Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattyk_64

OK, now that I've seen faucets in real life, here are the final 3

pattyk_64
15 years ago

I was considering pullouts before, but now that I've seen them, I've decided to go with a pulldown faucet.

Delta Leland, the most budget friendly out of the 3, I love how it looks, traditional, but not too much so. DH would prefer if I chose one that wouldn't require more than one hole, just for visual reasons, he likes a cleaner look. On a sidenote, the newer model at the showroom has a button on the pull down now instead of turning the cuff to switch it to a sprayer.

Grohe Ladylux Cafe, the priciest one, (approx $200 more than the Leland) I love how this one feels in my hand and I get the impression that it's better quality somehow. It's more modern looking, and I'm not sure how it will work in a more cottage/traditional looking kitchen. I'm wondering if this faucet is so much better than my other two choices that it's worth paying the extra $$$.

Kohler Vinnata, this one I haven't seen irl yet. I'm really drawn to the fact that you can angle the spray while it's still docked and I like the styling. I'm a little concerned about all the grooves that it might be a little tougher to keep clean, so I'd like to hear from the Vinnata owners about that. I'm a little in the dark about the price on this one, but we'll be hearing back from our plumber with that info.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (28)

• melanie1422
    15 years ago

I covet the Vinnata. Someday, I'd like to have one. Depending on the finish, they seem to run about $500ish online, with the chrome running less.

• donka
    15 years ago

Don't want to confuse your choices, but I did a lot of faucet research and ended up buying the Moen Woodmere pulldown. The thing that sealed the deal for me was that it has a 'pause function' so you can turn the water on, press the button to pause the water coming out so you can pull it over to a pot on the stove or a bucket on the floor or whatever, without getting water everywhere :) It's not installed yet, but it sure does look pretty in the box!

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen Woodmere

• donka
    15 years ago

Eep...I just looked, don't be frightened by the prices on the Moen website, I bought mine at the link below for a couple hundred less.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen Woodmere @ Everyfaucet

• nhbaskets
    15 years ago

I agonized over choosing my faucet. Like your husband, I only wanted one hole for a cleaner look. Looking online, I was sure I wanted the Kohler Vinnata until I actually held it in my hand. Didn't like the way if felt, as it was too stubby in my hand. Then I found the Hansgrohe Swing faucet in a local plumbing showroom. This is the one I went with. If everything goes on schedule, it will be installed two weeks from tomorrow. Can't wait!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hansgrohe Swing Faucet

• plllog
    15 years ago

I've found that online prices for plumbing fixtures are way more than my local high end fancy store.

On the other hand, same store won't sell Kohler faucets any more. I asked on GW and got mixed reviews. I still got one Kohler for the prep sink because it's unique.

Something I love is the old ugly ball joint bubbler. I'm not getting one (a pulldown instead), but they're very useful. That's another plus for the Vinnata. It's both! And good styling.

On quality, what I found out is that it has nothing to do with price. The pricey Italian faucet I fell in love wiht for my main sink (I also loved the feel--that counts for a lot!) has the best record according to the service department, while a lot of similarly priced other brands got shakes of the head. The moderately priced Elkay I got for the laundry room was deemed good enough for the laundry but not the best. The cheap Price-Fister that I originally chose, but got discontinued was also considered to be very high quality.

I like Donka's Woodmere too.

• boxerpups
    15 years ago

This is so exciting.
    I love the look of the Leland Delta the best
    and Ladylux Grohe 2nd.

• msgreatdeals
    15 years ago

I bought the Grohe Lady Lux Cafe but not installed yet. Got it on eBay for $400.

• remodelqueen
    15 years ago

Look at the Grohe Bridgeford. It reminds me of the Vinnata and Ladylux Cafe put together. Those are the 3 I am trying to choose between! Ebay is a great place to shop :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe Bridgeford on Ebay

• pattyk_64
    Original Author
    15 years ago

remodelqueen, I love the Grohe Bridgeford! I don't know how I missed that one.

• donka
    15 years ago

Oooo! That Grohe Bridgeford is nice! Hmmm...looks like it might have an on/off for the water too? Off to research :)

• soundmom
    15 years ago

I just bought the Leland (not installed yet) from Amazon. I think it was a good price. I mainly bought it because I like the idea of the magnet in the head that helps it dock well every time...

• elizpiz
    15 years ago

Patty, looks like no other Vinnata owners have jumped in so I will. I *love* my Vinnata, which I have at the prep sink. It's the shorter version but still a really nice size. Not at all difficult to keep clean and worry free so far.

Eliz

• holligator
    15 years ago

Ditto elizpiz...I *love* my Vinnata! I have two--one at my main sink and one at the prep sink, and they both work great and are easy to keep clean.

• remodelqueen
    15 years ago

I guess I have 4 to choose from now...... I LOVE the Woodmere! How will I ever get through picking out the small items (faucet, hardware, lighting, etc.)!?

• pattyk_64
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My choices seem to have changed a bit now thanks to all of you!
    I've still got the Delta Leland and Kohler Vinnata on the list, but have added Moen Woodmere and Grohe Bridgeford to the mix! I'm leaning towards the Delta or the Moen though, mainly because of price. Thanks for everyone's help I sure appreciate it! I love getting all of these opinions and suggestions, it's very helpful. :)

• Buehl
    15 years ago

I also love my Vinnata! I like how I can dock the head in any "direction" to have a fixed stream or spray in any part of my sink...here's an example:

• marybeth1
    15 years ago

Another Vinnata owner. I love it! I have the chrome. No problem keeping clean. What sold me on it over the Grohe Ladylux was the continous spray.

• pattyk_64
    Original Author
    15 years ago

buehl & marybeth1: You're Vinnata's are gorgeous! I think I would get that one if it was a little closer to my price range. Surprisingly Grohe is much more affordable here, or maybe just to my plumber. I'm in Canada (not sure if that is the difference) and I can get the Grohe Bridgeford in chrome for (plumbers cost) $392 and the Vinnata in the same finish for $530. The SS finishes are just too out of reach for me, but that's OK, I love them in chrome too. So it looks like it will be the Grohe Bridgeford in chrome for $392, or the Delta Leland in Stainless for $308. I'm really leaning towards the Grohe at this point, the quality feels wonderful and it has a good feel in my hand. DH prefers the single hole installation too, so that might just seal the deal for me.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

The Vinnata in polished chrome is $356.44 on FaucetDirect.com. No, that doesn't include shipping, but I thought I'd give you another option for purchasing it.

Interestingly, the Grohe Bridgeford (chrome) is $362.40!

The Delta Leland (chrome) is only $175.81; SS is $235.59.

Do you have to buy from your plumber?

• marybeth1
    15 years ago

I bought my own Vinnetta too at a plumbing supply house for $405.27 total.

• crissy_2009
    15 years ago

I've got to chime in on this because I need your help. There is currrently a Grohe in the house we just bought that I am looking to replace with a new one since it's old and looks cruddy. I can't decide on the Grohe or Price Pfister. We currently have a PF and when it leaked they sent replacement parts at no cost to me with no hassle. I liked that guarantee. I'm also looking for the 360 degree swivel since my sink is huge. The Grohe LadyLux Plus has a Dual Spray control to switch from spray to regular flow, the Ladylux Cafe you show seems to have a button you have to hold in. I do like the Vinnetta - you can point the head and keep the stream or spray on. Now I have a strange question - on the Grohe, there are red and blue marks (hot/cold), but I can't seem to see if they are on any of the others, the Vinnetta or PF. I've also read that some folks had problems with the pull-down ones like the ones displayed here in that they had to push the hose back up into the sprayer because after a while it wouldn't release up easily.
    So, bottom line, I need a great guarantee, a 360 swivel, a head that locks spray/stream, one where the hose will last and I was looking for one that goes with a black granite sink (but not chrome, we have horrible hard water)..........any suggestions?

• pattyk_64
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Buehl: I've considered buying from somewhere like amazon, but because I'm in Canada, I have to factor in currency exchange (at this point, I'd have to add about 20-25% for that, plus possible duty depending on where it's manufactured, shipping, mail service fee etc. So no I don't have to buy from the plumber, but he's giving it to us at his cost, so I think it's probably the best deal I can get right now.

I think at this point it's between the Delta and the Grohe because those are the styles I prefer and the Grohe (in chrome) is about as expensive as I can comfortably go. I'm just debating between the magnetic docking of the Delta (along with the great price) or the looks, quality and one hole installation of the Grohe.

If my Dad was alive, he would say to me "You've got high-class problems toots" lol I'm probably overthinking this whole thing... :)

• fishbj
    15 years ago

Lovely looking faucets; however, I would like a single lever pullout in a bronze color.......shorter, rather than taller..........any suggestions?

• elizpiz
    15 years ago

Patty, I'm in Canada and bought my Vinnata from the US. In fact bought all my faucets and the sink online. Mind you, that was when the dollar was more in line with our Canadian $$, but I still saved. Didn't have to pay for shipping. If you are interested, I will dig and find our where I ordered from (can't remember off the top of my head).

Eliz

• pattyk_64
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Eliz, that's sweet of you. I had to make a quick decision this last week as the granite went in yesterday. I actually had told DH that I wanted the Delta Victorian and even though he said I could get what I wanted, he really wanted the Grohe, so we went with that. I thought I was going to make him so happy with my budget choice, but no such luck, lol. It sounds crazy, but I'm a little disappointed. I have been able to make most of the choices, but he has a definite opinion on some things, so I'll give him that one. The other thing he's standing firm on is the backsplash tile, he really wants some kind of natural stone, no shiny porcelain tiles. That will be my next decision to agonize over, hopefully it won't take as long as the faucet choice.

• mcraney
    15 years ago

Pattyk, I have had my Grohe Ladylux for about three years now. My current kitchen is traditional and our new kitchen will be (I hope) a blend of cottage and traditional. I love my faucet. It still looks new and is very easy to clean. A quick swipe of the dishcloth and I'm done. It has never shown any water spots.

I am sure you will be happy with your choice. We are planning our remodel and my Ladylux is the only thing in my kitchen that I am keeping.

Julie

• shipshape
    15 years ago

I got the Delta last week for $197 online. Like the look a lot, I got SS because I don't like wiping chrome all the time to keep it shiny.
    Haven't installed it yet, I like the long pulldown and the lever shape. I got just the two piece, no soap dispenser.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

crissy_2009...you'll get better answers to your questions if you start your own thread! Most people posting to this message are answering the OP's questions!

fishbj...go to any faucet site and filter your choices by "single lever" and "pullout"...maybe even "bronze". You should be able to find several different styles. Some sites: FaucetDirect.com, FaucetDepot.com, even Amazon.com. There are many others. You might even check your local Home Depot, Lowes, or plumbing supply store to see faucets in "real life".

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio