Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Backsplash Guidance

Posted by Chiquita11 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 11:03

Hello All You DIY Kitchen Guru's,

I'm looking for a little insight on matching backsplash with our new cabinets and granite.

The cabinets are laguna style chocolate and have stainless steel hardware. White ice is the granite. It's pretty consistent but could appear to have a lot going in it because it has black, white, and cream quartzite. Then, there is even maroon speckles in various places.

Humm, another important fact is we have our old white appliances and can NOT replace those anytime soon. This and our old cream tile floor are presenting another dilemma for me while trying to match backsplash in our halfway finished new remodeled kitchen. New stainless steel appliance and flooring are in the future just not sure if it's one or two years. Help with any ideas please.

I am torn between solid white rectangular tile, stainless steel small hexagon(or circle) pattern, or a colorful tile pattern backsplash. Not clear which direction to go. Simple to make the cabinets and granite standout or bilgy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Backsplash Guidance

I think the white subway tile would be perfect, it would let your granite be the standout and it’s so popular now that you can find it in big box stores at great prices. I believe it has a timeless look to it and it will work well with your white appliances as well as the new stainless in the future. Pricewise it would win hands down over a stainless backsplash, at least the ones I’ve priced. Concerning the colorful tile option, I don't like it when the backsplash and the granite compete. You can add color and interest through accessories.

o

Can you post an image of your kitchen showing paint and floors and your cabinet and granite choices? If you don't know how to post images read the stickie at the top of the forum. Also, could you tell us your budget in $/sf?

o

White subway tile. As anyone here who remembers my backsplash fiasco a month or so ago can attest, go simple with the backsplash and let your counter be the star. I learned this the expensive way. Good for you for asking here!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Post About Backsplash

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here