Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installing Cup Pulls on Freezer Drawers

Posted by WMA89 (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 7:18

Hi,
The appliances were delivered yesterday. We have a SZ 36" full door integrated fridge. I was planning to use two 4.25" cup pulls on each of the lower freezer drawers, and an 18" appliance pull on the fridge door. The installer said the we should not use cup pulls on the recessed panels of the freezer drawers as it has been his experience that the wood eventually splits due to the tight seal on the freezer drawers. He said he could put them on the stiles, but I do not like that look.

When I got home I saw that he did go ahead and install the cup pull on the dishwasher panel--but he did a terrible job. It's not centered, and he didn't even insert the posts that the screws go in into the cabinet--the whole thing projects out. I'm wondering if he didn't want to install the cup pulls because they required measuring, centering, etc. (we did leave a detailed drawing of exactly where to install them).

Anyone have experience with this? I'm linking a thread from 2010 with the picture that inspired me to use cup pulls. I love the look.

Thanks for any input.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cup pulls on SZ freezer drawers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installing Cup Pulls on Freezer Drawers

I have them on my freezer draws- no problems. it's alot cheaper! I have the fridge handle on the fridge and it was like 200.00, the cup pulls-like 8.00- big savings and I like the look

o

Another thing to think about is you can open the freezer drawers with your hand facing down (knuckles toward the drawer front) vs having to reach way down and turn your wrist to be able to use the cup pulls. Sounds like a small point, but think about it. I like reaching for that bottom drawer's handle from the top, it would have made me crazy to have to access it from underneath. Just my opinion.

the cup handles do look nice though... ;-)

o

Michelle16--your kitchen is gorgeous! Thanks for the photo.

Beekeeperswife, you make a good point. I'll have to think about that. In the meantime, I'm contacting my cabinet maker to get his opinion. I think I may also have his crew do the hardware installation if they will.

We're crawling to the finish line on this project. I'm so tired of making decisions! Thanks again for your input.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here