Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20103166

Backsplash tile source (pale teal like dragonfly08's)

User
11 years ago

from pinterest (all time favorite):

{{!gwi}}

from pinterest (similar:)

{{!gwi}}

dragonfly08's photo (possibly the same tile?):

Comments (17)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

See if this helps:

Here is a link that might be useful: sea-green tile thread

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks. :) I think that this tile is slightly different. The ones in that thread are glass (and expensive!) I'm wondering if I can get a similar look in ceramic for a more affordable option.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

I'm pretty sure that your second photo is the Oceanside tile, at least.

• youngdeb
    11 years ago

I think these actually might be Heath ceramics tiles. Certainly they'd give you a similar look.

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

The really nice glazed ceramic are beautiful and will give you the look you are after. I don't know that you'll find what you're after for much less then $20 a sq. ft.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

The tile in the first pic has been discontinued. Many of us have loved it and posted about it. Too bad!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Why on earth would they discontinue such a beautiful tile!? Thanks for the info, breezy. :)

Hopefully dragonfly08 can tell me where she got her tile. :)

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The tile in the second picture is Ann Sacks hand-glazed porcelain tile.

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures of this beautiful kitchen and home

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Thanks for that, minneapolisite. It sure is beautiful. I tried to find in their catalog but all I get is a file not found error for any of the catalog pages. :(

• pentimento
    11 years ago

Hi minneapolisite,

I agree; the tile dragonfly08 chose is gorgeous. In her finished kitchen post she kindly included the source; it's Bellevue glacier found at Best Tile. I've included a link below so you can see it. Just click on the 'colors and sizes' tab and then click on the scroll right arrow so the glacier color will move into view.

So beautiful, sigh...

Here is a link that might be useful: tile dragonfly08 used is Best Tile Bellevue glacier

• dragonfly08
    11 years ago

Can I say how flattered I am that you love my backsplash? I had never done anything even close to a kitchen renovation prior to this and choosing colors (backsplash and wall paint) were the choices I felt were made with least confidence and experience! So, thank you!

Minneapolisite... that first photo was also my TOP inspiration pic. Breezy is correct... that tile is Walker Zanger's Mizu in Bamboo, I believe, and has indeed been discontinued (I contacted the designer herself!). My outdated local tile shop still carried a sample board with it, so I got to see it in person. Crackled, very iridescent... The closest other sample piece I got to it was Grazia's Rixi line (agata and reef color) but for some reason, neither of these tiles complemented my countertop. However, you might want to request some samples of it so see for yourself. I also got samples from Heath Ceramic (shipped to me free of charge)... they have really lovely handmade tiles with nice variation like you see in your photos above.

Seems like your questions about my tile has been answered already. I do have a small box of leftover tiles... so if you're curious about the color, I wouldn't mind sending some tiles over your way. Just email me your info. If you're in MN, not sure if Best Tile (they seem to be located in the Northeast region) ships... you certainly can call them and see. Lastly, I've been racking my brain tonight about how much I ended up paying for them, and I cannot seem to recall, nor can I find my invoice. I do know that my budget limit was also $20/sq.ft. or less. And all the samples I got were under that.

Good luck!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

dragonfly, thank you so much!

It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures--are they more glossy or more matte? The color variation is BEAUTIFUL. Are all the tiles glacier, or did you mix in any other colors? And what color grout did you choose? True white?

Your kitchen is SO SO SO gorgeous. I found the other thread and am looking at all the pictures now. AMAZING.

Best Tile is not in MN but I'm sure I could convince them to ship once I know we reach that stage of our build. I'm really happy to hear that your limit was $20--not totally ridiculous! :)

• babs711
    11 years ago

Butting in to let you know that The Tile Shop shipped me Grazia's Agata and Reef Rixi samples last week. They should arrive this week. They priced them at $13-something. But there will be shipping to consider.

I have a gray blue/green tile in my hands that I like so unless these just knock my socks off, I'll end up with it since it's less and local.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    11 years ago

That first picture has always been one of my favorites, too. They were evil to discontinue the tile.

• dragonfly08
    11 years ago

My tiles are glazed, so they are glossy. And all glacier color... I chose it for also for the variation the tiles had. I don't have the name of my grout color... I can get that information for you later on if you still want it. But basically, the store had these grout strips on hand and we just laid each one between 2 sample tiles until we got the color that looked good. Somehow, when the right colors come together, you just know. It's definitely more white than gray. But it was super helpful for them to have these actual strips on hand, rather than going by a color chart. I'm assuming most tile shops have these behind the counter...

babs... good luck with the Grazia. Many places actually sell them, it just takes a little effort to find where. Originally, I also got my samples from Tile Shop (located in CA). Since I'm in NY, freight shipping was quoted at $400+! That made the tiles too expensive for my budget! Then, I found out a local store also carried them... long story short, I ended up finding my tiles by accident at my local store when I went in to pick up more Grazia samples to make a mockup. The saleslady threw some samples of my tile "just in case you want another color to compare". Funny how these things work out...

• dragonfly08
    11 years ago

My tiles are glazed, so they are glossy. And all glacier color... I chose it for also for the variation the tiles had. I don't have the name of my grout color... I can get that information for you later on if you still want it. But basically, the store had these grout strips on hand and we just laid each one between 2 sample tiles until we got the color that looked good. Somehow, when the right colors come together, you just know. It's definitely more white than gray. But it was super helpful for them to have these actual strips on hand, rather than going by a color chart. I'm assuming most tile shops have these behind the counter...

babs... good luck with the Grazia. Many places actually sell them, it just takes a little effort to find where. Originally, I also got my samples from Tile Shop (located in CA). Since I'm in NY, freight shipping was quoted at $400+! That made the tiles too expensive for my budget! Then, I found out a local store also carried them... long story short, I ended up finding my tiles by accident at my local store when I went in to pick up more Grazia samples to make a mockup. The saleslady threw some samples of my tile "just in case you want another color to compare". Funny how these things work out...

• dragonfly08
    11 years ago

Well, I was just cleaning thru our garage with DH and found my extra box of tiles from our kitchen reno and I have a bit of amended info to post, in case anyone is still interested (backsplash decision was one of the more difficult ones I had to make)...

All this time since our kitchen was finished, I kept thinking my tiles were Jeffrey Court's and that the store had referred to them as such on several occasions. But I couldn't find my invoice from Best Tile and their website didn't help. Lo and behold, the label on the side of the box verified that my tiles are, indeed, Jeffrey Court's. Specifically, they are Jeffrey Court 3x6 field tiles, part # 519505 in Glacier.

Not sure if Best Tile has exclusive rights to this particular line, but I'm going to assume that so long as a store carries Jeffrey Court tiles, they can probably order these if needed. Hope this info helps!