Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toddimt

Show me your closet pantry doors - pic's please

toddimt
15 years ago

I am looking for idea's for the door on my soon to be closet pantry. Also, looking to see what is the smallest size practical door as well. My pantry is about 4' wide and approx 2' deep.

Please post pics (both pen and closed if you have them) as well as pantry size and pantry door (width) dimensions of your closet style pantry.

Comments (9)

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

Here's mine. It's a 24" door, although a narrower one might have worked. It's a special order from Home Depot, made by feather river.

• jaymielo
    15 years ago

We had double cafe style doors made for our modest sized pantry. They work nicely, because even open, you can easily move by the aisle between the pantry and island.

• friedajune
    15 years ago

Check out my favorite pantry door - Buehl's (sorry Buehl if I've beaten you to the punch in answering this post--I couldn't help myself!). Buehl gives the source information about half-way through the thread I have linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread about Buehl's Pantry

• friedajune
    15 years ago

Oh, I just realized that Ccoombs1 already posted with the same glass door as Buehl's.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

AkChicago...Both you & Ccoombs1 beat me to it!

• toddimt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Both Ccoombs1 & Buehl's pantry's are corner types. Mine is just on the flat wall and rectangular. Its 4' along the back wall and then approx 2' deep.

I think I will put shelves along one side of the 2' depth and then along the back wall (like an L). The L will be on the right side and the door will be shifted to the left side. So if there were 12" deep shelves at a min on the L side, I would have approx 30" or so of opening for a door or doors. If any shelf was deeper, then it would be smaller. If it was a single door it would swing right. Immediately to the left of the pantry is the doorway to the hallway. So there is a space issue here and therefore tying to see how small of a door I can put in and still be comfortable to get in and out as well as access the stuff on the right side that forms the L. Does this make sense?

A friend of mine has the same door on hers. Can't remember though if you can see the stuff on the shelves through it or not. This style is on my list if a single door would work.

• sundownr
    15 years ago

Here is my pantry and doors. I have since added the elpha shelving on the other door also. And yes, it's a mess.

{{!gwi}}

The pantry is the two doors on the left wall.

{{!gwi}}

Mine has an L on the left side and it's hard to use the space in the corner. I don't think I would do an L again in a space this size. I measured and the depth of my pantry is 24" and the two doors (not including the door frames) are 48" wide. The shelving on the doors holds a lot of little stuff that would be hard to store on shelves.

Good luck with your decision!

Cindy

• nutbunch
    15 years ago

Our closet is 36 wide, 2ft deep (about as the walls were not plumb). We got a special order door from HD "Hamilton" that's 24". We hired a contractor to build a frame and sheetrock.

• jaymielo
    15 years ago

nutbunch! Your pantry is so clean! ;)