Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20104582

Moen pulldown faucet new technology

User
13 years ago

I have been diligently researching kitchen faucets and had it narrowed down to a couple Moen models. When I went to their website, they were touting a new technology called Reflex which is supposed to be easier to pull and then retracts automatically...no dangling hoses. It looks pretty cool, but it looks like right now it is only offered on one model...the Brantford I was considering the Annabelle which is quite similar, so I could try the new one, but I wondered if anyone else has heard of this or purchased a faucet with this new hose system.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen faucet

Comments (43)

• puppeez
    13 years ago

Be aware of the eco feature on the Anabelle. I have 2 Anabelle faucets. One purchased in 2009 and another for the prep sink in the remodel. The 2010 model is 'eco' and I'm not fond of it. The water pressure is too low for my liking. You can push the button for regular water flow (it replaced the pause feature on the earlier model) but it's a PITA to hold it on to fill the sink. I like my original Anabelle, but not so much the second one.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That's interesting ...so you can't just keep it on reg flow? My sister has the Annabelle and loves it, but it is a few years old so it probably doesn't have the low flow option. I'll have to see if this new brantford model is now the Eco type.

• puppeez
    13 years ago

Nope, ya gotta hold it down. When you release it, it goes back to 'eco' - low flow. The spray feature will lock and hold when you press it, until you turn it off.

The Brantford says it has the pause function, so I think it is not the eco thing. I keep thinking I will get used to it, like the low flow showerhead. But I still don't like it either.

• brianadarnell
    13 years ago

darn...I was all set on the Anabelle too. I guess I'll have to start my search again. Thanks for the info!

• mom23girls
    12 years ago

So did anyone find out if the Brantford has the eco? I like the look, but won't do it if it's the eco. I'm also considering the Brizo brand. It has the locking feature, which I like.

• davidro1
    12 years ago

Post here to report your findings, please.
    I'm eager to know more about this.
    Personally, I don't have to fill the sink so I find a lower flow to be good.
    Moen answers their phone, and that is what they are there for.
    Moen answers emailed queries too.

• erinct
    12 years ago

I saw the Reflex technology today and it was very cool. According to the supplier at our store all Moen models are going to have the Reflex technology starting in August. After using it today, I think I'm sold . . .

• ginny20
    12 years ago

August?! That's wonderful news. I emailed Moen cust svc on Monday and they said that all the rest would be "in the next 6 months" but they didn't know the schedule. I hope the supplier is correct. I plan to get one. I think it's a good value.

• babs711
    12 years ago

I saw this at a local showroom Friday. It's nice. It's pulling one of the Moen kitchen faucets closer to the top of my list now!

• erinct
    12 years ago

I hope the supplier is correct too! Our local store offered to give us their floor model until the new ones with the reflex technology come in. I'm supposed to go back this week to purchase what we want so I'll double check!

• erinct
    12 years ago

Ginny20: Just remembered a small caveat . . . all pulldown models are supposed to have the technology by August. I think he said the pull out models would follow in a number of months after that.

• ginny20
    12 years ago

That's cool, I want pulldown. I'm just trying to decide between Brantford and Arbor. Arbor looks easier to keep clean. But I'd like to have the choice and still have the new technology. I went to my supplier today, and they don't even have their Brantford sample in yet. They're calling their rep for more info. Thank heavens for Gardenweb!

• bigjim24
    12 years ago

I called a few suppliers in my area. The Moen Reflex Brantford is not shipping until the end of June (at least in the NE). Lowes and HD had noooo idea what I was talking about even after I gave them the model #.

erinct - you said you saw one? How was it when you used it? I saw a demo on You Tube but it's just not the same.

Great find popmom! Thanks - I have been agonizing over this one details for many long weeks.

• erinct
    12 years ago

The technology was really cool! When you pulled it out to use it there wasn't any tension like it was trying to pull back in on you. But as soon as you let it go, it slowly and gently went back into position and clicked in. The rep also told me that it will always go back in the way it is supposed to (with the buttons in the back). I was all set to buy a Hansgrohe, but as soon I used the Moen I was pretty much sold. I actually just returned from purchasing the Arbor model kitchen sink and bar sink today and both will arrive in 10-14 days with the Reflex technolgy! The store I went to today confirmed that all pulldown models will be rolled out through August, and that the Brantford and Arbor models are currently shipping. In case it helps, the store I purchased from was New Shepard Supply Co. in Vernon, CT (860-875-2545). Hope that helps!!!

• bigjim24
    12 years ago

erin - thanks for the info! I'm only in RI so I will contact them. I hope it's another detail checked off!

• davidro1
    12 years ago

I think it has to be more than just changing the weight.
    That is all they described in their video.

In a month or two we will know more.

• davidro1
    12 years ago

i hope the new "technology" encourages the other faucet makers to coat their tubes to make a nicer noise when the metal hose slides through the tube.

Here is a link that might be useful: Several changes that Moen has mentioned

• stargazer556
    12 years ago

I was hoping to get a faucet with the reflex technology in stainless finish. If you look closely though - the stainless finish is slightly yellowish and won't match our stainless appliances. We instead chose a Price Pfister model.

• erinct
    12 years ago

We're going with a chrome faucet, and they only had chrome and oil rubbed bronze on display, so I didn't get a chance to see the stainless finish. That's too bad -- the technology was really cool and alleviated all my concerns with a pulldown!

• dcognac_comcast_net
    12 years ago

This thread seemed to go off in another direction for a while (talking about Annabelle, etc.) but I am so interested in the Moen pull down with Reflex technology but no one seems to know anything about it in my area (Mass/NH coastal border) Responses to my e mails to Moen customer service to find out where I can get this faucet and technology were not helpful at all ("Brantford faucet is a new model for us and may need to be ordered. I am not sure who has stock of a certain model.") Does anyone actually own this faucet - the Brantford w/reflex - as yet? Or any Moen with reflex? Do you think it superior to other pull down mechanisms? Can you tell us what you paid for it?

• Lezli
    12 years ago

I chose the Moen Arbor a couple months ago for our new kitchen. Our finish plumbing is to be done next week, so after reading this post I called the plumbing supply place today and was told that I would be getting the Reflex technology on my new Arbor faucet -- and that I would LOVE it! So I would say to definitely call around 'cause they're out there!
    Lezli

• VickieHallmark
    12 years ago

I've ordered the Brantford 7185ORB which is due within a week. I'll let you know what I think once it's installed. It was $350 through my local supply house, which is more than I see it listed for online, but I'll have options if there's an issue.

• davidro1
    12 years ago

i wrote about it last week.

Here is a link that might be useful: Reflex is several things all in one name

• erinct
    12 years ago

Ours should arrive in about a week, but probably won't be installed for a few weeks after that. What I can tell you is that my brief use of the Brantford at the showroom changed my mind away from another brand I had really wanted. I don't love the style of the Moen we went with as much as the other brand, but the technology was so amazing I had to have it. I hope use of it IRL doesn't disappoint! I would recommend calling your local showroom and have them call their Moen rep for you. I think they'll be able to get more info for you than calling Moen directly. At least that was my experience. Our price quote for the Brantford at our local showroom was $239.33 and for the Arbor was $225.68. HTH

• colorlady
    12 years ago

That a great price for the Brantford erinct. Can I ask where you are located and the name of your local showroom? Maybe I can order it from them.

• bigjim24
    12 years ago

I went to a local plumbing supply company (not a box store)and asked some very specific questions after reading this post. I ended up getting the Kohler Vinnata 690 $572.52. It was heavier and more sturdy. They had the Moen on display but said Kohler already had that technology and has perfected it (it's just not called Reflex). Plumber installed it for his DW and she LOVES it. After getting over the shock of the size of course (actually she said what the heck is THAT, he installed it as a surprise). After using it twice she was more than impressed with the functionality.

• erinct
    12 years ago

colorlady: We purchased ours (Arbor model) from New Shepard Supply Co. in Vernon, CT (860-875-2545). They also have a web site if you search for them. I'm sure you could order it from them directly and have it shipped to you (they have the Brantford and the Arbor with the new technology). We're waiting for one more fixture to come in before I go pick it up (hopefully this week). I'll definitely report back on how it works!

celtinNE: The "technology" Kohler has is different. Kohler has the magnetic docking system, which locks the pull down piece into place when you're done with it (probably the most important part, to me!), but you have to manually push it up and attach it (not really hard to do, it seems like a great faucet and glides in pretty easily). With the Moen all you have to do is let go of the pull down piece and it automatically "snakes" back into place and locks in. I hope that makes sense! The Moen rep happened to be at our local plumbing supply store when I was there and he said the main difference is what happens when you just let go of the pull down head. The Kohler would stay where you dropped it and the Moen would snake back in and dock itself (in the proper position (i.e., with the buttons to the back)). Both lock into place to prevent drooping, once docked. I just thought the Moen technology would be nice with two young boys who likely wouldn't push it back in! We'll see how it works IRL!!!!

• bigjim24
    12 years ago

Thanks erinct. I can't wait to hear your feedback! I really wanted this faucet but the one in the showroom was already showing signs of not self docking. IDK, perhaps that is the reason for the delay?

OT. Faucet decisions are as agonizing as BS decisions! And I use the faucet more than anything else in the kitchen.

• cplover
    12 years ago

Has anyone seen the prep sink/bar size Brantford? I am thinking of ordering that size for my 15x15 prep sink and the larger one for my main 30" sink. My other option of course would be two of the regular models. I am so excited to hear from everyone. I watched the video and it looks so much nicer than the older models. I am glad to hear the Kohler model is good--but cannot justify spending that much for a faucet on my budget.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow...so much info finally out there. Since my initial post, I have have some cabinet issues that have consumed me and truly I just put this on the back burner. I went to my plumbing supply house and he was expecting a brantford soon for display, so I decided to wait...but haven't had a chance to get back there. My cabinets are now installed as of yesterday...and now I'm behind!! I really need a faucet pretty quick, but now that people have tried the new technology, I don't want to miss it. I'm in the Chicago area (northern suburb) and wonder if anyone has seen it or if you've been able to order online. I really wanted the anabelle style...but don't want low flow...I know, not very green of me. I am a bit worried about the ridge in the brantford neck...maybe a cleaning issue? Oh, what to do?!?

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow...so much info finally out there. Since my initial post, I have have some cabinet issues that have consumed me and truly I just put this on the back burner. I went to my plumbing supply house and he was expecting a brantford soon for display, so I decided to wait...but haven't had a chance to get back there. My cabinets are now installed as of yesterday...and now I'm behind!! I really need a faucet pretty quick, but now that people have tried the new technology, I don't want to miss it. I'm in the Chicago area (northern suburb) and wonder if anyone has seen it or if you've been able to order online. I really wanted the anabelle style...but don't want low flow...I know, not very green of me. I am a bit worried about the ridge in the brantford neck...maybe a cleaning issue? Oh, what to do?!?

• erinct
    12 years ago

Just wanted to report back that I picked up my Moen Arbor with Reflex technology yesterday. Granite should be installed next week, not sure how long for faucets and sinks after that. I'll report back on my experience with it as soon as I can!

For what it's worth, when I picked up my faucets the guy at the counter told me that he's been hearing great things about them. Then a plumber that was there said how some of his clients have had trouble with Moens properly docking in the past and he called one that he's kept in touch with to let them know about the new technology and they swapped it out and have been raving about it. So, hopefully it will live up to expectations!!!!

• bigjim24
    12 years ago

Yes, please keep us posed.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, please do! I'm hoping to track one down asap as we're hoping for granite next week!

• cplover
    12 years ago

I just bought my Arbor from The Great Indoors. They had the Arbor in SS in stock but not the chrome so we had to special order it. Odd thing was that the price of the special order was cheaper than the price in store?! I guess I got lucky!

• VickieHallmark
    12 years ago

My Moen Brantford in ORB is now installed and working well. Very easy to pull out. Pulls itself back up. Nice.

• erinct
    12 years ago

Looks great, and I'm glad to hear that you love it! I'm STILL waiting for mine to be installed . . .

• lalithar
    12 years ago

Looks like Moen has added several new faucets with the Reflex system. The wbsite shows the following:

Aberdeen
    Arbor
    Brantford
    Level

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen faucets with Reflex Feature

• joyce_6333
    12 years ago

I have a Moen faucet (Lancaster) in my laundry room, and it has such low water pressure it takes forever to fill a bucket, or the sink, with water. It's nice looking, and operates OK, but that water pressure is so bad, it's going to be replaced....soon.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We did end up going with the Brantford and so far it's been great. Everything has been installed for a couple weeks now and it pulls down and more importantly retracts very easily!

• SadieV
    12 years ago

I need to decide on kitchen faucet today. Had planned on the Hansgrohe Talic C Higharc but the Moen faucets are about half the price and plumber says parts are much easier to get for the Moen (plus all the positive on the new reflex technology here). I prefer the look of the Brantford over the Arbor, but I'm concerned the ridges and grooves are going to be harder to clean. Can you please give me your comments?

• cflaherty
    12 years ago

Would anyone share the best place to purchase this sink? Who offers the best price?
    Thanks

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths