Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teeda

Installing Cup Pulls on Freezer Drawers

teeda
10 years ago

Hi,
The appliances were delivered yesterday. We have a SZ 36" full door integrated fridge. I was planning to use two 4.25" cup pulls on each of the lower freezer drawers, and an 18" appliance pull on the fridge door. The installer said the we should not use cup pulls on the recessed panels of the freezer drawers as it has been his experience that the wood eventually splits due to the tight seal on the freezer drawers. He said he could put them on the stiles, but I do not like that look.

When I got home I saw that he did go ahead and install the cup pull on the dishwasher panel--but he did a terrible job. It's not centered, and he didn't even insert the posts that the screws go in into the cabinet--the whole thing projects out. I'm wondering if he didn't want to install the cup pulls because they required measuring, centering, etc. (we did leave a detailed drawing of exactly where to install them).

Anyone have experience with this? I'm linking a thread from 2010 with the picture that inspired me to use cup pulls. I love the look.

Thanks for any input.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cup pulls on SZ freezer drawers

Comments (3)