limestone) but both came in at the same amount. I'm considering going lighter than those now (possibly the Misty Carrera).

Did you get the honed surface? I'm wondering whether or not to go ahead with it if I do cave in and order it. I'm sure it added quite a bit to the price.

• rtorgy1
    13 years ago

I have dark java colored cabinets, and like you, wanted a light granite with not much movement. I went with Giallo ornamental, and I love it- just what I was looking for:
    (ignore the mess in the picture, I don't have an up to date one- hopefully it shows okay for you, let me know if you want one closer up)

• nancyaustin
    13 years ago

I, too, have Giallo ornamental, with dark cherry cabinets. It is polished and has a fairly uniform pattern but gives an overall light appearance that contrasts well against the dark cabinets. Plus, nothing shows on it! I have to run my hands over it to make sure that it's clean.

• Laurie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The Giallo looks pretty good! My Santa Cecilia didn't show a thing on it either, and I loved it but I don't want to repeat the same color again.

I'll take a look at the Cashmere too. Thanks very much!

• doonie
    13 years ago

I have the leathered Silestone in my kitchen and I really am enjoying it. Outside I am continuing with the calm motive and I found a remnant of Shivakashi or Ivory Brown Granite. It is a light creme color. It might be one for you to consider too.

• Laurie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok, that one is nice too. Merci!

• peytonroad
    13 years ago

I have a granite called Ivory Fantasy-looks similar to the above Ivory brown. It is really pretty too!

{{!gwi}}

• Laurie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yea! Another winner! Keep them coming. My KD told me to call with names so they can price them for me to make a comparison with the Ceasarstone.

• ritamay91710
    13 years ago

Another vote for Giallo Ornamental....sorry, no pics yet, but we have carbonized bamboo cabs, and it looks really nice with them. I didn't want anything too crazy either, and I'm very happy with it.

• lala girl
    13 years ago

I was looking for quiet light granite too and ended up with a quartzite called madre perla. It is taupey, grey and white - very low key and undramatic. Just got installed this week (no pics yet) and I love it - good luck, there are so many gorgeous choices!

• salmon_slayer
    13 years ago

too busy?

white and gold quartzite

• Laurie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That quartzite is stunning, and not too busy actually. I suspect, however, that it *might* be out of budget looking at it. May I ask what you paid?

• Laurie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just wanted to say thanks to the suggestions. I called my KD and they are getting me quotes for all the above mentioned colors. I'll see how those come out in comparison to the Ceasarstone, and make a decision from there.

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

Hi sivyaleah...

I don't know if my Delicatus White is too "noisy" for you. I had started out looking for a marble type granite, and ended up falling in love with this. I have the same color cabinets as you, and the dark spots in the granite contrast nicely... Good luck! Can't wait to see what you choose...

KA:)

• sfmomoxo
    13 years ago

I am in love with this Opal White Quartzite. My slabs are being fabricated now. I'm not sure if you can tell from my pic, but there is very little movement...just the appearance of crystals. I can't wait to get it installed.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• doraville
    13 years ago

Here's an earlier post with some pretty whites

Here is a link that might be useful: white granites

• basilbee
    13 years ago

This is what we're using....it's very calming, i think

http://www.midwesttile.com/single.php?I_id=258

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

What about madre perla? It's a quiet soft greenish taupe?

• Laurie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Isn't Madre Perla a marble? I mentioned cost was the issue :(

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Sivyaleah,

You are probably sick of my granite pictures. (smiles)
    Hope these ideas help you. So many varied but I tried
    to get you images of light colors with a little movement.
    Choosing a countertop was the hardest part of my reno.
    Best of luck.
    ~boxerpups

Juparana Silk

Juparana Indian gold

Juparana Silk

Ghibli

Crema Bordeaux light

White Spring

Yellow River light

Colonial Cream

Bianco Romano
    {{gwi:1575413}}

Giallo

• Laurie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Boxerpups, I never get sick of anything you post, and I doubt if anyone else does!

Thanks so much for those.

And yes, the counter is a tough one. So much to choose from, and I love each and everyone one of them :D

• Agayoso_ajgaesthetics_com
    12 years ago

Or knowledge of a source for opal white? I saw a picture of opal white on an Italian stone website ( http://www.azulitalia.it/en/index.php?tipo=prodotti&idp=245 ) and can't find much in the states (Florida). It's for a kitchen countertop. Really any whitish clear quartzite would be in the neighborhood.