Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zkitch92

Cream kitchen

zkitch
13 years ago

I need help with my cream cabinets don't know where to start i want a lighter granite but not white and not sure of floor and backslash if anyone can post pics of their cream kitchen it would be great

also if anyone has Executive cabinetry in vanilla stain an you tell me about it

THANKS!!!!

Comments (11)

• blfenton
    13 years ago

Cream shaker-style cabinets, hazelnut stained maple floors, giallo ornamentale (light) granite, the peninsula has a dark stained maple overhang, copper tile (1x4) backsplash behind stove, light grey matte subway tiles for the rest of the backsplash.
    I'm techno-challenged therefore no pics until kids are finished university exams in May.
    Try the FKB under white/cream kitchens for photos.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

I agree to look on ten Finished Kitchen Blog to see lots of kitchens. Kashmir White and White River are popular very light granites. Lots of the lighter granites are very gold. Do you like that? I thought I did, but then found myself steering away from goldfish slabs. I recommend wood floors, but I understand that some folks love in warmer climates than I and need tile instead.

• mailfox7
    13 years ago

Medallion cabinets in Morel with heirloom finish
    Countertops quartzite verde lichen
    backsplash calcutta gold subway tiles
    Oak floors

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

I have a cream cabinet run. Make sure you bring the door home and see it in the natural lighting of your space. I wanted bright white but got talked into cream and still wish I had bright white.

As you can see from my kitchen, I prefer a wood floor. I think a walnut stain/floor looks great with cream...or a natural white oak.

Counters: Costa Esmerelda is gorgeous. There are so many beautiful stones out there but I think you would need to define your price point.

And I am definitely partial to subway tile. Makes the backsplash choice a bit easier ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: my schuler divinity (cream) cabinets

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Hi Zkitch,

I don't have a cream kitchen, But, I do have some images
    of cream cabinets. I love light granites with cream cabs and
    wood floors. Costa Esmeralda is beautiful.
    ~boxer

Executive Cabinets (A gardenweb post)
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0208082222412.html

Costa Esmeralda

Providence

Ashcroft Views

giallo Granite by Dimensional Stone

Sienna Cream granite by Paramount Granite Co.

Central MN Homes

Crystal Chandy

Cuisine-Ensoleille

Decorpad

Cream Subway tile backsplash

Delicatus Granite from home Reno Source

Golden Leaf Granite

Giallo Granite

Here is a link that might be useful: Important link from GW about Executive

• cardamon
    13 years ago

Zkitch, I have Executive cabinets. They are painted a cream color, either pearl or vanilla, a cream color anyway. The door style was Rockefeller flat. I like the cabinets a lot. I have a light granite called vintage that is like Alaska White but seems have not as much brown. I was cost comparing Medallion and a few others and I liked the finish of the Executive. HTH

• zkitch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone for this information i it really helpfull!!!!

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

bump

• joan2121
    13 years ago

Zkitch,
    I have cream white cabinets. counter choice was a big decision for me! First I wanted soapstone, then I wanted a white marble, but ended up with giallo ornamental granite and I am happy with the choice. I think it made my kitchen warm and goes well with the oak wood floor.
    My kitchen is not finished, but here's a picture. Good luck! If you search on the FKB you'll see lots of creamy white kithens for inspiration.

• SusieQusie60
    13 years ago

Boxer - certainly don't want to hi-jack, but can you tell me what the backsplash is in the "Decorpad" image? It looks very "rustic" to me from that picture...like it might go in my kitchen! Thanks -

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

Must look for Shanghaimom's kitchen....love her kitchen so much! It has class, light, everything you would want in a pretty creamy kitchen.

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus