Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nomad4_gw

Show me your green backsplash

nomad4
11 years ago

I'm trying to decide on grout color for my green backsplash but wanted to see finished examples. Could you please list the brand name & color. Thanks.

Comments (24)

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

This is my neighbor's kitchen. They used white grout.

• roulie
    11 years ago

Greens are so different... the backsplash in my last kitchen was sort of a grey-green. I would have to dig around to find out the brand and color of the grout (we have moved and I don't know where my renovation file from the last house is).

It was sort of a putty color -- I hope it helps enough just to see the picture!

• sas95
    11 years ago

Our backsplash tile isn't all green, but it has several shades of green in it. We used antique white grout.

• ginny20
    11 years ago

At the risk of being presumptuous, here is one of my favorite kitchens - not mine, however. I don't know how to copy just one of Brooklyn's pictures, but it's worth seeing the whole reveal anyway! She has green subways. I think in real life they are probably more like the grayer green in the later pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brooklyn Galley Kitchen finished

• alvmusick
    11 years ago

Ginny20- so sweet of you to post my kitchen! Yes, when my lights are off, the tile - along with my floor and counter - are more sage-like. When the lights are on - brighter/celery-like. I used a buttery ivory grout which is consisten with my wall color.

Nomad - check out Houzz and search for "green tile" you will find lots of inspiration. In addition, they just had an article on "green in the kitchen" - see link below.

I also hope you saw sixtyohno's kitchen here on GW - an inspiration.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Houzz[(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/cooking-with-color-when-to-use-green-in-the-kitchen-stsetivw-vs~6289336?utm_source=Houzz&utm_campaign=u227&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gallery17)

• nomad4
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the pictures and links everyone, your kitchens are lovely. This is exactly what I needed; it's impossible for me to imagine what grout will look like once dry and this way I can narrow it down to the one or two that I'll do sample boards with.

pipdog, is your neighbors grout a stark white? I'm seeing off-white (or my eyes may be going bad :)

Sas, was that laticrete antique white?

Roulie, on a side note was your old countertop leathered absolute black? That's what I'm getting and was just wondering how you liked it.

• sas95
    11 years ago

Yes, it's Laticrete antique white.

• thepaintedlady_gw
    11 years ago

Perhaps one of my favorite kitchen's ever:

• roulie
    11 years ago

Nomad,

My counters were leathered Cambrian Black. I'm not sure how Absolute and Cambrian differ (my Cambrian had a few little gold and silver flecks in an otherwise solid black), but I LOVED it! When we were designing the kitchen, I wanted soapstone for the soft, matte finish, but my husband wanted bulletproof ("patina" isn't his thing!) so this was our compromise, and we both ended up loving it. It looked beautiful but required no special care. I was told to clean it with windex, but I used all sorts of things -- soapy water, vinegar, commercial cleaners -- whatever I had on hand. We had it for 3 years, and it looked exactly the same as the day we put it in.

I think you'll love it!

Also, I was remembering a kitchen posted here years ago by Hoffman... she had green subway tile backsplash with white cabinets and soapstone counters... it's stunning!

Here is a link that might be useful: hoffman's kitchen

• karin_mt
    11 years ago

Goodness, I am in the same boat Nomad! Our green glass tiles are up and grout will go in today. DH and I were up to 11 last night with the little grout sample thingies. We agreed on the color we liked best ('platinum' which is a white/very pale grey) but the matching caulk is not available in that color. What to do? We might just go with white, which is what I've envisioned all along. I think I am having decision fatigue.

Let us know what you decide on. The modwalls website has a huge and delicious gallery of ideas. Link is below. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: modwalls gallery

• tracie.erin
    11 years ago

ayerg73's green backsplash is a gorgeous one. She says they are Debris Tile from Fireclay Tile - 2x6 subways in Kelp Green with swirl accents.

Here is a link that might be useful: ayerg73's Finished Kitchen thread

• kalapointer
    11 years ago

I have Pratt and Larson "Water Colors #07" 3x6 subways with an antique white grout on my back splash.

• nomad4
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone.
    Karin mt, I never thought picking grout would cause so much stress! since you've envisioned the white all along you're already 10 steps ahead and it'll probably look great, go with your gut.

Kalapointer, gorgeous tile, I thought Pratt & Larson only did paint. Is it also laticrete antique white? It looks so different from Sas95's antique white.

Roulie, I too wanted soapstone to begin with but DH wasn't crazy about it. Good luck with the blue kitchen!

• kalapointer
    11 years ago

No, my grout is not Laticrete. I think it is a Mapei product.

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

Here's mine. The grout lines are so thin you can hardly see the grout. It's a beigy color. Sorry, I need to fugure out how to make the photo smaller.

• karin_mt
    11 years ago

Nomad, thanks for your support! What are your tiles like? What are you leaning toward for grout?

re: Antique White - that is also one of the colors in the Custom Grout Solutions polyblends sample set we have. So there must be a few brands with that same name.

Here's ours, still not quite done but you get the idea. Funny after all the agonizing, I don't remember the name of the brand. The color is Silverado. I can find out the brand if you like.

It might be a touch darker than we wanted, but it's probably not fully dry yet. Either way, I'm not going to second guess it now!

Good luck with your search!

• nomad4
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Karin your backsplash looks great! I don't have a picture of my tile with me but it's similar to pipdogs, just a shade or so darker.
    I seem to be leaning towards the antique whites so I just have to get samples in the different brands and see what works. I'd appreciate it if you could find out your brand. Enjoy your kitchen!

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

roulie... what tile is your backsplash?

• prill
    11 years ago

Mine has an off white grout

• roulie
    11 years ago

Remodelfla:

The company is Ceramiche Grazia and the tile is called Rixi, in the color Agata.

• amandasplit
    11 years ago

I love my brothers!

• karin_mt
    11 years ago

Nomad,

The brand we used is TEC AccuColor. The grout changed color quite a lot and is (thankfully) much lighter now than the end of the day it was applied. It reads as white but it's not stark white since there is grey in it. It is just what we wanted.

We got our LED undercab lighting today. Holy cow! It dramatically changes the look of the backsplash - everything glows now, it is an amazing transformation. We are happy campers!

• nomad4
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone, I've been sick in bed for the last two weeks so a belated thanks to you all for the pictures and advice.