Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who makes these sea green glass tiles?

Posted by minneapolisite (My Page) on
Fri, May 25, 12 at 12:23

Anyone know? I love them so much, but can't find them!

Found on Country Living website.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who makes these sea green glass tiles?

Is it possible those tiles are glazed ceramic, not glass? There seems to be more color variation than I would expect from glass tiles.

o

I think many of us have desired to know where to get these tiles. They have long been favorites of mine. I think someone offered that they might possibly be ming green marble.

o

They're iridescent glass tiles. I want to say Oceanside. I hunted information about them months ago but the tile was out of my budget.

Here's the Country Living article about the kitchen. On the fourth page you can see the iridescence of the tiles shining in the bottom left corner. They're beautiful.

http://www.countryliving.com/_mobile/homes/renovation-and-remodeling/waterfront-living-0705

o

AHA! Here they are in a bathroom.

They are Oceanside Glasstile's Casa California & Tessera. I think they are Fleet Blue #027 Iridescent.

o

I am getting oceanside glass tile for my backsplash. That may be moonstone or fleet. It is hard to tell with the lighting. If you don't need a ton, they have an online outlet linked on their main site. Otherwise, it is custom ordered and takes 4 weeks.

I am getting beach blonde in hexagon and 1" square and was able to get my pencils online from their outlet for 40% off.

o

minneapolisite your shower is gorgeous!! I have been searching for the "perfect blue" glass for my shower, based of course on a magazine photo of Walker Zanger's Roku series, and you have it! Thanks for the outlet info, will have to check it out!

o

oh they are gorgeous!

o

That is NOT my shower, unfortunately! Just a link I found!

THANK YOU for the info Finestra!

o

That stuff is gorgeous. What does the field tile cost?

o

Cost wise, I don't think it is a bargain, but I didn't research other tile because I had my heart set on it, so I don't know how it compares to more expensive stuff.

For Tessera a standard color ranges from 30-36 sheet depending on if 1"sq or 2" hexagon. The color I wanted was a blend, so it was closer to $40, maybe even $42 per square foot. I didn't price out other shapes.

I saw sandstone on the outlet and almost switched gears, but I am going whiter rather than sand with the color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here