Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Slab door cabinets owners - please show me your pulls or knobs?

Posted by thedork (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 21:07

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Slab door cabinets owners - please show me your pulls or knob

Looking for ideas too!! Here is a picture of the cabinets. Rift cut oak with a black/grey wash. They are smooth as silk. Can't figure out a pull that would work. Ideas?
Thanks!!

photo DSC_1795_zps03c08ff7.jpg

photo DSC_1791_zps0c841e9b.jpg

o

LauraT, that looks like an incredible space. All those windows, wow! That is going to be spectacular.

Here's our slab doors in Baltic birch with Amerock Princetonian pulls.

o

Here are our maple cabs with Ikea pulls.

This post was edited by karen_belle on Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 12:12

o

This picture shows almost all of our cabs/drawers/handles. We used the middle size (~8-8.5"?) on most of the cabs/drawers. We used the smallest size (~5") on the 12" wide drawer to the left of the range, and the largest size (12") on the DW, trash cab, and over-the-fridge cab door.

full shot 1.jpg photo fullshot1-1.jpg

o

kind of a far-away pic, but you get the idea. we went with the standard, stainless steel bar pulls.

photo 67C2C074-0C33-4DB2-B423-8B1C1793D83A-27875-000009BDF0770975.jpg

o

Cat_mom: what is the wood and stain on your cabinets? Thank you!

All are beautiful kitchens! Thanks for sharing!

I am still stuck on the wood and stain of the cabinets - want not too modern and not too woody, grainy more sleek look of the wood - not sure if cherry is my best bet. I don't want too dark, not too light since my floors are golden oak hardwood floor and I need some contrast.

o

photo 010-1.jpg

My hardware and cabinets are from IKEA.Your cabinets are are gorgeous. I think I would be tempted to show them off with just very simple tab-type pulls.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tab pulls something like this. . .

o

I was thinking of those but they require the cabinet maker to route the drawers @ $10 each. That's about $400 not including the hardware. Yes, yes, in the grand scheme of costs it's not that bad but I am up to about 10 of those, "it's only an extra $300" things in our 1500sqft remodel. It adds up. But then again, I do hear that people's biggest regret is not spending the extra $ to get it right. :)

The cabinets did come out more beautifully than I ever anticipated so why scar them ?

o

Here's mine:

o

thedork, cabs are cherry (veneer) stained with a quarter-cut or 25% Harvest Gold stain (basically watered down stain). The cabs looked "naked" (natural) when they were delivered, but the stain helps to "control" (even out?) the naturally occurring ambering, or darkening of the cherry.

o

I don't have photos, but I use these.

Here is a link that might be useful: pulls

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here