Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Exterior Single French Door ?

Posted by cindyinct (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 16:18

I believe it was Katie Bob's 2nd kitchen that had an exterior door that was black (a single french door style). Someone else on this blog said they copied it. I'm trying to remember who that was. Does anyone remember? I'd like to find out if the door was a wood painted door, and if so, what color and type of paint was used.

Thanks,
Cindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Exterior Single French Door ?

One thing to consider is if you have double paned insulated glass, and most people should in order to keep the warm/cold out, then painting your door a dark color will void the warranty. You would need to find a manufacturer that offers black as a special order color and is willing to guarantee the integrity of the seal between the glass.

o

Perhaps they did order a black special order door. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I stopped at a local door shop and was told they didn't have any black doors.

o

LWO,
We installed an exterior double paned, insulated glass, single french door during our kitchen reno.
There was no restriction on what color the door was going to be painted.
Ours is a fiberglass door.
Would that make a difference?

o

dotcomgone

see link

Here is a link that might be useful: dotcomgone's kitchen

o

Thanks beekeeperswife. That was very helpful. I believe katieob15 and someone else did a black door as well. The 2nd person even mentioned that she copied katie's door in her notes. Do you remember who that was? I don't see Katie's kitchen in the finished kitchen blog.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here