Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_tlc_gw

Please vote on my hardware choices!

mrs_tlc
16 years ago

I'm having a tough time choosing and need some help. The order I post them is not necessarily my order of preference.

#1 This is the least expensive out of all and I thought it would compliment the rope moulding at the base of the upper cabinets. I wish I could find longer ones like this.

{{!gwi}}

#2 Ancient bronze cup pulls. Also has knobs to match for the doors

{{!gwi}}

#3 Don't remember the name of this one. Not sure if it's too busy

{{!gwi}}

#4 Hyde Park ORB Pretty but understated? Also more than I wanted to spend.

{{!gwi}}

#5 I forget the name of this one but its also ORB finish

{{!gwi}}

As you can see I am leaning toward the ORB because of our cabinet finish (shown here)

If you have any you would like to suggest to me I'm ALL EARS since I seem to not be able to pick something on my own! LOL

Comments (24)

• debbie_2008
    16 years ago

My fav would be #1 for the same reason you gave.

Can I ask what faucet you are using..finish? I have oil rubbed bronze hardware now and going to use a stainless faucet. I hear they should match, doesn't matter..blah blah blah

• kelleg69
    16 years ago

I like the top choice. Though, I have to say I am not a huge fan of cup pulls, though, except in some kitchens--especially vintage looking ones. I think the rope on the top will look good with your cabinets.

• nymommy
    16 years ago

I like 2 and 4. I love the ORB so I don't think you can go wrong with any choice

• annie1971
    16 years ago

I like the shape of #3 - but it looks a little gray to me and I don't really care for the two-toned look. I like #1 as well, as long as it's not as rusty as it's looking on my monitor.
    Sorry, my favorite is the one that's more than you wanted to spend (maybe you should eliminate it from the line up if you don't want to spend that much). I vote for #4 or or #1.
    Annie

• User
    16 years ago

I like the first one best (I was considering something like that too and was really torn). For the cup pulls, I like the simpler one Hyde Park.

• iwantakitchen
    16 years ago

I like number one for your kitchen because of the rope trim on the cabinet.

• dd70
    16 years ago

I love #2 the best and it wuold look good but I also think #1 would look good.

• pbrisjar
    16 years ago

I've seen a version of #1 in person. Those mounting points wind up looking really awkward / clumsy.

I love the lines of the last one (#5) but I'm also not a fan of cup pulls.

How about something like this:
    https://www.cabinetknob.com/products.php?category=DH&section=LILLE&item=415-128DACM&leadchar=0

• sandsonik
    16 years ago

I think #1 would look nice with your cabinets, but if you're looking for the cup pull for the drawers and to match #1, I can't tell if any of them do. I don't think I'd like all cup pulls, on both cabinets and drawers.

Of the cup pulls I like 4 best (sorry!) and also #5, but then I tend to like simpler cup pulls and #2 and #3 just aren't my style.

• bmorepanic
    16 years ago

Number 2 for the contrast of line to curves.

• beach.blonde
    16 years ago

I like the first one. But I also do not like cup pulls.

• amcofar
    16 years ago

I second beach_blonde

• ditsyquoin
    16 years ago

# 4 is really classy and #5 is good less expensive alternative. 2 and 3 are pretty bad. I would do some more shopping as #1 is fine for the cabinets but doesn't match the cup pulls.

• mrs_tlc
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for that suggestion pbrisjar. I like it alot and so does dh. I had seen that one but didn't really focus on it when I looked through that website. It is definitely in the running. We both also like the smaller vertical pulls for the doors as opposed to knobs.

• raehelen
    16 years ago

I like #1 for the warm color and for how well it matches the trim on your cabinets.

How big is it? And does your and DH's hand fit comfortably into it? I ask because it would bug me to have to use just two fingers to pull open cupboards.

• pbrisjar
    16 years ago

You're welcome. If it wasn't for the fact that we already have our (non-returnable) hardware, I'd be advocating for them myself. I just love the lines.

(We have rope trim in our crown moulding and lines / waves throughout the kitchen.)

• mysterymachine
    16 years ago

My vote is with pbrisjar... it has a simple elegance to it. #1 is a tad too "matchy" with your trim on the light valence for my tastes.

• sherilynn
    16 years ago

I have rope on my crown molding and considered rope on the handles. I found a rather bland colored ORB knob with very slight gold undertones (not brassy) instead of copper to use in my kitchen. The color would look great in your kitchen. This knob and the handle would certainly compliment your upper cabinets with the cathedral detailing. The knob sells for $1.49 and handle $1.95 from a wonderful seller that I bought from on eBay. Here's the handle.

Here is a link that might be useful: ORB handle from redbuyer2000

• User
    16 years ago

like pbrisjar's suggestion, too

• User
    16 years ago

Me too! me too! I really like Pbrisjar's shopping find. It is strong and makes a statement, but not overpowering at all. Very very nice.

• Flowerchild
    16 years ago

Another vote for pbrisjar's great find. Perfect!

Here is a link that might be useful: Handle shopping find

• cpang74
    16 years ago

#5 absolutely-I love cup pulls-and this one has the rope design repeated to me!

• mrs_tlc
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Debbie2008, my faucet is a brushed stainless or brushed nickel. I'm not sure which. It was given to us by a friend who is an interior decorator. I don't think that the faucet necessarily has to match the faucet. Someone told me a while back (on this board) to look around the rest of my house at the other types of metal. My kitchen is in the middle of the house between my family room and formal dining room and I have a high-top bistro set right beside the breakfast bar that is a dark bronze finish and a big metal arch sclupture on the wall by it that is a dark bronze-like finish. HTH

• mrs_tlc
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Raehelen - that is a very very good point that I hadn't thought of. If the cup pulls (which I love) are only 3 5/8 wide it might be difficult. We are leaning toward the leaning toward the palm leaf handles that pbrisjar found because they come in the longer length. DH is actually going to "photoshop" them into the kitchen picture so I can get an idea of how they will look!