Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acmnick

Executive Kitchens Closed!

acmnick
14 years ago

I am a constant lurker, and do not post much. I came across this story about executive kitchens in SC closing. I am wondering if any of you have been affected by other companies' closings? What a shame.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/22609925/detail.html

Comments (9)

• ccoombs1
    14 years ago

I heard that one the news last week. The employees got no notice....just a written termination notice when they arrived for work. It's scary when well established businesses just close up like that. I wonder how many customers got left holding the bag? It's the reason I have not put a deposit on an expensive wood stove I want. If I start paying for it now to take delivery next fall and then the company goes bankrupt, I get to stand in line behind all of the other folks they owe money to. Too much of a chance for me.

• ccoombs1
    14 years ago

Here's a link. It's really sad that the employees were not even given any notice or warning that they were going to lose their jobs. The economy in South Carolina is pretty bad and those 180 employees will have a hard time getting new jobs very quickly.

Here is a link that might be useful: news story

• homechef
    14 years ago

They are actually back in business. They were closed for about three weeks but were able to reopen. I'm getting their cabinets priced now.

• runninginplace
    14 years ago

Homechef, I am too. Dealing with a contractor/kitchen center who really likes Executive. The contractor told me that the firm had a line of credit pulled, which was the cause of the sudden closing. And there is now a letter on their website announcing that the firm is under new management and open for business.

I just got a first quote and it is definitely better than the one for Shiloh cabinets I got last year. I'm cautiously optimistic; the cabinets are all plywood, soft close drawers and what I saw at the showroom looked really nice.

• sue_b
    14 years ago

They are nice! My new bath vanity if from Executive Cabinets (that's the name on their website now). Plus they have a line of green cabinetry with sustainable woods and water based finishes. The drawers are tongue and groove (I think that's what it's called!)

• PRO
    Executive Kitchens
    8 years ago

I would appreciate that all of the posts about Executive Kitchens closing down to be taken down

I am the Director of Executive Kitchens in Box Hill Sout Victoria Australia We have been established for 17 years with a very high reputation

I find that these posts about the other Executive Kitchens is causing confusion in the market

Regards

Paul Robinson

Director

Executive Kitchens

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Paul Robinson, we are all members here and have no control over the threads. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll see a 'Contact Us' link. With that, you can send the administrators a message. Thank you for the clarification.

• 12crumbles
    8 years ago

What was the point of reviving a 5 year old thread?