Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
River White or White Galaxy?

Posted by discoganya (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 11, 10 at 23:09

Can't decide between the two. Any pics to share? Any thoughts?
(It will be matched with dark cabinets)
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: River White or White Galaxy?

bump

o

I'm not familiar with these granites, but did you, by any chance, see this previous discussion about white granites?

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread on white granites

o

Hi discoganya,

I would ask Jewel? She posted last month about white
granites.

I love river white granite. It is a beautiful stone but I
rarely see it. If I had to choose I would go for the white
river. The movement adds a sense of artwork to the stone.
I wish I had more pictures for you.
~boxer

White River or River White

White River granite from Marble and Granite co.

Here is a link that might be useful: Does anyone have River White or Monte Bello granite? pics please

o

I almost bought River White and it is very pretty. My vote is for it.

o

Hi, wish I could be more help,but we still haven't gotten our granite yet. Still waiting for our contractor to get started with the cabinets...hopefully before April.
My DH and I both love the White River. I'm waiting for bigger sample of that color. It should be here by the 15th of this month. I do have a small chip/sample of the Bianco Romano,Monte Bello and River White. Of the three small samples I have, the River White is the lightest and whitest color.

I'm including pics of the River White that comes from our slab yard. As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with the River White...it's beautiful.

Good luck.

o

Well, you have no idea i have had with trying to post this picture. I'm so mad I could whip a bear right now!!
I just keep getting error messages because I have already posted a reply to this and it say's I need to change the subject. Hope this doesn't mess things up, but giving it a try.
I must be eaten up with the dummies tonight. Never had this much problems posting a pic before.

o
RE: Trying again ...with me luck!!!!!!

Well, call me stupid tonight!
Maybe third time is a charm. We shall see..lol

River White Granite Slab

o

Oh Jewel,
I was so frustrated yesterday working on a photo project.
Work related. Anyway I wanted to whip a bear too.
I had to walk away and do something else and go back to
it later. You have no idea how mad I was. If there had
been a bear here I might have taken him on. : )

I soooo understand your frustration. Glad you were able
to post.
And forgive me forgetting about the granite. I knew
you had an interest but could not remember if you had
the white river installed. Looking forward to seeing
the new slabs this week.
~boxer

o

Thank you all for your responses. We are inclined a little more towards Galaxy, but it's never final until it's installed!

Galaxy seems to be "whiter", brighter and has a little bit of the brown in our cabinets.

River has a beautiful texture and movement, but seems to have too much gray. The plum dots don't match with the backsplash.

o

discoganya - not sure if you've looked at Luce di Luna quartzite (quartzite bianca), or if you like the linear movement or not, but some slabs are whiter than others, some greyer. It might be worth a look. The slab we have used, pictured below, is whiter towards the top and has some brown in it, it matches well with our walnut cabs.

The kitchen isn't finished yet unfortunately, so I don't yet have a good shot showing the cabs and the countertop, may have more this weekend.

_MG_8737

_MG_8728

_MG_8729

o
Close up of the River White

Feel better this morning. Boxerpup,good thing I didn't try to whip a bear last night because I would have lasted about as long as a paper sack in a bear fight.

This is the other pic I tried to post last night.

I like the Galaxy,too

River White Close up view

o

sochi -- your kitchen is immaculate; straight out of a designer magazine! We are not too familiar with quartzite, but we made the decision to go with granite a couple of months ago :)

We are about 90% fixed on the galaxy -- given the extra brightness and lack of grays. The cabinets will be a dark java & the backsplash will be mosaic glass tiles (Walker Zanger Mantra Brown Tea mini-brick).

o

I thought I'd update this thread with progress so far:

River White Granite! River won over galaxy!
Walker Zanger Mantra Mini-brick glass mosaic in "Cashew"

Cabinets to be stained this week... more updates to follow

Clearly, I'm not a photographer, so please bear with me:

Thanks to everyone on this forum!

o

That river white is BEAUTIFUL! Great choice. I wish I had it.

o

I love the River White! I also can't wait to see a picture of your cabinets stained. I will be looking for updates.

o

that looks really nice! Looking forward to your stained cabinets. You have lovely taste.

o

Very pretty!

o
Thread Update!

OK, here are the pics after the cabs were stained. We went with a deep mahogany to coordinate with the tiles, granite and backsplash.
The results have really exceeded our expectations. My contractor says that the shine of the top coat will tone down over the next few weeks.

Note: I have many skills, but photography is not one of them. So please excuse the crappy pics :)

The stain is really a dark brown/mahogany -- not black as seen in some of the pics. Here is a picture with the flash on -- shows some of the brown tones

o

What a beautiful transformation. You must be so pleased to see your vision come to fruition. Enjoy!

o

Looks great discoganya. Did you ever run across a granite called Kashmir White? It looks very similar to River White. Does anyone know if it is in fact the same (with different names)?

o

I WANT your granite, it is beauuuutifuuuul!
great pics!

o

Your kitchen looks great! The stain! The countertops! The backsplash!

o

Hi,

Beautiful!!! I'm really liking this granite. I have done a quick google search but can't seem to find dealers in Toronto that carry.

Anyone know where to find River White in Toronto?

Thanks!!!

o

Hi
Can you please tell me the name of backsplash and who sells it in the USA

o

what finish do you have on the WZ tiles

o

I found out there is a WZ store near me, ordered my tiles should have them in a week.
Thank you all for being so helpfull.............lol

o

Hi. I just renovated my kitchen and had River White installed. I originally wanted marble, but was afraid of staining and etching. Maybe when the kids are older. I do love the River White, though! Please take a look at the link for lots of pictures of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: My white kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here