Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momomomo_gw

Tell me about your favorite kitchen faucet !!!

momomomo
15 years ago

Hi

I am renovating my kitchen now and it goes towards to the end finally. I bought brand-new appliances, sink, counter top and so on. I feel happy about my decision so far. But I can't make up my mind on kitchen faucet. Please share your experiences and thoughts of your faucets with me. Single or triple hole? Pull-out faucet vs wide spread? which brand?

Please tell me anything about faucets for me!!

Thanks!

Comments (20)

• cpccarolyn_2008
    15 years ago

I will have a single hole - Brizo Florino

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

A lot of people here like Grohe, especially Ladylux (single hole, pullout). I went for something completely different -- Cifial widespread with separate sidespray (4 holes) for a cottage look to match my Shaw's sink. I've been very happy with it so far.

The faucet decision is one that creates a lot of angst (at least it did for me). Can you post pix or at least let us know the general look and feel you want?

• edlakin
    15 years ago

our faucet is an american standard bridge faucet with three holes (plus one for the sidespray). we added a westbrass soap dispenser.

• peggross1
    15 years ago

Bear in mind, that these high faucets like pictured by edlakin as well as mine, which is a Hamat Ergo Country Classic pull-down, have a tendency to splash water all over your counter. My window right behind one of my sinks is getting water spots from people using the sink with their hands up near the spout instead of down within the walls of the sink.

Something I hadn't really considered before my purchase.

Also, I'm having a water pressure issue that may be able to be resolved, so although I'm not recommending against my Hamat faucet, I can't highly recommend it yet.

Here's a picture of one of my faucets over a 30" wide sink(obviously this is not the one in front of a window). I think it is very attractive and a nice size, but where the water comes out is pretty high.

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Oh yeah, here's a pic of mine. I am getting water spots from people with dripping hands turning off the handles, but my sink is far enough away from the window that I'm not getting water spots there. Splashing is also not an issue.

• edlakin
    15 years ago

these high faucets like pictured by edlakin as well as mine, which is a Hamat Ergo Country Classic pull-down, have a tendency to splash water all over your counter.

we haven't had any problem with splashing, but i have a pretty deep sink (shaw's 36") and the faucet is mounted so that it hits just about dead-center into the sink bowl.

• kousagirl
    15 years ago

I have the hansgrohe allegro single handle pulldown. I heard people complain that it splashes but I purchased anyway. I have a shaw 30" sink and yes it does splash. I haven't received counters yet and was considering buying another faucet but I really like this one, despite all the splashes. Someone told me that with the farm sink I would probably still get some splashing with a different type. Too bad you can't try them out in the showroom. Good Luck!

• peggross1
    15 years ago

IMO, the splashing has nothing to do with the sink, and everything to do with the height of the spout from the sides of the sink.

The workers using my faucet seem to want to put their hands directly under the spout instead of down in the sink, where they would put them normally if the spout were lower. It's the walls of the sink that stop splashes.

Over time, I'm sure my family will learn to let the water fall into the confines of the sink walls before putting something under the flow of water. But it seems there is a learning curve and the workers are oblivious.

• scubated
    15 years ago

Funny you should be stuck where I was as well. After picking almost my entire kitchen rather quickly after the good recommendations on this forum, I too was having a major time of indecision picking out my faucets, sinks, and pulls. I guess I am feeling the pressure now that I may be close to templating in about 2 weeks. Anyway, I just ordered a Grohe bridgeford cafe for my main silgranit sink and a Danze parma spray for my pantry area which goes with a farm sink. We are on well water with moderate pressure so I hope that cuts down on the splash factor.Now I hope I like them all when they arrive. The only thing left to pick out is the pulls and the accent tile.

Good luck.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

On my main sink, I have the Kohler Vinnata...also a pull down faucet, single hole (handle can be mounted on the left, right, or the front).

My prep sink has the Kohler Fairfax, a pull out faucet, again single hole but w/the handle on the top.

As others have said, there is quite a bit of splashing when you put your hands (or dishes) directly under the faucet head of the Vinnata...which is above the sink! When hands or dishes stay within the confines of the sink, there is very little splashing. The water spots caused by turning the faucet on/off or using the soap dispenser or GD airswitch, though, probably can't be helped.

Pictures in the linked thread. A closeup of the Vinnata is in a later post half-way down the thread, the Fairfax is in the set of pictures in the first post.

HTH!

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread: Almost There!

• ljsandler
    15 years ago

Love my Kohler Vinatta on my main sink:

• msrose
    15 years ago

1slander - Love you granite! What is it?

Laurie

• norwega
    15 years ago

I love my KWC faucet. It's not too tall, so doesn't splash, the sink is 9" deep. I like the fact that the spray can be activated by pressing down with the wrist. I find it more ergonomical than having to twist my wrist and use my thumb to activate the spray. I went to a place with a large selection of faucets and tried them out. It was $375, so pricey, but worth it.

{{!gwi}}

• momomomo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much for your follow-ups!!
    Photos help me to make a decision easily.
    I looked into all brand name you wrote in follow-ups.
    At least all of you gave me a direction to choose.
    Thank you very much!!!!

• ljsandler
    15 years ago

msrose, thanks for your kind words about my granite. It is called Gold and Silver. I love it too!!!!!

• razenette
    15 years ago

We purchased an "American Standard" pull down faucet, but its not installed yet. The house is not completed & it will be installed then. I did decide how ever after reading the complaints about most of the Soap Dispensors, "NOT" to get one that fits in hole on sink. I'll just get one from stores in bottle w/its own pump & liquid. Razenette

• saruna
    15 years ago

We have the "Delta Single Handle Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet Model: 467-SSSD" from Lowes for $200. It has a soap dispenser too. We have had it for about 2 months now and so far I haven't had any problems. We have a 10 inch deep single bowl sink.

• maubry
    14 years ago

I have the two-handle faucet.

Here is a link that might be useful: faucet

• bartons_itctel_com
    12 years ago

This great i like to look at them, thanks for the post.

Here is a link that might be useful: my kitchen faucet

• Sammy81
    12 years ago

I was going through websites offering kitchen appliances. One of the online stores I noticed was Latitude-ST which offers cheap kitchen faucets and sinks. I think you should definitely try it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Taps