Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Show me your white appliance kitchens, please

lisa_a
15 years ago

I'm finding very few inspirational photos in magazines that show white appliance kitchens so I'm hoping you GWers are willing to show me your kitchens. I tried the finished kitchen blog section but the link to white/cream appliances is broken (dang!). I've already found threads with kitchen photos for raehelen, babbie, harriethomeowner and ma-bookreader.

TIA!

Comments (21)

• mfrog
    15 years ago

This is from my new kitchen, you can also go & look at my old kitchen in the finished kitchen blog (mfrog)
    I know they look quite alike, I know what I like! :)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: mfrog's kitchen

• smilingjudy
    15 years ago

I'm not sure I qualify since only my fridge is white, but here ya go:

Here is a link that might be useful: thread with more pics

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting, mfrog and smilingjudy. Your lovely kitchens are so different from each other; it's very helpful to see white appliances used in different styles.

I figured out how to find white appliance kitchens in the finished kitchen blog but it's tedious. I'm going through the alphabet and using the quick view tool. If I see white appliances, I click through. I've found more than I expected to see.

Anyone else?

• bestyears
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    We are doing a creamy cabinet kitchen with cream appliances so I've been looking for pictures as well. Here are a couple:

From Country Living:
    {{!gwi}}

From a GW post: (I don't have the name of the GW'er, sorry)
    {{!gwi}}

Hope this helps some-
    Lynn

• bojideb
    15 years ago

To me oak and white is very warm and comfortable. We redid our kitchen just over 2 years ago, but had to replace the counters--so I finally got my granite last month!

Same kitchen, new granite!

• ice1
    15 years ago

Here is my white glossy kitchen with white appl. My hob is missing that is stainless steel .
    I have lived in this house for 9 months and still love it.
    would do it all over again.The micro and dishwasher are integrated.
    Ice

• Maria410
    15 years ago

Here are my white appliances. My range (American Range) is great because it gives me a stainless top for ease of cleaning but the white face. My DH and I are not fans of all stainless appliances. Just our preference.

Pardon the mess. We are still under construction. The door and window frames will eventually be white. The floors are being started today.

• caryscott
    15 years ago

I picked up the Better Homes and Gardens Book "Kitchen Idea File" off of the remainders table for $7.00 and it has 6-7 kitchens with white appliances in it.

• Circus Peanut
    15 years ago

Here's my cherry/fir kitchen with my white stove:

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, everyone! I was lacking inspiration for how to design with white appliances, I asked, and you all came through. Fabulous (as are all of your kitchens).

maria410, please tell me about your American Range range. I'm not familiar with this brand at all. We might go with a range instead of a cooktop/wall oven (what we currently have) and I've been keeping an eye out for ranges with finishes just like yours (pickings are slim).

suzatwork, I think I'm leaning towards pale tan painted cabs but honestly, I haven't made up my mind yet. Seeing your and others white appliances paired with medium to darker woods is so helpful.

caryscott, I'll have to go look for that book - thanks! Remainder table at Border's or where?

• Maria410
    15 years ago

American Range has made restaurant equipment for over 30 years. They have a residential line. I picked it because it is simple, has a nice cook top layout, has sealed burners, and a very large oven -- holds commercial cookie sheets. It also does not have many electronics which was high on my list because I had a Thermador range die after 1.5 years because of a "burned out" board. I lived for over a month without burners while I waited for parts. Warning, the oven on the American Range is not self-cleaning -- not a feature I ever use.

I believe a lot of the professional type ranges have color options. I know my neighbor has a white Viking range.

This range is not for the budget faint-at-heart. With tax my range cost right around $4K. It was a present I gave myself.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Range Residential

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the info, maria410. I did a little research on AR and discovered it's all gas. I love my gas cooktop (wouldn't do anything else) but I've never used a gas oven before. Had you used one before you bought your AR? If not, was it a difficult adjustment? I think I'd have a hard time selling the rest of the family on a gas stove (not even sure if I'd like it).

circuspeanut, we posted at the same time so I missed your kitchen (lovely!). Love the antique stove! It reminds me of the one my grandma used. Did you refurbish it or was it already done?

I'm fine with my appliance color selection but dang I wish there were more choices available in white. Almost every time I think I've found the right cooktop, range or oven (haven't decided which option works best), I discover it's only offered in SS. My designer has said that we can make it work if I end up with one appliance in SS because the accent tile we're using has 1x1" squares of steely gray (along with tan, cream, white and some cool burnt sugar looking glass).

Did any of you run into this same frustration?

• starpooh
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry about the broken FKB link for the white/cream appliances! I didn't realize that several of the links were broken until a few days ago when GilmoreGal sent me an email.
    The links are fixed now.

If you find anything else broken pls let me know! starpooh@gmail.com
    Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchens in FKB with white/cream appliances

• caryscott
    15 years ago

lisa_a

The remainders table at our Canadian Borders equivalent Chapters. I've seen copies at a few different locations so it isn't in short supply. Good luck!

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Starpooh! That will save me loads of time searching one by one.

And thanks caryscott, I'll check our local Borders to see what they have on hand.

• Maria410
    15 years ago

lisa_a -- I have almost always used all gas ranges. My Thermador was dual fuel and I never got used to the electric. I actually prefer the gas but I think it is what I am used to.

I understand from folks on the Appliance forum that the oven on the American Range is really nice. It has two fans for convection and was designed for professional bakers. I am far from a professional baker but I am sure I will become one now ... LOL!

Right now my American Range is hanging out in the dining area -- floors were repaired yesterday. I haven't yet tried the oven or even done its first burn off. Maybe this weekend.

• mfrog
    15 years ago

I changed from all electric to all propane, I love it. I bake quite a bit & was told that propane would be very wet, I certainly haven't found it a problem. I made a pumpkin pie last weekend (told pies wouldn't come out well) You certainly couldn't have told me the pie wasn't good, no one complained, it wasn't wet at all.

I do know what you mean about finding white appliances, I struggled with it too.

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the info, maria410 and mfrog, about using a non-electric oven. I'll remember this if our situation changes and an all-gas range becomes a possibility. It looks like we'll be keeping our gas cooktop/electric wall oven set-up. Hubby is quite insistent that the cooktop stays in the island. He asks so little so I can give him this.

mfrog, shopping for white appliances is just the pits! I had no idea when I started what I'd run into. It wasn't this difficult when we replaced our dishwasher 5 years ago. I know most want SS so it's more cost effective for manufacturers to only offer SS (plus it's got a bigger mark-up) but I gotta wonder how many customers ended up with SS because there weren't other choices, especially in the high end appliance realm. We are going with a SS cooktop (will blend better with our granite than white) and I can say I'm relieved to know I will have a much bigger selection to choose from.

• boxerpups
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa-a,
    I used to have white appliances. I agree it is hard to find
    white appliances in updated kitchens but I know they sell them.
    In fact JennAir has these beautiful white appliances
    on their web site.
    http://www.jennair.com/home.jsp
    It is really a floating glass with white but it looks
    amazing.

Here are some pic that might help you. The nice thing
    about white is that White can be modern, country or
    retro. White goes with so much and stays clean looking.
    Good luck
    ~boxerpups

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• mfrog
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa;
    I know I bought the electrolux range because the range I really wanted, the 5 star, came in white but the price was way out of my budget for this house. I've been pleased with the electrolux so far.
    In my last house, I had an antique range so it wasn't a problem. I feel your pain, it took me about 3 months to finally decide on appliances, every time we went to town to look my poor DH would just roll his eyes! :)