Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ni_2006

please share pictures of Bianco Romano or Kashmere White Granite

ni_2006
16 years ago

I love white granites! I have been to a few granite yards and seen Bianco Romano or Kashmere White slabs. Although they are in my budget, my heart does not skip a beat when I see these slabs. Do they look better when they are installed? Can you please share a picture of your countertop if you have Bianco Romano or Kashmere White? Thanks a lot!!

Comments (15)

• cll2008
    16 years ago

ni,

I don't have white granite. Actually I have no granite, yet. lol. But, a poster on here has a white granite called Andromeda. It's not one of the two you mentioend but I guarantee your heart will skip a beat when you look at the pictures of the kitchen. I drool on that kitchen daily.

Search for alku05. Also there are a few threads on here for light granite, there are so many pretty ones.
    Good luck with your granite hunt,
    Crystal

• lisa226
    16 years ago

i get ohhs and ahhs when people walk into my kitchen...i have bianco romano..... lots of cream...beige...spots of garnit..black..amber..brown...my favorite part is the spots of color that look like mother of pearl... good luck finding that perfect granite...took me six granite yards...dozens of samples taken home,..... but am very happy with the choice we made....

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• ni_2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Crystal - I love love love Alku's Andromeda White granite. In fact, I saw Andromeda slabs recently and was told that they recently sold the last 3 slabs! What a disappointment -- both DH and I were crushed!! I thought Bianco Romano or Kashmere White would be a good substitute, although Andromeda is still my very favorite! I guess I will keep on looking.

Lisa- your Bianco Romano looks very different from the ones I have been seeing. It's a lot more beautiful!

• alku05
    16 years ago

C11 is too kind! Here's a picture of our Andromeda:

The second picture posted in this thread shows california_dreamer's heartstoppingly gorgeous bianco romano she has on her island.

Also check out the white granite thread below that contains tons of pictures of various options.

Here is a link that might be useful: White granite thread

• ni_2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Alku, your Andromeda is so wonderful. I can't stop staring at it!

checked out california_dreamer's bianco romano. It looked so similar to another granite (with a different name) that I recently saw at the yard on Saturday. I am wondering if it would be too busy if I use it on my large island (78" x 60") as well as in the perimenter. Any thoughts?

• california_dreamer
    16 years ago

Thanks for the complimet alku. I love bianco romano!
    Here's my slab:

I think it would look great on an island and perimeter. The slab we got has such pretty movement- my decorator actually suggested we use it on all the counters. (But I had my heart set on dark perimeter counters).
    My island is about your size (81"x63"). It is a good size to showcase the interesting movement in the slab.
    Also, I think there is a lot of variation in this particular granite. Mine doesn't have any tan or beige in it. It is just white, silver/gray and some garnet speckles.
    I hope you find just the stone you're looking for!

• alku05
    16 years ago

Ni_2006, I think slabs like Cal_dreamers would look great on the island and perimeter. Indeed if I was able to find slabs like that last year, I'd have it everywhere instead of the Andromeda. (Assuming I could have blackmailed my DH into agreeing on it; he's not a fan of any swirlyness whatsoever.)

• ni_2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

now you guys got me thinking....

Here are pictures of the slab I was talking about. The door color is similar to the one in the picture, but a different style. What do you think of the combination? The slab looks greenish in this light, but it was more grayish white..

• rayrose
    14 years ago

You guys are fortunate. No granite yard in the Carolina's, where I live, has Bianco Romano. Most have not even heard of it.

• lanas
    14 years ago

We really love our Bianco Romano countertops. My husband thinks all the patterns and veining are just wonderful. In the pictures I take, the granite looks washed out. They don't do it justice.

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

This is Bianco Antico and is really pretty up close too.
    {{!gwi}}From Granite

It think this one is White River? I loved the white/dark contrast
    {{!gwi}}From Granite

• jp_mcquillan_gmail_com
    13 years ago

Rayrose,

If your looking for Bianco Romano you should head to your local home depot. They all have it right now and are running a pretty good promotion of 54 dollars a square foot installed with a free sink. My wife and I just returned from ordering ours. So if your having trouble finding it I'd head to Home Depot. I swear I don't work for Home Depot, but the promotion ends March 30th. Happy hunting

• TKM25
    12 years ago

We are redoing our kitchen and are putting in a wenge black/brown cabinet on cherry wood. The cabinets look almost all black, but there are hints of brown running through it. Our kitchen island is going to be different, a black and lighter brown wood horizontal stripe. Our floor is a 18x18 inch tile that looks like slate with greys, browns, etc. I am looking for a lighter counter (white/beige based) to lighten the kitchen up. I want something that won't show fingerprints, food, etc, but not too patterned because of the island (don't want it to look too busy). The granites that I like are Andromeda White, Bianca Romano, and Kashmire White. What are the main diffences of these three granites as you see them? Is there one that you would recommend? Thanks so much for your help.

• debrak_2008
    12 years ago

ni 2006, what did you decide on? I'm also considering these for my island.