Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucretzia_gw

Lucretzia's kitchen cabinets from Jacob

lucretzia
14 years ago

I dragged my DH away from installing tile so that he could upload some pictures for me. :-)

Here how they look just after they were installed...

Comments (26)

• darbuka
    14 years ago

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product!

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you. They are coming back next week to finish the moldings in several areas etc.

• shelayne
    14 years ago

OOh, I love the color! What color are those cabinets?

It looks amazing! Can't wait to see pics with the moldings and such!

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The color is Sherwin-Williams Creme. They will also make adjustments next week in cabinet alignment, etc, but there is almost nothing to be done. They did a great job and I am very pleased.

• shelayne
    14 years ago

Thanks for the color info--I just may have to get a sample of that. I love how it looks on my monitor.

This cabinet color business is really making my head spin. LOL.

• cotehele
    14 years ago

I love everything about you kitchen. Thanks for the pictures!

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Cotehele. You had helped with some of it.

I need help now from everyone with backsplash and hardware. Have a post up with samples. Maybe I can figure out how to attach link. Yikes, I'm still in middle ages.

• daisychain01
    14 years ago

Those are absolutely stunning cabinets. I am so in love with the colour - is it as wonderful in person? It's like white with a bit of personality.

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I was expecting whiter - it is a bit yellow especially in afternoon sun. But it is pretty and you can't dislike for the workmanship of them.

• amberley
    14 years ago

I love the layout SO much. The cabs and color are beautiful. How wide is your hutch cabinet with the glass doors?

I can't wait to see more!

• chicken1020
    14 years ago

Wow they look great! The color and all the little details are beautiful. Can't wait to have him make my cabinets!

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much.

Amberly, the width of the hutch is 5 1/2 feet.

• robinson622
    14 years ago

Yay!!! They are beautiful! Warm and inviting, for sure. The soapstone you mentioned on another post will look fantastic in that kitchen. I'm so glad you had a great experience with Jacob. We will definitely be using him, and those are the same cabinets we chose. Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Congrats!
    Lori

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good luck Lori! Sounds like Jacob will be busy. Just have patience, as the contact with him is generally limited to a 1/2 hour a day.

Amberly, I was researching dark large wooden knobs and saw that you are interested in using them also. Do you think they would go in my kitchen?

• plllog
    14 years ago

Wow! Great seeing how it all is coming together, off the page. Looks great!

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Pretty cabinets!

• mythreesonsnc
    14 years ago

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more, this is going to be classic and gorgeous!

• rookie_2010
    14 years ago

They are beautiful! I can't wait to see them with the soapstone installed! I really love the hutch and the floor to ceiling wall. I just had a kitchen of a similar color installed. I went with a white marble mosaic backsplash but haven't chose hardware yet.....

• jb1176
    14 years ago

Who is Jacob? Tell me more about this craftsman. Your cabinets are beautiful and as everyone has said the color is perfect for your space.

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everybody. Makes me feel a little more confident, but still afraid of messing it up with the wrong backsplash, hardware or lighting. This is so tough!

Rookie, I was thinking of two options: (l)just using a large slab of the calacutta marble behind the stove, with wainscotting elsewhere, but not sure how that will look. And (2), a glazed terra cotta 4x4 which I have pictures of in another post.

Jb1176, Jacob is an Amish cabinet maker. The name of his shop is Oxford Cabinet Shop in Oxford, Pa. He has a showroom. There are posts here about him, which is how I learned of him. His work is excellent. You must have a lot of patience and time to go this route, as you can only speak to him 1/2 hour a day between 8:30 and 9am Then, you go back and forth as you make your revisions on the phone or fax, which is checked once a day. I am really happy though. His prices make sense if you go the inset route; otherwise I don't believe there is a huge advantage. It cost around $21,000 for what he did and there are alot of nice details.

• desertsteph
    14 years ago

Amish woodworkers are awesome! we had them build an addition to a house in the 70's. great work.

I think the BS tiles will be bland with the color of your cabs tho. are there some accent tiles you could use with them? maybe adding in some metallic or a zingy color from one of your favorite dishes/platters? pencil line type accent or small squares on a diagonal?

• amberley
    14 years ago

lucretzia- They would be perfect in your space!! I am doing painted cabs also, in F&B Old White (putty color) with dark stained English style wood knobs. Pirula and allison_0704 have them also. They are SO inexepensive compared to metal, warm to the touch, easily touched up if worn, give a real warmth to the decor, shall I go on?

I have a hutch area VERY similar to yours- except mine is only 12" deep due to space constraints (we have doorways on either side as well. My cabs there are 4 1/2 feet, instead of your 5 1/2 feet. We hadn't done an upper yet- it is tricky bcs of the HVAC. Anyways, the reason I am telling you this is that I will probably paint those cabs a different color (possibly the same as the trim) and I would then paint the knobs to match. Both are a very English look. If you are looking for inspiration try google images for any English bespoke cabinetry company.

I really can't wait to see the whole space put together. It really looks wonderful.

• marthavila
    14 years ago

Your cabs are just gorgeous! I also love the way you describe your living area. I'm joining the chorus of those who can't wait to see it all come together! And it will. :-)

• scrappy25
    14 years ago

How much did they (Oxford) help you with the kitchen design, how many visits did you make to finalize the order?
    thanks!

• beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
    14 years ago

lucretzia, your cabinets are gorgeous and I love the color, very much like what I'm hoping for after we start building our new house next year; I'm fairly new here and haven't posted much but had to say something about your cabinets! I love the English farmhouse style, which is why I have the pic below in my collection of inspiration pics -- your mention of the oversize wooden knobs made me think of it. And I like option (1) best for your backsplash, or a variation like this,

From Kitchen pics

It will be great fun to watch your kitchen come together!

Here is a link that might be useful: Great British Kitchens website

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for these encouraging comments and feedback. I am so afraid of making costly mistakes, so do appreciate all the help I am getting from you.

Scrappy, you will need to have a pretty good idea of your design, although if you are in the area, maybe they will send someone to measure for you. Jacob is good with the technical stuff. He subcontracts the installation to a guy he uses pretty much exclusively. DH did the measuring as we are 3 1/2 hours away. Most of the contact was via mail (traditional, not "e"), telephone, and some fax. We visited two days in a row, on a trip we took down in the fall.

I posted some inspiration picks on my other post with the big knobs, wainscot backsplash, marble backsplash, tile backsplash etc. See this link Help before I ruin my almost finished kitchen

Beckysharp, thank you for the pic. I guess what I was referring to would be similar, but the marble would be just behind the stove. I wonder if it is not repeated anywhere else, if it would be funny. I think I like the concept of being understated, so that there isn't marble everywhere.

Amberley, your talent is so impressive, and your enthusiasm wonderful. I love it.